What's new

Strategy Doomsday's weaknesses.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
It's not hard to time and is consistent. Stuffing Cat Dash is absolutely tournament viable and has been proven to be so. The matchups and character tools are not based on you being too worried about your execution issues. Maybe you need to rep Doomsday better?
Perhaps i do, against certain MU's like BA and WW, yes. Can you show me some tournament footage where a DD player was stuffing a wake up cat dash with ES consistently? And i say again, i am comparing the tools DD has with the tools of other characters here... Dont stuck only in the wake up game. You think DD has more tools than CW in general and why? Thats my main question here and its still hasnt been answered.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Perhaps i do, against certain MU's like BA and WW, yes. Can you show me some tournament footage where a DD player was stuffing a wake up cat dash with ES consistently? And i say again, i am comparing the tools DD has with the tools of other characters here... Dont stuck only in the wake up game. You think DD has more tools than CW in general and why? Thats my main question here and its still hasnt been answered.

It's not a matter of ES stuffing Cat Dash. Cat Dash just isn't invincible for long and any character can stuff it. Doomsday can stuff it with other moves. ES is good because off certain knockdowns she has no other options but to block, she cannot jump or backdash. You can see players like Newbiesauce and Slips stuffing wakeup Cat Dash weekly on the GBS stream.

I am talking about her wakeup game because you called it awesome. I don't care enough to break down Catwoman or Doomsday. You've already decided what you think about her.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
You could be right about NW. At the same time i didnt know the NW match up and adjusted very well. So are you a NW player or no one that can show me any different? The matched are there for your viewing enjoyment. With more to come. Feel free. And zod players dont hold your breath. Thats another over rated character. More so after patch. DD destroys him. Ive proven then again pig of the hut and as well as M2dave on two occasions. And on my stream channel the very first vid has me versus him in there. Ending at 16-6 if i remember correctly. On our second face off

Batgirl is not a bad match up at all. I don't know who says that.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
General M2Dave has warned you

Noobe you and I were running dead even actually w me ahead most of time till last 10 games out our 50
Play and practice w all the zod's u want

They are not Dave and they are not pig

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
It's not a matter of ES stuffing Cat Dash. Cat Dash just isn't invincible for long and any character can stuff it. Doomsday can stuff it with other moves. ES is good because off certain knockdowns she has no other options but to block, she cannot jump or backdash. You can see players like Newbiesauce and Slips stuffing wakeup Cat Dash weekly on the GBS stream.

I am talking about her wakeup game because you called it awesome. I don't care enough to break down Catwoman or Doomsday. You've already decided what you think about her.
Lets get something straight here. I called her trait wake up awesome, not her wake up game in general. It can be stuffed, yes, but she can throw it around here and there.

I havent decided anything about CW. All i have said is that she is very solid character. Others have downplayed the character to oblivion.

Noobe

Noob
All the people bitching about "Waah this is another tier thread" shut the fuck up and actually discuss the threat at hand. Jesus Christ.

Noobe I'm gonna need to hear why you think Wonder Woman is overrated and why you think Doomsday does fine against her because I'm not seeing it.

If you want to know then look at my video vs the best WW out there supposedly. And ive played Reos WW before I even fought the character and did very well against him and beat it also. 7-3 ugh yea right.

Also again. I don't agree with anything that anyone is saying on here. The pre patch may be. No not at all. I know KF is a bad match up. But I just beat a KF in a tournament we had in FL. And I'm picking off every player i can find in the KF forums badly for such a bad match up.

If anyone can show me any different feel free to hit me up. I'm done talking.

Noobed on live

Noobe101 on psn.

Everyone can see for themselves on my stream or YouTube what I'm talking about

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
If you want to know then look at my video vs the best WW out there supposedly. And ive played Reos WW before I even fought the character and did very well against him and beat it also. 7-3 ugh yea right.

