What's new

Match-up Discussion Ducky's Raven MU Chart

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I actually think it's 5-5 online lol. Soul crush is harder to punish, you jump for free, teleport is harder to react to, etc.

The same thing could be said about other frost players and me as well.

But surely you didn't come up with this number from offline play, right? There aren't any good frost players lol

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
I actually think it's 5-5 online lol. Soul crush is harder to punish, you jump for free, teleport is harder to react to, etc.

The same thing could be said about other frost players and me as well.

But surely you didn't come up with this number from offline play, right? There aren't any good frost players lol
I've beaten PR Balrog in tournament, he's still technically the most successful tournament frost right? And I doubt you were able to come up with your number from offline play either.

xKhaoTik

I've beaten PR Balrog in tournament, he's still technically the most successful tournament frost right? And I doubt you were able to come up with your number from offline play either.

Ahhh that name makes my blood boil lol. But I guess you're right. And my offline experience is only with zaf.

Idk man. I do think you're the best raven and I feel bad disagreeing with you lol, but I just don't see how this is 5-5.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I just can't imagine what you would do differently that can change my mind on the matchup. Its been said multiple times by quite a few players from both parties that the only thing keeping this MU from being 7-3 frost is demon stance.

You could be right tho.

Blind_Ducky

Ahhh that name makes my blood boil lol. But I guess you're right. And my offline experience is only with zaf.

Idk man. I do think you're the best raven and I feel bad disagreeing with you lol, but I just don't see how this is 5-5.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I just can't imagine what you would do differently that can change my mind on the matchup. Its been said multiple times by quite a few players from both parties that the only thing keeping this MU from being 7-3 frost is demon stance.

You could be right tho.
Raven is going to be in demon stance most of the time, she gets it free. Both characters have to make reads after Raven does a pillar. Whichever character guesses right gets a vortex. Raven per combo out damages frost and if her vortex lands it does more damage than frosts if hers lands. I don't see how this is not a 5-5. Sure Raven loses post slide mix up but big deal? Blocked side and guessing correctly isn't that big of a deal. Daggers are useless to frost, Raven wins trades with iceberg and shadow raven. My main thing about why the mu is 5-5 is because they both punish each other about equally and have to guess in the same situation, not to mention when Frost is guessing Raven is the one doing the chip damage.

Blind_Ducky

For the same reasons xKhaoTik explained above. Having patience in this MU, specially with the Raven's demon stance is the key for success and it favors KF for a 6-4. But sure we need to have more discussion about this MU, specially from other KF players.

RunwayMafia
RiBBz22
Rickyraws
And who's to say the Raven can't be patient? Someone's going to use their unsafe special eventually and you can't just assume oh kf won't use it. And did you bother reading what I said? The mix up in demon doesn't favor one character over the other. They both get a punish into a vortex if they guess right. But what do I know right? The match up is 5-5. Give me some actually reason for why its kf favor besides oh kf is Gona be more patient, make better reads, etc.

The_Furax

I accept nothing. Nothing is inevitable.
And who's to say the Raven can't be patient? Someone's going to use their unsafe special eventually and you can't just assume oh kf won't use it. And did you bother reading what I said? The mix up in demon doesn't favor one character over the other. They both get a punish into a vortex if they guess right. But what do I know right? The match up is 5-5. Give me some actually reason for why its kf favor besides oh kf is Gona be more patient, make better reads, etc.
Relax man! I am not bothered because of this. I just gave my thought about this MU. I don't feel like it being 5-5. Let's have some more discussion about this through this thread. ^^

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
When Raven is in demon stance and she catches you in a pull she can make j3 cross up or not cross up if spaced correctly and can loop it.
Injustice Gods Among Us: Where zoning characters have vortexes.

Now this j3 loop, have you tested to see if the Killer Frost player couldn't have autocorrect slided.....slide......slid..........

