What's new

Strategy Doomsday's weaknesses.

LaR

Noob
Catwoman's normals are on par with Batman's. Her wake up game with trait is awesome AND safe as well. Play a good CW who knows what is doing and you ll see those things as well.
Batmans normals aren't even that good but he makes up for it with with his ambiguous j2 and trait. Yes her trait wake up is good but she wont always have trait. I could be wrong because i haven’t played many catwomans but i think she just doesnt have enough bullshit like the rest of the cast does.

His bad MU's atm are imo:

Batman (6-4, possible 7-3)
Superman (possible 7-3)
BA (possible 7-3)
Killer Frost (possible 7-3)
Nightwing (6-4)

Characters above him in NPO:

Aquaman, MMH, Killer Frost, Batman, Superman, BA, Batgirl, Nightwing, Bane, Wonder Woman, Zod, Solomon Grundy, Green Lantern, Shazam, Flash, Catwoman.

He also might be losing to Bane, WW and Aquaman. Thoughts? Now dont get me wrong, he is still a very solid character but the characters mentioned above can do better than him overall.

SonicBoomBrad, Noobe, Vintagesoul, GGA Jeremiah, @DD players.

EDIT: Changed the title so it wont be misleading anymore. My bad people.

Post edited.
I wouldn't put that many characters above DD, he is a very solid character and he'll always be tournament viable. He is in that area with like raven and flash in my opinion. He only loses to a few characters and he holds his own vs top tiers like MMH and Aquaman. Also I actually feel he has no 7 3, that is just my opinion though.

haketh

Noob
All the people bitching about "Waah this is another tier thread" shut the fuck up adn actually discuss the thread at hand. Jesus Christ.

Noobe I'm gonna need to hear why you think Wonder Woman is overrated and why you think Doomsday does fine against her because I'm not seeing it.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Batmans normals aren't even that good but he makes up for it with with his ambiguous j2 and trait. Yes her trait wake up is good but she wont always have trait. I could be wrong because i haven’t played many catwomans but i think she just doesnt have enough bullshit like the rest of the cast does.
Her j2 is probably the best in the game and her mix ups up close are scary which both lead to almost 50% dmg off a jump in and the use of trait. She can build her trait up with parries against projectiles or slow attacks. Not to mention her hit box in general.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Hmmmmmm, another joke thread. IMO doomsday loses to none of those characters in the OP. I played and beat the best batman before the patch and beat them. Now it's even worse for batman. Superman was 6-4. Now 5-5. No more abusive moves to spam or lasers . And he needs meter. BA 6-4 pre patch. Now its 5-5. Why? He can't run as easily at all. Doesn't have ex lightnings to spam. KF I agree 7-3. Yet even been playing known KF players online and have been wrecking them bad very very bad. Just waiting for chaotic :). And Nightwing 6-4? When? Never. Especially now. Yea right. I've never played one Nightwing thats ever beaten me consistently. Ever. Why does a lot of these match ups change. That second hit of armor. And the fact that most of these characters got nerfed bad

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Adam definitely beats Doomsday.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I wouldn't put that many characters above DD, he is a very solid character and he'll always be tournament viable. He is in that area with like raven and flash in my opinion. He only loses to a few characters and he holds his own vs top tiers like MMH and Aquaman. Also I actually feel he has no 7 3, that is just my opinion though.
I know, i mentioned that as well. But his tools are limited if you compare them to the characters i mentioned in the OP. Cant talk much about raven since only blind man reps her really well from what i ve seen, but Flash is seriously scary in the right hands. The reason only a few people play him is because there are much easier characters in the game that do what Flash does, for example Aquaman. Killer Frost might be 7-3. The rest are 6-4's. But in time, DD will start losing against characters like WW for example. And by saying lose i mean 6-4, which is highly winnable for DD ofc.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
I know, i mentioned that as well. But his tools are limited if you compare them to the characters i mentioned in the OP. Cant talk much about raven since only blind man reps her really well from what i ve seen, but Flash is seriously scary in the right hands. The reason only a few people play him is because there are much easier characters in the game that do what Flash does, for example Aquaman. Killer Frost might be 7-3. The rest are 6-4's. But in time, DD will start losing against characters like WW for example. And by saying lose i mean 6-4, which is highly winnable for DD ofc.
I think WW is a 7-3 along with KF actually. Everything else is a 6-4 if it's bad.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I think WW is a 7-3 along with KF actually. Everything else is a 6-4 if it's bad.
Nivek and i have agreed that its a solid 6-4 WW atm. Its shit hard for DD to play his game against a cautious WW who knows how to fight against DD. If people are still get hit regularly by ES its not DD's fault. Its the players fault for not blocking. That does not make DD top 10. People need to start to realize that.

Actually as time goes by, I see him getting more dangerous. The only reason I say this is because ppl are so used to what DD's always do, but a lot of DD's dnt even incorporate the few combos he actually possesses and to be honest, he has one of the best AA's in the game with his AA grab as well. As long as he can just go in and terrorize opponents, he'll always be a solid character with just a few bad matchups. I'll be back later though.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
And zod players dont hold your breath. Thats another over rated character. More so after patch. DD destroys him. Ive proven then again pig of the hut and as well as M2dave on two occasions. And on my stream channel the very first vid has me versus him in there. Ending at 16-6 if i remember correctly. On our second face off.
AK Pig Of The Hut and I are playing the match up wrong.

