What's new

Strategy Doomsday's weaknesses.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Deathstroke actually isn't that bad. From half screen you can actually punish guns with venom. And as long as you respect his wake ups, you can full combo punish him every time. You basically walk him to the corner and force him into an uncomfortable position. I used to think it was a terrible match up. But as long as you understand you can't oki him it's not that bad. Glad to see you're playing and having fun again brah.
Old nigga from greece qwark was right.

Oh also I am going to
Deathstroke actually isn't that bad. From half screen you can actually punish guns with venom. And as long as you respect his wake ups, you can full combo punish him every time. You basically walk him to the corner and force him into an uncomfortable position. I used to think it was a terrible match up. But as long as you understand you can't oki him it's not that bad. Glad to see you're playing and having fun again brah.
I actually got a bunch of stream equipment for my place. Me and Slips usually play a best of 49 (first person to get 25 wins) and I get bodied by his Scorpion and his Deathstroke. I think my personal best is winning 9 once. I'll start streaming soon and you guys can give me tips.

Besides who doesn't like watching DD get bodied? Besides us fellow Doomies of course.

cR_whiteboi

Jobbers are mouthpieces for gods.
Old nigga from greece qwark was right.
Don't know why I'm laughing as much as I am lol. I've always agreed on this mu with you. I've played argenrost (or whatever he likes to call himself) but he won't use ds against me anymore. He just despises it.

E

Eldriken

Ravens don't generally give me a hard time, but Hawkgirl? I remember shortly after I started playing Doomsday that I came across one of the top ranked Hawkgirl players in a ranked match. I didn't know what the hell hit me. I was like, "...wtf?" So, she naturally became one of my most hated MUs early on.

Well, I've come across the aforementioned Hawkgirl player a few times here recently and have won each of them. Easily? Not really. I had to put my work in for the win.

So, I would say it's definitely a 5-5 in my opinion if the Hawkgirl player knows what they're doing. If not? Flowchart DD will likely take it.

Espio

Kokomo
My two cents on the HG MU, 7-3 (feel free to disagree, probably more like 6-4 I'm pretty fucking free to Doomsday). Venom beats out Mace Charge every time (unless there's something I missed when I played seriously) and any kind of tracking move like Supernova fucks with flight. She really doesn't have anything to fuck his trait up (new Mace Charge might help? Haven't played much with it) and she doesn't get many invincibility frames on any wake-up move nor has any armored moves beyond B3\F3, so it's tough getting out of the corner when you get trapped. Argue with me if you disagree, I'm not pretending to be the HG master

Mace charge is a great tool, but like any tool you have to know when to use it and not get predictable against people who can deal with your tools effectively. She doesn't need to fly in this match up all the time and to be honest it shouldn't be her main focus for several reasons: Doomsday in general has slower normals than she does, similar damage and generally similar character designs in the sense that they both chip away at your life and are obnoxious bruisers, a competent/developed rushdown game, footsies and spacing are crucial in order to hang with Doomsday.

Her wake ups are fine, but why not just just block earthshaker in the corner and then do down 1, wing evade 3 if you're worried about them getting stuffed? It gets her out of the corner and a considerable distance away from Doomsday. That's just one option/possibility. Keep in mind if someone's looking to blow up your wake ups, they're not looking for if you decide to do something else entirely. It's important to mix up what you do after getting knocked down.

Down 1, wing evade 3 and things like that mess with his trait effectively.

Down 2 can blow up body splash pretty easily since it's a 9 frame anti-air with a superb hitbox.

Damage wise they're relatively even midscreen and most of their damage is usually acquired via chipping away at their opponent over time with their strong specials.

It's a solid 5-5 in my opinion.

Ravens don't generally give me a hard time, but Hawkgirl? I remember shortly after I started playing Doomsday that I came across one of the top ranked Hawkgirl players in a ranked match. I didn't know what the hell hit me. I was like, "...wtf?" So, she naturally became one of my most hated MUs early on.

Well, I've come across the aforementioned Hawkgirl player a few times here recently and have won each of them. Easily? Not really. I had to put my work in for the win.

So, I would say it's definitely a 5-5 in my opinion if the Hawkgirl player knows what they're doing. If not? Flowchart DD will likely take it.
It's one of my favorite match ups and it's pretty fair overall, shame I never run into many good Doomsday players to actually run it, but I agree with 5-5.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Ya it's not free, but doomsday should win most of the time.
Second must I bring ducky in on his opinion of all raven besides him and glass sword? Lol
Man I'm glad to hear you and pl are back into the game and on the destroyers side.
Whooooooa. The originator GGA Jeremiah AND Perfect Legend are BOTH back on the bricks of Doom?
Don't tease my emotions. Oh. Oh man.

There a Doomy Renaissance in the air :D. I like it. A lot.

E

Eldriken

Mace charge is a great tool, but like any tool you have to know when to use it and not get predictable against people who can deal with your tools effectively. She doesn't need to fly in this match up all the time and to be honest it shouldn't be her main focus for several reasons: Doomsday in general has slower normals than she does, similar damage and generally similar character designs in the sense that they both chip away at your life and are obnoxious bruisers, a competent/developed rushdown game, footsies and spacing are crucial in order to hang with Doomsday.

Her wake ups are fine, but why not just just block earthshaker in the corner and then do down 1, wing evade 3 if you're worried about them getting stuffed? It gets her out of the corner and a considerable distance away from Doomsday. That's just one option/possibility. Keep in mind if someone's looking to blow up your wake ups, they're not looking for if you decide to do something else entirely. It's important to mix up what you do after getting knocked down.

