What's new

Strategy Doomsday's weaknesses.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
BA does NOT care about meter.

Adam will be walking back all the time and his walking speed is one of the best, F2 needs to be done at b2 range for Doomsday to connect with it

He will always have a bar of meter and has damage without meter than doomsday himself dreams of having even with 1 bar ( which is very important for him )
Would agree if bane weren't in the same boat, and it's 5-5 bane v ba.

Trust me, Adam needs bar since it's the only thing standing between him and fresh meat in the soap factory prison

STORMBEARDFIREHAMMER

Child Progidy
DD's weaknesses:

Slow normals. That means characters with faster normals can easily shut down his ES game. He cannot rely alone in d1xES.

Trait's cool down is too long and the duration is not that much. A good player can easily take advantage of that and shut down his trait if DD tries to advance.

ES is a double edged sword. It can easily keep people on the look out and allow DD for easy meter build but if an opponent spaces himself correctly and makes the low hit whiff, DD gets punished with a full combo. Also the fact that MB ES is slower than the regular one it does not allow DD to use it at all, outside of combos.

His bad MU's atm are imo:

Batman (6-4, possible 7-3)
Superman (possible 7-3)
BA (possible 7-3)
Killer Frost (possible 7-3)
Nightwing (6-4)

Characters above him in NPO:

Aquaman, MMH, Killer Frost, Batman, Superman, BA, Batgirl, Nightwing, Bane, Wonder Woman, Zod, Solomon Grundy, Green Lantern, Shazam, Flash, Catwoman.

He also might be losing to Bane, WW and Aquaman. Thoughts? Now dont get me wrong, he is still a very solid character but the characters mentioned above can do better than him overall.

SonicBoomBrad, Noobe, Vintagesoul, GGA Jeremiah, @DD players.

EDIT: Changed the title so it wont be misleading anymore.

Post edited.

zod

dd spends meter doesnt do much damage, mb3 is his achilles heel

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Would agree if bane weren't in the same boat, and it's 5-5 bane v ba.

Trust me, Adam needs bar since it's the only thing standing between him and fresh meat in the soap factory prison
Adam always has meter.

Adam - Bane is not even. One backdash nerf and slight damage reduction does not turn a 7-3/8-2 matchup into even.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
This is the official, let's talk about Doomsday's bad match ups and see how bad they really are thread. Also why the fuck does everyone up play this character so much? He only bodies people that don't know the match up and like to hit buttons in between plus frames.

edit: this isn't me ridiculing that idea but making a recall to what you did to me some weeks ago so yeah :eek:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Adam always has meter.

Adam - Bane is not even. One backdash nerf and slight damage reduction does not turn a 7-3/8-2 matchup into even.
The general consensus among banes like max, bipolar, and the like is its a 5-5. I'm inclined to agree with them heavily.

187x

Noob
I think it's 6-4. His parry is a hard thing to ignore and bats are annoying. But at least he has to commit to his parry, so it's really punishable unlike other characters *cough cough Wonder Woman*. His zoning also forces you to have meter or trait in order to get in. I think he deals with Doomsday really well. The good part is that once you knock him down he doesn't really have any options.
What you just said makes it even. Bats and batarangs are annoying but the whole cast has to deal with it not just doomsday in particular, Don't see how his terrible perry is a threat. I could see how it was a bad mu pre patch with pre patch bats and b23. But post patch...

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
You're the one upplaying Selina and saying she has an awesome wakeup attack. You can't say that then go "ok yeah well just block" lol
The only playing i see here is you downplaying her, not me up playing her. Besides her wake up game, which can still be solid on some occasions, the character as a whole is fantastic. Too bad she doesnt have good reps.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Agreed. Atm i see it as a 5-5 as well. If Zod activates trait, DD can just wait for the trait to end and then start his offense against Zod. Not to mention that once Zod is knocked down, its party time for DD. One good thing though, Zod charge wins against Venom if they trade. Just wanted to let you know.
If you wait for the trait to end, Zod has a full screen 50/50 mix up when executed properly.

The smart thing to do is to activate trait when Zod activates his trait, so that he does not have access to his best move (i.e., bite). This is what makes the match "different" for Zod.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Catwomans wakeup game sucks.

ES stuffs everything but trait.

If she doesnt have trait she MUST block ES.

If she has trait, neutral jump and take your 40 percent free. Or MB b3.

Alternatively, if you knock her down with an ES mid screen, hold back, and as soon as you feel Doomy free up, shoulder. That stuffs her non trait as well.

How are her wake ups good against Doomy?
ES is not consistent some times against her wake up cat dash. It requires timing. I meant CW as a character has better options than DD not only in the wake up game department.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
The only playing i see here is you downplaying her, not me up playing her. Besides her wake up game, which can still be solid on some occasions, the character as a whole is fantastic. Too bad she doesnt have good reps.

I eagerly await the good Catwoman rep so I can steal their strats.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
If you wait for the trait to end, Zod has a full screen 50/50 mix up when executed properly.

The smart thing to do is to activate trait when Zod activates his trait, so that he does not have access to his best move (i.e., bite). This is what makes the match "different" for Zod.
You mean with zod balls and the laser mix up? If so, DD has a free MB Venom then if Zod decides to do that.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
There is alot of buyers remorse here.

DD has the tools to beat anyone, because no matter what anyone says.... ES is a bitch to block and will never be blocked 100% of the time. The more you hit doomsday, the more shit he can do TO you.

There is too much "theory" going on.

Tools are tools sure.... but I've never seen a DD just get his back blown out when he knew a MU.

You should be discussing how to blow up said bad MU's and exploit the one or two things you CAN do... not all this "BS" you can't do.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
ES is not consistent some times against her wake up cat dash. It requires timing. I meant CW as a character has better options than DD not only in the wake up game department.
Combos take timing
Footsies take timing
Everything takes timing

How is you not being good at the timing a reason why her wake up game is good?

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce

DD has the tools to beat anyone, because no matter what anyone says.... ES is a bitch to block and will never be blocked 100% of the time. The more you hit doomsday, the more shit he can do TO you.

Tools are tools sure.... but I've never seen a DD just get his back blown out when he knew a MU.

You should be discussing how to blow up said bad MU's and exploit the one or two things you CAN do... not all this "BS" you can't do.
I dont have buyers remorse. Doomy is awesome and can beat anyone.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Combos take timing
Footsies take timing
Everything takes timing

How is you not being good at the timing a reason why her wake up game is good?
Let me put it this way. If DD does indeed hit CW with ES he deals 11% dmg. But if CW hits DD with cat dash she deals over 30% dmg. Its not worth the risk. But you have a point though.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Let me put it this way. If DD does indeed hit CW with ES he deals 11% dmg. But if CW hits DD with cat dash she deals over 30% dmg. Its not worth the risk. But you have a point though.

It's not hard to time and is consistent. Stuffing Cat Dash is absolutely tournament viable and has been proven to be so. The matchups and character tools are not based on you being too worried about your execution issues. Maybe you need to rep Doomsday better?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!

I agree with you but the point is that ES alone does not give DD free wins. Thats the point. You cant win matches with one move alone. It was never possible in fg's and it will never will be. DD has issues whether you like or not. "Theory" goes out of the window in my book. Also this thread is not MU discussion, its to compare what tools DD has against the cast.

Post edited.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
It's not hard to time and is consistent. Stuffing Cat Dash is absolutely tournament viable and has been proven to be so. The matchups and character tools are not based on you being too worried about your execution issues. Maybe you need to rep Doomsday better?
I smell another topic in the podcast coming on... >_>