Also again. I don't agree with anything that anyone is saying on here. The pre patch may be. No not at all. I know KF is a bad match up. But I just beat a KF in a tournament we had in FL. And I'm picking off every player i can find in the KF forums badly for such a bad match up.

If anyone can show me any different feel free to hit me up. I'm done talking.

Noobed on live

Noobe101 on psn.

Everyone can see for themselves on my stream or YouTube what I'm talking about

Sorry man but your videos are unwatchable. Too much shaking and blur. Also you mentioned online. DD is broken online, everybody knows that. Do you have any offline footage?

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
Catwomans wakeup game sucks.

ES stuffs everything but trait.

If she doesnt have trait she MUST block ES.

If she has trait, neutral jump and take your 40 percent free. Or MB b3.

Alternatively, if you knock her down with an ES mid screen, hold back, and as soon as you feel Doomy free up, shoulder. That stuffs her non trait as well.

How are her wake ups good against Doomy?
She can evade strings into ES and full combo punish. She might even be able to evade the overhead and punish. She can also evade venom even if it's meter burned and full combo punish. Her jump 2 whip also stuff venom on start up if you try to anti air her with it. It's an even match up, but she has a lot of tools.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
I really want to hear your opinion on the match up with her new vortex. Because I thought it was 6-4 before the vortex. With the vortex I don't really see how you're supposed to do well unless your spacing and footsies are godlike. She does more damage in all situations, even on wake up. Why do you think it's so even?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
She can evade strings into ES and full combo punish. She might even be able to evade the overhead and punish. She can also evade venom even if it's meter burned and full combo punish. Her jump 2 whip also stuff venom on start up if you try to anti air her with it. It's an even match up, but she has a lot of tools.

He is talking about raw ES which you cannot evade.

How does she get a full combo punish when she evades? Unless trait counts as "full combo"?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
She still gets a punish on something that would otherwise be positive on block.

Yeah, that's pretty good, but it's not a full combo and it also means she now does not have a good wakeup attack.

Also most strings and normals she evades she does not get a trait cancel as a punish. Venom is the exception but most of the time he can block.

Noobe

Noob
General M2Dave has warned you

Noobe you and I were running dead even actually w me ahead most of time till last 10 games out our 50
Play and practice w all the zod's u want

They are not Dave and they are not pig

Your right we were up until the very end. I was getting used to your play style. You run a lot more than Dave so it took a bit of adjusting and that's what I did. If you want to run it back we can whenever you want.

And the only sounds ever played were dave's and yours. I beat dave 2 different sets. And out of our first fight i have you 1-0. So theres no other zods to play to practice against. Just in game adapting.

Noobe

Noob
Sorry man but your videos are unwatchable. Too much shaking and blur. Also you mentioned online. DD is broken online, everybody knows that. Do you have any offline footage?

Broken? For those who can't block. I've played other DDs and block just fine and win. So I don't want to hear that. You may need a better connection or go practice blocking. I've played other top players and have blocked me and beat me online before. So I don't know what you're talking about.

And no I don't have much offline footage. It is what it is. Had to use a webcam the footage is somewhat watchable. If you want to learn to use it if not then oh well. Like I said I'm using Avermedia now to stream and record so the quality will be perfect. Subscribe and stay tuned and when I play top players then everyone will be able to kick back and enjoy.

I'm calling out all the good players with their respective characters to come challenge me whenever. The more the better. Let's see who shows up.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Broken? For those who can't block. I've played other DDs and block just fine and win. So I don't want to hear that. You may need a better connection or go practice blocking. I've played other top players and have blocked me and beat me online before. So I don't know what you're talking about.

And no I don't have much offline footage. It is what it is. Had to use a webcam the footage is somewhat watchable. If you want to learn to use it if not then oh well. Like I said I'm using Avermedia now to stream and record so the quality will be perfect. Subscribe and stay tuned and when I play top players then everyone will be able to kick back and enjoy.

I'm calling out all the good players with their respective characters to come challenge me whenever. The more the better. Let's see who shows up.