Now this j3 loop, have you tested to see if the Killer Frost player couldn't have autocorrected black ice to escape or shift the hitbox to modify how the combo must be done? I know J3 can hit preeetty damn deep, but if done deep, it would, in theory, be slightly more obvious to block, no? While aware of the loop, I never really ever go for that when I play Raven, so understandably, I'm not the most well versed in how it works. I ask because it's possible to escape some deep j3s or cause them to trade/hit at an awkward angle to mess up conversions by the attacking player. It's very inconsistent with how Batman's j2 can literally beat MMH's overhead teleport in terms of priority where as Frost's J1 is the only jump attack she has that can straight out stuff it if done right.

Also, I have to echo what xKhaoTik said about PSN Frosts, in terms of online Frost players: The Frosts on Xbox Live ARE TEEERRRIIIBLE. The character is great, but you'd never know if you only played on XBL. The Frost players are INCONCEIVABLY BAAAAAAAAAAD. Obviously there are exceptions, but the vast majority, more so than every other character in the roster is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE to the point where I am constantly given extreme props from many players excelling online and holding records while being a "low tier hero."

"low tier hero."

"low tier hero."

In terms of being chipped out by a Raven in Demon Stance, if that's the way the MU should be played, wouldn't that mean that all the KF has to do is wait out DS and then go on the offensive when you don't have it? (This assumes they will just block and themselves to be chipped)Simply attempting to chip out KF....wouldn't that turn into a game of reads as opposed to free chip against a character who can't do much ala GL? I also think this MU is very very incumbent on reads from both sides, but very little can be done against KF OUTSIDE of reads when Raven doesn't have DS, no? Assuming only one of the two players would be patient, or only one of the two players will mount an offense can be misleading to MUs, which is why I tend to test out theories in real life scenarios with players who use 1 character in vastly different ways, but in that case, more accurate understandings of the MU can be established when the skill gap between Raven players and yourself isn't as high, and the same for Frost players. There are some consensus based 5-5s that I never lose, but I don't factor my being good at the MU/playing it better to mean that my character has an actual advantage. Perhaps it's the same case with you? I've also stopped bothering to tell people that Frost has meterless, traitless, background bounce less, easy as hell 41%s that I have yet to see other Frost players use. While Raven has a very healthy damage output, isn't meter required for anything more than 38? It's more feasible to drop a combo prematurely to start the vortex, but that doesn't take into consideration damage that can be done otherwise (From Frost), or even when MB hard attacks are taken into consideration. Just another thing to study in the MU and shows that it's not nearly one side beating the other in the damage department, as a lot of people overlook things Frost can do for guaranteed damage, due to how much more efficient the guessing game is.

Also, they are great players. I respect them both, but PR Rog's Frost was demolished by Cossner doing one special move, and Chris G's POST patch Killer Frost compared to his PRE patch Killer Frost was more painful to watch than having front row seats to one's own vasectomy. I'd like to play it safe and say this MU is...

...inconclusive.

xKhaoTik

The essence of Raven is the demon stance, which Raven players, aside from Blind Ducky, apparently do not understand.

Which vortex? Raven's mix ups seem very limited.

O don't get me wrong, I'm fully aware of how dangerous demon stance is. To this day, I still think its one of the most stupid things in this game lol. Only blind is scary with it tho

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I used to think the Raven MU was pretty free, but I honestly haven't played any true dedicated Raven players that have hella leveled up. I want to play Ducky sometime, but I have been a bastard and haven't really played much Injustice since I got my PS4...

I would need to run a few sets to adjust to any new stuff from Raven players I haven't seen before that might catch me until I get used to it...but in general I have always thought the MU is advantage Frost. I feel like she wins zoning when Raven is not in trait, her up close game is scary for the Raven player, and the soul crush punish from near full screen is really brutal and keeps the Raven player from spamming it (which opens up other things for KF).

xKhaoTik

I can care less if raven is in demon stance tbh. I don't move at all lol. Who cares if she's chipping me? The chip isn't all that bad and the stance doesn't last too long. The pillar and grab is the safest thing raven can do to frost anyways. Teleport is a joke lol

Once demon stance is done, what is raven doing to frost? Rushing...lol. Zoning...lol. Frost has the tools to deal with both of those options, and she beats raven in both departments (except demon stance).