Enjoy your wins while they last.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Actually as time goes by, I see him getting more dangerous. The only reason I say this is because ppl are so used to what DD's always do, but a lot of DD's dnt even incorporate the few combos he actually possesses and to be honest, he has one of the best AA's in the game with his AA grab as well. As long as he can just go in and terrorize opponents, he'll always be a solid character with just a few bad matchups. I'll be back later though.
In my eyes DD is a character who destroys players, not characters. As long as players realize that, DD wont be that much of a threat in the future. As for AA options, besides his AS, you mean his d2? If so, its good, but not that good. I can name you many other characters with much better d2's in terms of hit box and range. Combo wise, he has a 42% or 43% dmg combo with one 1 bar off a body splash but i ve never seen anyone doing it besides me. Its shit hard to do it, especially in an intense match. I still drop it quite a few times. Requires strict timing.

LaR

Noob
Her j2 is probably the best in the game and her mix ups up close are scary which both lead to almost 50% dmg off a jump in and the use of trait. She can build her trait up with parries against projectiles or slow attacks. Not to mention her hit box in general.
wouldn’t go that far i know it has a crazy good hitbox but can't you just block high after it and not have to worry about anything as her low wont reach?. And she has to work really hard to get into the range where her low hits so its only fair that she does big damage.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
wouldn’t go that far i know it has a crazy good hitbox but can't you just block high after it and not have to worry about anything as her low wont reach?. And she has to work really hard to get into the range where her low hits so its only fair that she does big damage.
No, you didnt understand me. I meant the hit box of the character in general, not the hit box of her j2.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Catwoman's normals are on par with Batman's. Her wake up game with trait is awesome AND safe as well. Play a good CW who knows what is doing and you ll see those things as well.

Let's be serious here her only wakeup attack you can't easily stuff requires trait and has many ways to blow it up. Her wakeups are decent at best with trait not awesome. It's a problem. There's a lot of characters where if they knock her down and she has no trait she is in serious trouble. It's not a trait that recharges on it's own either.

187x

Noob
This is the official, let's talk about Doomsday's bad match ups and see how bad they really are thread. Also why the fuck does everyone up play this character so much? He only bodies people that don't know the match up and like to hit buttons in between plus frames.
oo, Thread title should be a little different then. Tell me why you think batman is a bad mu. 7-3 post patch seems very silly.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
oo, Thread title should be a little different then. Tell me why you think batman is a bad a 7-3? 7-3 post patch seems very silly.
I think it's 6-4. His parry is a hard thing to ignore and bats are annoying. But at least he has to commit to his parry, so it's really punishable unlike other characters *cough cough Wonder Woman*. His zoning also forces you to have meter or trait in order to get in. I think he deals with Doomsday really well. The good part is that once you knock him down he doesn't really have any options.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Let's be serious here her only wakeup attack you can't easily stuff requires trait and has many ways to blow it up. Her wakeups are decent at best with trait not awesome. It's a problem. There's a lot of characters where if they knock her down and she has no trait she is in serious trouble. It's not a trait that recharges on it's own either.
You can just stand up and block. You dont have to do a wake up every time you are knocked down. Her wake up game is mediocre, yes, but her other tools are not. Dont rely only to her wake up game. See the character as a whole. Batman has probably the shittiest wake up game in the entire cast, does that stop him from destroying other characters, even after the patch? Nope.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Have you played him offline Dave? Cause online does not mean much.
Not yet offline.

But I make no excuses. Noobed did beat me.

Nonetheless, Pig and I are very confident that this match is at least 5:5. Zod has all the necessary tools. We just have to figure out a couple of things, which is difficult because the vast majority of players who use Doomsday suck.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
You can just stand up and block. You dont have to do a wake up every time you are knocked down. Her wake up game is mediocre, yes, but her other tools are not. Dont rely only to her wake up game. See the character as a whole. Batman has probably the shittiest wake up game in the entire cast, does that stop him from destroying other characters, even after the patch? Nope.

You're the one who said it was awesome!

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Not yet offline.

But I make no excuses. Noobed did beat me.

Nonetheless, Pig and I are very confident that this match is at least 5:5. Zod has all the necessary tools.
Agreed. Atm i see it as a 5-5 as well. If Zod activates trait, DD can just wait for the trait to end and then start his offense against Zod. Not to mention that once Zod is knocked down, its party time for DD. One good thing though, Zod charge wins against Venom if they trade. Just wanted to let you know.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Catwomans wakeup game sucks.

ES stuffs everything but trait.

If she doesnt have trait she MUST block ES.

If she has trait, neutral jump and take your 40 percent free. Or MB b3.

Alternatively, if you knock her down with an ES mid screen, hold back, and as soon as you feel Doomy free up, shoulder. That stuffs her non trait as well.

How are her wake ups good against Doomy?