What's new

Match-up Discussion Ducky's Raven MU Chart

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Also, @KhaoTik we are playing this mu to death at the next tournament we are both at. I'm fucking salty you missed NEC ;-;

Man YOU'RE salty?!? I was told I was getting sponsored by my clan and then they told me the WEEK OF NEC that they aren't paying for it. Uggghhhhhhhhh

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Man YOU'RE salty?!? I was told I was getting sponsored by my clan and then they told me the WEEK OF NEC that they aren't paying for it. Uggghhhhhhhhh
Yeah napalm ruined the 88s which is why I left. They nearly fucked over revolver too. Super shitty /:

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
These silly MU threads/numbers...

Just for conversational purposes, I think it's 5-5. Anyone that can punish iceberg from half to semi full screen scares me. Lets just be real...if the KF player does their job, they will MOST LIKELY win. If the Raven player does their job...they will MOST LIKELY win. Let's not pretend Raven is helpless in this MU.
Just my .02. ;)

Blind_Ducky

These silly MU threads/numbers...

Just for conversational purposes, I think it's 5-5. Anyone that can punish iceberg from half to semi full screen scares me. Lets just be real...if the KF player does their job, they will MOST LIKELY win. If the Raven player does their job...they will MOST LIKELY win. Let's not pretend Raven is helpless in this MU.
Just my .02. ;)
Yeah fuck you guys kf player agrees its 5-5 I win. <3

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Oh okay, I see what you mean, yeah if done off of a mb pull I can see it happen there. Yeah, Raven's j3 combos are insane, and so satisfying to do.
Rickyraws

the mu is 5-5. Just because it feels bad doesn't mean anything. Remember when Kung Lao kenshi was 7-3 Lao? And it turned out to be a 5-5.
You know, this thought popped into my mind and I wished to add to my previous proclamations, but you beat me to the punch- this situation is very similar to that of Killer Frost-Hawkgirl. Everyone and their mother thinks the MU is 10-0 Hawkgirl and even Hawkgirl players of varying skill levels "can't see how it could be anything other than advantage HG". Where as I, and as I'm sure other Frost players who do not desecrate her name, will swear up and down that it is 5-5. In fact now that I think of it, she is in the group of characters whose players send me the most death threats on XBL.

So perhaps the MU IS 5-5 and there are just so few Raven players who would ever make you see it that way. I dunno. I would say this is a legit point of discussion. Legit. Very legit. Too legit. Too legit to quit. And I know a thing or two about quitting...

Last edited:

Blind_Ducky

Mmmm dat gif <3 Rickyraws you please me sir. But yeah basically the way I see this mu is both characters can punish each other equally in a situation that they will be in for most of the match. And I feel like anyone saying kf wins is saying it because it's kf. Yeah she wins in other aspects like post slide but I don't even have to worry about post slide mix ups when I can push block you.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Since your arguement is that nobody plays Raven right except you and that MUs shouldn't be decided over other Ravens, why aren't you getting the BA MU # from Rico Suave ?

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Mmmm dat gif <3 Rickyraws you please me sir. But yeah basically the way I see this mu is both characters can punish each other equally in a situation that they will be in for most of the match. And I feel like anyone saying kf wins is saying it because it's kf. Yeah she wins in other aspects like post slide but I don't even have to worry about post slide mix ups when I can push block you.
Yeah, when it takes reads from both sides, equal punishes from pretty much long range, risks for both characters and vortexes from both parties, with both parties fearing each other's options, on paper that's a textbook example of an even match. Maybe I'm being mislead by the community and my personal results, but like I said, I'll keep this MU open in my mind until I play you or a Raven at your level.

Blind_Ducky

Yeah, when it takes reads from both sides, equal punishes from pretty much long range, risks for both characters and vortexes from both parties, with both parties fearing each other's options, on paper that's a textbook example of an even match. Maybe I'm being mislead by the community and my personal results, but like I said, I'll keep this MU open in my mind until I play you or a Raven at your level.
THANK YOU. Also this mu online is all sorts of fucked because kf zones Raven with daggers so it's pretty ass and is also partly why I think people think she wins.
My BA beats Raven ;)
Yeah shut up YOU beat Raven ;-;

Sami

Noob
The only thing that was stopping Raven/BA being even before was BA's amazing damage if he got a hit on her. Raven's zoning was always super strong against him and she could put him in the ambiguous setups. BA had options to escape them but they did not lead to Raven being punished. Most of his move nerfs didn't really change the MU, but when his damage dropped the disparity between the two pretty much vanished.

Also, you all made the silly mistake of trying to argue with Duckie on the internet. This isn't a discussion thread, it's Duckie's Statement of Fact.

Finally, why was a personal MU chart sticki... wait never mind, Statment of Fact ;)

On a serious note, what made Lobo move up to 5-5? I have no idea of that MU so I'm assuming people have no figured out the various buffs and he's turned into a bit of a beast.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I'm not being obtuse (edit: i.e. if it was a typo then fine), but what the crap does Rebelloing mean? So many words it sort of looks like.

The art of pumping up a player and/or character with phrases such as "you just don't know" and "if you're not playing *insert character/player*...".

This is named after Canadian online warrior Rebello, who was prophized to lead us to the MMH promised land.