What's new

General/Other - D'Vorah D'Vorah General Discussion Thread

Just 212 but usually after a WGC to bait a button press. I know you can armour through it but almost no-one does this (yet).
After a blocked WGC string I love using her 113 for the following reasons:
1) This is the most important: 1 has a 7 frame startup vs 10 frame of 2
2) B1 WGC can't be hitconfirmed but there's plenty of time to use 11B2 instead of 113 if you hit them (and the link is MUCH easier).
3) 113 ends with an overhead so you can attempt something like 11 WGC B12 air grab and it in the heat of the match it will be VERY likely to catch them off guard.
4) If you're fast enough and see 11 hitting them (it's quite hard tho) you can hitconfirm it into either 112 WGC or 11B2.

- 2 and 113 are both +2 on block.
- 11 is neutral on block but 21 is -2.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Is it me or a blocked B1 has a slightly different timing on for the cancel (like F22)? Everytime someone blocks it I regally fu*k up the cancel.
All WGCs have different windows on block and on hit. Go into training and set the dummy to block "random kombo". Then you can practice getting the timings on hit and on block.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Almost have f22 and b1 wcs off of f112 down perfectly. Hopefully will be ready by tcw next week.

Is there anything else I should be working on?

Is someone with the patch testing the damage changes?

EDIT: I downloaded the patch, the damage in our main B&B is reduced in a range between 2% and 5%
so nothing too drastic in my opinion.
Here are some examples:
F11 WGC 212xxDB1 F44 run B12 air throw; now does 31% from 33%
F11xx EX DF1 backdash jip F44 F44 21U3xx air throw; now does 42% from 47%
B1 WGC 11B2 F44 F112xx DB4; now does 25% from 27%

Last edited:

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King

EDIT: I downloaded the patch, the damage in our main B&B is reduced in a range between 2% and 5%
Here are some examples:
That's not bad, thanks

I noticed this a while ago as well. It used to have the same range as f2, now it's considerably less.
Was is changed in the last patch? That would be a considerable nerf and I can't see a reason to nerf her Venomous and Brood mother variations...
Yesterday I went playing and D4 missed many times from a range I was pretty sure it would have hit.

KNX

Noob
Was is changed in the last patch? That would be a considerable nerf and I can't see a reason to nerf her Venomous and Brood mother variations...
Yesterday I went playing and D4 missed many times from a range I was pretty sure it would have hit.
I don't think so.

At the start of the round position, if you do D3 it's just short of being in range but D4 still hits... This is exactly how it was pre-patch.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it

Here are some examples:
Yeah I posted a lot of the new damage in the combo thread. Nerf did nothing of significance.

I don't think so.

At the start of the round position, if you do D3 it's just short of being in range but D4 still hits... This is exactly how it was pre-patch.
This. I haven't noticed any difference.

Also, I now feel like b1 is 100% hit confirmable once you get comfortable with it and have your reactions on point. There's a huge difference between b1 on hit and b1 on block, but the trick for making it easy is getting the df1+ff timing so it always comes out on hit with a run, and on block you just get the wasp grenade(or get used to hitting forward 3 times for b1). Once my arm heals I'll be able to dedicate more time to finding the exact timing too. Even if you don't backdash because you input the run and it actually went through, you can still just block right after.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Hey guys I recently started picking up on dvorah and I'm wondering how plus or negative I'm on certain WGC's on
f22, f11, 212, and 112.

Greatly love to know.

Also is their a general pressure pattern everyone is doing like. f22 wgc then what?

Would really like an answer

Krackatoa

BEES? BEES!
Hey guys I recently started picking up on dvorah and I'm wondering how plus or negative I'm on certain WGC's on
f22, f11, 212, and 112.

Greatly love to know.

Also is their a general pressure pattern everyone is doing like. f22 wgc then what?

Not punishable, but not plus. Exception might be 212. I think that's minus.

f22, f11, 212, and 112.

Greatly love to know.

If they block I usually go with 11...(hitconfirm into 11B2, blockconfirm into 113: I always press B in any case, I think it makes confirming it somewhat easier).

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Isn't the first hit a high doesn't that mean they can d1 out of it?
If they block the f22 and you go into WGC then you can cancel run into block or just back dash if you have the stamina. You cant continue pressure because they can punish you. F22 WGC on block does not leave you at advantage. If you see f22 is being blocked you can just finish the string with 4 and be safe.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
If they block the f22 and you go into WGC then you can cancel run into block or just back dash if you have the stamina. You cant continue pressure because they can punish you. F22 WGC on block does not leave you at advantage. If you see f22 is being blocked you can just finish the string with 4 and be safe.
Do you know what Strings are safe to go into pressure with?

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Do you know what Strings are safe to go into pressure with?
The only WGC that leaves you plus enough to follow up pressure is f112 WGC. From there you can mix them up with a b1 (low) combo or a f2 (overhead) combo. All other WGC if blocked can be punished if you continue to pursue pressure, so at that point you just want to cancel run into block or backdash.