Another thing that no one has mentioned (I was waiting for others to say it) is Frost's meterless vortex. This COMPLETELY fucks raven over hard. Raven is already free on wakeup anyways (against frost at least) and couple that with the meterless vortex and, well... Lol.

Soul crush vs Spike. Both tools are very good and they both shut down the other player. They blow up dashing pretty bad too and are gdlk for whiff punishment. Soul crush does have the bigger hitbox, catches airborne foes, faster startup and safer on block tho. But here is when things favor the spike. Although soul crush is as good as it is, it has limited ranged (3/4 of the screen) while spike tracks. Meaning, KF can zone for free if raven is outside of sc range, and if the raven thinks they can sc, it whiff, giving frost the opportunity to punish. Speaking of punishing, but I believe raven has to spend a bsr of meter to get any damage off of sc, while KF can get a vortex from hers meterless (upclose). Even if raven does spend the bar, most of the Time, they just get another sc. I dont believe she gets a vortex either. We all know what KF gets from a MB spike. Spike wins this war imo

I can go on for days about this match. I can talk about how raven's pressure is limited upclose against frost, or the weird hitbox on Raven's lift whick allows frost to jump over and punish at the correct distance, or spiking the trait on startup (or throwing a dagger against those who jump to activate it), etc.

Blind_Ducky

Rickyraws the vortex has to do with mb pull, it's not escapable it is a guess between a cross up and non cross up j3, Raven can get like 45- 48%ish for a bar if mad damage is done off j3. If you guys are going to try to say that I haven't played good frosts then you guys can't say the mu is 6-4 frostwhen you've never played me. Don't know anything about those mus so I'm not doing to say anything, it isn't part of this discussion.

Mr. Mileena the mu is 5-5. Just because it feels bad doesn't mean anything. Remember when Kung Lao kenshi was 7-3 Lao? And it turned out to be a 5-5.

xKhaoTik so you're perfectly okay with sitting there eating ~20% chip damage? And letting me build ALL my meter? Raven doesn't have to rush or zone. If she has the life lead and her traits on cool down she just waits about 6 seconds and spaces herself so she's in soul crush range or just sits full screen blocking icebergs. You're not going to make up all that chip damage in 6 seconds off that move. How do you beat Ravens zoning when you can't use other special safely? And when you get in you're going to just get pushblocked out immediately. The meter less vortex is bad, sure but it may be possible to wake up out with a delayed wake up, not sure. Also Raven is free on wake up to the entire cast, yet she doesn't lose to every character in the cast. Soul crush goes further than 3/4 screen it's a terrible argument saying oh I'm going to use a special that's punishable when I'm out of crush range. Raven takes half a dash fwd and she's in range to punish and if you think you're going to win by dashing back putting yourself at a safe range, then what about when you're in the corner? The vortex is in demon stance, which she has all the time. And Raven isn't going to try to punish iceberg from full screen, what happens is, Raven dashes up and frost either dashes back and continues to corner herself in an attempt to chip with a move that won't win with chip or just does something else that'll help frost win. Go on talking about an mu that you've never played at a high level, while asking me which frosts I've played. A lot of characters can jump over lift, black Adam can for example and she beats Adam. Doesn't make a big difference in the mu. If I do air trait and you dagger, then I cancel air trait into teleport and you die. This match up is 5-5.

This is the only time I'm posting some long ass theory fighting post. I fucking hate doing this. The match up is 5-5 and will remain 5-5 in this thread regardless of what anyone tells me.

Last edited:

Blind_Ducky

Also, @KhaoTik we are playing this mu to death at the next tournament we are both at. I'm fucking salty you missed NEC ;-;

xKhaoTik

Wait she builds 2 bars and does a total of 22%? With what?

i still dont care tho. At least im not getting hit