What's new

Doom 4

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Honestly, I feel this should be removed. As of now you can basically machine-gun shotgun blasts with a Super Shotgun + Combat Shotgun loadout with this and it absolutely shreds anyone up close.
Mind you, its really only beneficial to the super shotgun since you actually have to reload the next shot.

Also super shotgun + combat shotgun is ridiculous, but only works in close range maps so you would still need to use another loadout once you get to an open area arena.

InFlames

dead
I heard the carlton dance from Fresh Prince of Bel air is in there so im getting this ASAP
They also have the Jump On It Dance from the show, quality stuff

Mind you, its really only beneficial to the super shotgun since you actually have to reload the next shot.

Also super shotgun + combat shotgun is ridiculous, but only works in close range maps so you would still need to use another loadout once you get to an open area arena.
Agreed but I do expect the Super Shotgun to be changed in some way eventually.

If it doesn't though I wouldn't really mind, this game is still fun af.

SnapMap is amazing.

The ability to build complex logic into the maps is incredible.

Allows for logic gates, integer comparison, boolean switches, and even string variables (have not yet found a use for this). I will probably spend more time building maps than actually playing the game at this rate.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
First I wanna say thanks to @evolution07 for being my guinea pig lol

Anyway so here's the damage #s for each weapon for MP.

Vortex Rifle:
Charged - 84
Regular - 32

Super Shotgun:
Close - 80
Far - 25
Very Far - 8/9

Rocket Launcher :
Close - 55
Splash - 32

Combat Shotgun:
Close - 31/30
Far - 19
Very Far - 8/9

HellShot:
Headshot - 26
Body - 15
Far - 20

Burst Rifle:
3 Shot (anywhere) - 9
ADS (anywhere) - 15

Heavy Assault Rifle:
Anywhere - 9
Headshot - ???

Lightning Gun:
Anywhere - 8
Headshot - ???

Plasma Rifle:
Close/Far - 6
Headshot - ???

Chaingun:
Close - 8
Far - 5

Anywhere - doesn't matter the distance

??? - There was moments where I will get extra damage from close range, a specific distance or body parts, but couldn't replicate it again. . . weird.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
What's this game like content wise? Is there a good amount of multiplayer maps? Decent sized single player campaign? That sort of thing.

E

Eldriken

Despite the Doom Marine never talking or showing any signs of personality, I like him a great deal.

Spoilers ahead to explain myself:

I love how when Dr. Hayden is begging him not to destroy the Argent energy things he just kinda waits patiently for Hayden to finish talking and then destroys it anyway. He gives absolutely no fucks. He's there to kill everything and that's what he's gonna do, no matter what the cost is.

I also like how he punches the weapon upgrade bot after making your selection. He's like, "Gimme my shit and get the fuck outta here."

Last edited by a moderator:

WarlordRenegade

Founder of Team Renegade
I grew up in the arena shooter era. Unreal Tournament Lan parties were hella fun. Back when expansion packs meant a real add on and not missing content.
Back when expansion packs meant real content? This is hilarious to me, I hear this all the time man and it baffles me. I also grew up in the 90s with LAN parties and expansion packs but you not understanding that an expansion is different that's an entire add on of a game or content my man, an expansion is meant to be a totally new experience and content of an old game, dlc pack is not the same.. thats why the word "expansion" isn't being used, you are told upfront what is in the dlc pack and you get what you pay for plain and simple. If you feel the dlc is lacking in content or not worth the price listed then just don't buy it problem solved.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Burst Rifle is my favorite so far for MP.

I just wish MP wasn't so damn laggy at times, I get melee'd when i'm miles away from someone.

kevkopdx

Noob
great game, a lot of fun though it gets a bit repetitive- i prefer Wolfenstein the old blood but they play fairly different

Element_

The First Element
Them Micro Missiles bro. Have great range. Also, i need people to play with on multiplayer...anybody wanna roll with me?;)

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Them Micro Missiles bro. Have great range. Also, i need people to play with on multiplayer...anybody wanna roll with me?;)
You on PS4?

---

I really need them tweak the sensitivity for MP. I honestly feel like old man trying turn around kill someone & yet I have the jogging speed of a world class jogger. . . its unbalance lol

Element_

The First Element
I usually prefer 3rd person stealth games...MGS, Splinter Cell, Hitman etc. But i'm liking Doom a lot ! Love the fast pace it sets and how you basically all ways have to be on the move. The fun really starts when you pick up the Chainsaw & various Rifles.

InFlames

dead
First I wanna say thanks to @evolution07 for being my guinea pig lol

Anyway so here's the damage #s for each weapon for MP.

Vortex Rifle:
Charged - 84
Regular - 32

Super Shotgun:
Close - 80
Far - 25
Very Far - 8/9

Rocket Launcher :
Close - 55
Splash - 32

Combat Shotgun:
Close - 31/30
Far - 19
Very Far - 8/9

HellShot:
Headshot - 26
Body - 15
Far - 20

Burst Rifle:
3 Shot (anywhere) - 9
ADS (anywhere) - 15

Heavy Assault Rifle:
Anywhere - 9
Headshot - ???

Lightning Gun:
Anywhere - 8
Headshot - ???

Plasma Rifle:
Close/Far - 6
Headshot - ???

Chaingun:
Close - 8
Far - 5

Anywhere - doesn't matter the distance

??? - There was moments where I will get extra damage from close range, a specific distance or body parts, but couldn't replicate it again. . . weird.
Goddamn 80 damage, I thought the most you could get was around 70 with the Super Shotgun.

Were you not able to test critical hits? I know the Vortex can get 110 and Chaingun 10.

yzzerdd

levitate levitate levitate levitate
I didn't play the beta and was honestly pretty skeptical about this game. Happy to say my doubts were ripped apart limb by limb. MP is fast and frenetic, but not overly intimidating (gravy cause I only got it for the campaign, which is awesome. Play this shit!!!) The customization depth was also a pleasant surprise. Step aside Halo 5. I'm hooked on this, KI szn 3, and Bloodborne atm.
My psn is Carcosa_Native if anybody wants to fuck shit up *metal hands* *plays cradle of filth*

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
I'm down for multiplayer. Shaolin and I played the other day, good stuff. Id love to have a big group going so we can dominate everyone. Post your psn and I'll send a FR.

Both. PC a little more, takes awhile to find matches....
I usually don't have a problem finding matches but I know a lot of players do. It was a problem with the initial alpha that they looked into and fixed, but some are still plagued by it.