Down 2 can blow up body splash pretty easily since it's a 9 frame anti-air with a superb hitbox.

Damage wise they're relatively even midscreen and most of their damage is usually acquired via chipping away at their opponent over time with their strong specials.

It's one of my favorite match ups and it's pretty fair overall, shame I never run into many good Doomsday players to actually run it, but I agree with 5-5.
You can add me if you want and have the 360 version. My GT is the same as my username. I'm not a top Doomsday by any means, but I feel as if I can hold my own for the most part. I don't get much HG experience at all, so any extra would be awesome.

Ya its good to have em back, but remember, brad, me,noobe and a select few were here during the dark age when doomy was in recession. Also here to get you more wet.
https://mobile.twitter.com/PerfectLegend/status/410875716318687232
Oh. My. God.

Can't wait! :D

Espio

Kokomo
You can add me if you want and have the 360 version. My GT is the same as my username. I'm not a top Doomsday by any means, but I feel as if I can hold my own for the most part. I don't get much HG experience at all, so any extra would be awesome.
Unfortunately, I'm only on PSN so I won't be able to play you, but I'm willing to play anybody though regardless of skill level :).

E

Eldriken

Unfortunately, I'm only on PSN so I won't be able to play you, but I'm willing to play anybody though regardless of skill level :).
Well, damn. If I ever stumble across a cheap copy for the PS3, I'll let you know. =P

But if anyone else wants some Doomsday experience (be honest, who doesn't? lololol), feel free to add me. Username = GT. Just throw me a message letting me know who you are.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
That's my favorite line of his out of the ones he uses after you win a round. :D

It hypes me up, especially if I'm losing after I take their first bar. DAT ADRENALINE.
Yeah especially when you drain the other person's meter and you win that betting thing you do with meter.

E

Eldriken

Yeah especially when you drain the other person's meter and you win that betting thing you do with meter.
The clash? I rarely ever bet any of my bar during that, even if the player has 2-3 bars they can damage me with. The only time I ever do is if I'm really, really low on health and have enough bars to wager compared to theirs to gain health.

I always like to try and keep 1-2 bars after a clash, especially when I'm low on health, because most players get overly anxious and start to do stupid shit to chip you out and tend to get punished accordingly. I've gotten many rage quits and hatemail messages due to this.

It's risky, but the payoff is priceless.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
The clash? I rarely ever bet any of my bar during that, even if the player has 2-3 bars they can damage me with. The only time I ever do is if I'm really, really low on health and have enough bars to wager compared to theirs to gain health.

I always like to try and keep 1-2 bars after a clash, especially when I'm low on health, because most players get overly anxious and start to do stupid shit to chip you out and tend to get punished accordingly. I've gotten many rage quits and hatemail messages due to this.

It's risky, but the payoff is priceless.
Lol I hear ya man, I dont take online seriously. I just troll ppl b/c of the Lag and shit, but when there os no Lag I play Legit.

E

Eldriken

Lol I hear ya man, I dont take online seriously. I just troll ppl b/c of the Lag and shit, but when there os no Lag I play Legit.
I troll people that aren't very good at the game, lol. It pisses them off and I find it amusing to hear them yell "STOP!" into their microphone.

Now, if I play someone who's good at the game, I switch it up for sure. I haven't gotten hardly any "omg lern comboz bra" messages lately like I used to. I was flowchart DD at the beginning, but thanks to fellow Doomsday players here, I learned there's a bit more to him than simply going flowchart. I like popping off 42% corner combos with one meter because there's a lot of folks that don't know Doomsday's capable of relatively decent combo damage. Sure, it doesn't stack up with other folks in the cast, but who cares? He has his tools that make up for it.

All in all, Doomsday is new, inexperienced or overall bad players' nightmare. A knowledgeable person with the MU, is a good player and can consistently block ES online won't view him as anything other than fucking annoying. lol

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Yup, I dont own Injustice yet (trying to get the Ultimate Edition) but I played they demo and seen alot of players in tournaments on youtube use him. I think he is top tier though thats why he is used alot I guess.

E

Eldriken

Yup, I dont own Injustice yet (trying to get the Ultimate Edition) but I played they demo and seen alot of players in tournaments on youtube use him. I think he is top tier though thats why he is used alot I guess.
I don't mean this in regards to you, so don't take offense to it: Only new, inexperienced or bad players (like I said before) think that Doomsday is top tier. He's top tier in their books because he can run a train on them like no one else.

People who know Doomsday and how to handle his shenanigans certainly don't think/feel the same. lol

He's probably top 15, just outside of top 10. Or, that's what I believe the overall consensus is around here.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I don't mean this in regards to you, so don't take offense to it: Only new, inexperienced or bad players (like I said before) think that Doomsday is top tier. He's top tier in their books because he can run a train on them like no one else.

People who know Doomsday and how to handle his shenanigans certainly don't think/feel the same. lol

He's probably top 15, just outside of top 10. Or, that's what I believe the overall consensus is around here.
None taken. Ahh yeah, Its just like ppl in MK9. Who use KL, Raiden, Cage etc in which KL is top tier but most ppl online dont know how to use him that very well same for Raiden users or Cage's. They jst do the same BS as all the players they just sit and block until you go close to them then they do their thing. Cowards really.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian

I trul

Espio speaks with the Hawknowledge. I'm still convinced he's one of her worst MU's, right behind Cyborg, Deathstroke and MMH (in no order) but if anyone's the expert here, it's you