What's new

General/Other - D'Vorah D'Vorah General Discussion Thread

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Does anyone know what Xray is on block? In-game is listed as -15 though commentators mention it is safe, and I have also seen Honeybee followup on block!

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
So me and Bee were talking at ECT, and an interesting topic on f112 came up. Pretty much all the top players I played against/talked to, as well as some other really good players, know you can just eat the 2 since the worst they'll eat is a tech rollable db4 and Bee already knew that they knew that(my little brother figured this out before I did too). So, it's really kind of a gimmick. What's some stuff we can do to help fight that? I was thinking doing just f11 into a d1 is an option, since there's a good chance d1 will hit most of the time and it sets up the 50/50.

ragemaker

Stay Safe with WGCs
So me and Bee were talking at ECT, and an interesting topic on f112 came up. Pretty much all the top players I played against/talked to, as well as some other really good players, know you can just eat the 2 since the worst they'll eat is a tech rollable db4 and Bee already knew that they knew that(my little brother figured this out before I did too). So, it's really kind of a gimmick. What's some stuff we can do to help fight that? I was thinking doing just f11 into a d1 is an option, since there's a good chance d1 will hit most of the time and it sets up the 50/50.
we could check them with ex wasp grenade. That'll lead Ito full combo and mind games.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Just use the f11 EX Wasp grenade option select.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Just use the f11 EX Wasp grenade option select.
That doesn't really fix the problem I think. They unblock on the last hit only, and pretty much everyone I played against in casuals started doing it so I think most people are figuring it out.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Can you stagger with 112 WGC? Standing 1 is her fastest poke but its a high.

If you stop at f11 though you are susceptible to a punish though because its -8 with no pushback. So if they are really smart they should try and armor after f11 everytime. That way if you stop the string you get punished but if you continue the string they eat a 2. Its actually their best option. So I think you should let them eat the 2 into ovi.

Zoidberg747

Can you stagger with 112 WGC? Standing 1 is her fastest poke but its a high.

If you stop at f11 though you are susceptible to a punish though because its -8 with no pushback. So if they are really smart they should try and armor after f11 everytime. That way if you stop the string you get punished but if you continue the string they eat a 2. Its actually their best option. So I think you should let them eat the 2 into ovi.
F11 is neutral

P.S. @smokey her X-ray is safe, between -1 and -4.

Zoidberg747

I must be looking at the old frame data.
Probably.

I think there is a gap in f11 WGC but if they are trying to get hit by the two anyway you should be able to hit them with a combo at least once and make them scared to do it again.

You can also just do f11 throw but that isnt as scary.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Surely if they let go of block for the last hit of f112, you can just f11 on block, then follow up with f11, 21, 113 etc. again? That's even better than the situation you get after a f112~wgc. I don't get the issue.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Surely if they let go of block for the last hit of f112, you can just f11 on block, then follow up with f11, 21, 113 etc. again? That's even better than the situation you get after a f112~wgc. I don't get the issue.
f11 is neutral. All those follow-ups you listed are beatable by just crouching+poke, even another f11 since you're right in their face. There are ways to fight that obviously, or try and set stuff up off it with d1, but there's nothing to really take advantage of like with f112. I mean no one is perfect and sometimes they'll still block the 2 by accident, but people are learning quick from what I noticed and experienced at ECT.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I just finish up with db4. Or throw a wasp and run up. On block you get pressure, on whiff you can f22 and they have to respect you.

Otherwise I just stop at f11.

Shoutouts to players who don't know the match up and get hit by 2... lol

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
I just finish up with db4. Or throw a wasp and run up. On block you get pressure, on whiff you can f22 and they have to respect you.

Otherwise I just stop at f11.

Shoutouts to players who don't know the match up and get hit by 2... lol
Yeah I've been throwing the bug more regularly if they take the hit, but they can safely jump it even though most people are too scared to do it. It is however very nice when they block it, and its actually hit a few people as well lol.

Taking the hit from the 2 is much better than blocking the entire thing though. If they eat it they don't have to guess between an overhead or low which would put them in a bad spot if they guess wrong, and they don't have to eat a full blockstring that would do slightly less or more damage(depending on if you ex db4 or not).

Death

Noob
Does anyone know what Xray is on block? In-game is listed as -15 though commentators mention it is safe, and I have also seen Honeybee followup on block!
Funny you mentioned that because I have also tried to punish it but I got punished for pushing buttons. I think I remember honeybee telling me its plus.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Funny you mentioned that because I have also tried to punish it but I got punished for pushing buttons. I think I remember honeybee telling me its plus.
I haven't tested outside of matches but I think it can be plus. It has the on block stagger effect that knocks the opponent back a little as they back pedal. When the opponent does this animation in Mkx it means stand blocking takes longer than crouch blocking. Her xray might have variable block stun because of this. I'm gonna lab it when I get home, no excuse for not knowing exactly lol.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I haven't tested outside of matches but I think it can be plus. It has the on block stagger effect that knocks the opponent back a little as they back pedal. When the opponent does this animation in Mkx it means stand blocking takes longer than crouch blocking. Her xray might have variable block stun because of this. I'm gonna lab it when I get home, no excuse for not knowing exactly lol.
It all depends on the range, but yeah, shes plus.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
I know Dvorah has a good meter build and I read a thread that she builds a whole bar off of block string WGC. But in practice the meter disappears after every blocked move. I'm not new to fighting games at all. And I'm just wondering if this happens mid game.

What I think it is is that it sets me back to zero meter because I have it set to that but still. Any answers or do I not get something?

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
I know Dvorah has a good meter build and I read a thread that she builds a whole bar off of block string WGC. But in practice the meter disappears after every blocked move. I'm not new to fighting games at all. And I'm just wondering if this happens mid game.

What I think it is is that it sets me back to zero meter because I have it set to that but still. Any answers or do I not get something?
Never mind I had the meter behavior set to refill my bad. Case closed

Zoidberg747

You probably have the meter bar set to not refilling.