That depends on the connection man, I barely blocked 3 shakes in 40 something games when I almost never get hit by them offline. When at some point I told you I was salty in the first set it was because very often I had to just block shake and do X/Y, but instead got knocked down and it was over.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.

have you played a good flash? i'll remove some one on xbl or psn to add you, and since you are fellow emperor i'll record if we play on xbl and post it with commentary to break down the MU :)

Noobe

Noob
I really want to hear your opinion on the match up with her new vortex. Because I thought it was 6-4 before the vortex. With the vortex I don't really see how you're supposed to do well unless your spacing and footsies are godlike. She does more damage in all situations, even on wake up. Why do you think it's so even?

Damage is great. But what's even better is how easy you can get it. And her baby hands and terrible reach are no good against a character that can outreach you and punish. Even with her counters. They are good but its all about mind games. If you have none then you won't do anything to anyone.

Simply put she can build an offense on the ground too easy against DD and if she takes it in the air she will get snatched everytime. She should stand tackle is good. But it can be jumped in reaction and she eats 40% for her mistake. As far as I'm concerned it's an uphill battle for her and I have proved it against the best. She's a good character but not like everyone makes her out to be. At least not against DD.

Vortex or not if she can't get close then it means nothing at all. And if you cant block then thats your fault. Ask reno rax why he doesnt like using BG against me. Because i xan block. And all she has is that. Once thats gone shes not a big threat. Again watch the videos. A couple are annoying because of the fan (sorry its hot in Miami) but mute it look and stop complaining about what you do not have and look at what you do and make the most of it.

This is directed at anyone who complains. If you don't like it oh well. If you can do better. Show me. If not shut up. I don't want to hear theirs. That's why I dont post on forums. Everyone always wants to talk and no action. This isn't the WWE. Get real

Noobe

Noob
have you played a good flash? i'll remove some one on xbl or psn to add you, and since you are fellow emperor i'll record if we play on xbl and post it with commentary to break down the MU :)

Ive been looking to play you sir. Add me. I havent played many. Some here and there. Add me on both. What are your user names for both?

DD's weaknesses:

Slow normals. That means characters with faster normals can easily shut down his ES game. He cannot rely alone in d1xES.

Trait's cool down is too long and the duration is not that much. A good player can easily take advantage of that and shut down his trait if DD tries to advance.

ES is a double edged sword. It can easily keep people on the look out and allow DD for easy meter build but if an opponent spaces himself correctly and makes the low hit whiff, DD gets punished with a full combo. Also the fact that MB ES is slower than the regular one it does not allow DD to use it at all, outside of combos.

His bad MU's atm are imo:

Batman (6-4, possible 7-3)
Superman (possible 7-3)
BA (possible 7-3)
Killer Frost (possible 7-3)
Nightwing (6-4)

Characters above him in NPO:

Aquaman, MMH, Killer Frost, Batman, Superman, BA, Batgirl, Nightwing, Bane, Wonder Woman, Zod, Solomon Grundy, Green Lantern, Shazam, Flash, Catwoman.

He also might be losing to Bane, WW and Aquaman. Thoughts? Now dont get me wrong, he is still a very solid character but the characters mentioned above can do better than him overall.

SonicBoomBrad, Noobe, Vintagesoul, GGA Jeremiah, @DD players.

EDIT: Changed the title so it wont be misleading anymore.

Post edited.

Oh so I've been losing a 7-3 match up all along.

Noobe

Noob
That depends on the connection man, I barely blocked 3 sacks in 40 something games when I almost never get hit by them offline. When at some point I told you I was salty in the first set it was because very often I had to just block shake and do X/Y, but instead got knocked down and it was over.

Lol well you're in Greece so you get a pass. But I don't care. I've played random DDs on shitty connects and block ES half the time. It's all about adjusting to the match within the match. Thats why i like running long sets.

Unless the connection is just plain terrible.