What's new

Doom 4

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Don't see why it shouldn't. Balance wise they need to do something about the demon rune & it should be good to go.

They're fine, they work as intended.

If they don't kill in one hit they'd be pretty useless. Plus with the way runes spawn, you really can't just abuse it the entire game.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Xbox gets 1 and 2 if you digitally preorder IIRC.

PS4 gets squat :(
Dude that sucks! I have a PS4 too.

They're fine, they work as intended.

If they don't kill in one hit they'd be pretty useless. Plus with the way runes spawn, you really can't just abuse it the entire game.
Yea, I totally agree. Its just that if you & your teammates are not on there Ps & Qs about killing the Demon, it'll turn the tide quick lol.

EMPEROR PRYCE

Dude that sucks! I have a PS4 too.

Yea, I totally agree. Its just that if you & your teammates are not on there Ps & Qs about killing the Demon, it'll turn the tide quick lol.

That's what I love! Changes the pace of the match and forces movement and teamwork.

Honestly I think this game could be huge in the competitive arena

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
That's what I love! Changes the pace of the match and forces movement and teamwork.

Honestly I think this game could be huge in the competitive arena
Whats your opinion on DOOM MP having loadouts instead of picking weapons in the maps? I for one think its a great idea, make it where people aren't "camping" around weapons & focusing more on the objective.

EMPEROR PRYCE

Whats your opinion on DOOM MP having loadouts instead of picking weapons in the maps? I for one think its a great idea, make it where people aren't "camping" around weapons & focusing more on the objective.
I like the idea of load outs w a few power weapons on map

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
multip. beta was boring IMO, but the story mode def. looks promising
Story does look pretty amazing. Reception for the multiplayer/beta has me pretty shocked actually. Thought it would play more in line with the old doom and or doom 3 actually.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Seems to be mixed feelings on the multiplayer aspect. There are those saying it plays too much like halo / CoD. I've never played either of those so I'm not entirely sure what their complaint is.

multiplayer is fun but I really suck at it. Some folks are constantly getting 20+ kills in every session and idk how they do it lol. I'm lucky to even get 5, maybe 10 in a session. I can shoot someone dead on for literally seconds while I have full health and armor, and they'll turn around and shoot me once or twice and I die. -_-

I hope the single player campaign is good. I liked the horror / survivor type from doom 3 and I know this will be different, but hoping it turns out well.

I'm also excited for the snap map. That will be fun to build maps with even tho hardcore PC gamers are upset it's not a true builder.
This is generally why I stay away from multiplayer in shooting games. There's all sorts of fuckery to be had

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
multiplayer has some pretty terrible reviews, can it be salvaged? does anyone think the multiplayer may have some potential longevity if they get their act together?

Seems to be mixed feelings on the multiplayer aspect. There are those saying it plays too much like halo / CoD. I've never played either of those so I'm not entirely sure what their complaint is.
I've read that it is the fact that Doom is an arena shooter and should play like one, instead you have CoD movespeed when you should be able to dodge rockets and shit

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
I've read that it is the fact that Doom is an arena shooter and should play like one, instead you have CoD movespeed when you should be able to dodge rockets and shit
See, the problem with that is Doom is for the single player while QUAKE is for the multiplayer. Never have Doom had a "arena shooter" like MP before, (not to my knowledge at least) so I don't really understand people complaints. Doom is known for its SP, not its MP.

Also DOOM walkspeed is faster then any CoD games. Honestly there jogging anyway, so. . . .

God Confirm

See, the problem with that is Doom is for the single player while QUAKE is for the multiplayer. Never have Doom had a "arena shooter" like MP before, (not to my knowledge at least) so I don't really understand people complaints. Doom is known for its SP, not its MP.

Also DOOM walkspeed is faster then any CoD games. Honestly there jogging anyway, so. . . .
I've seen the multiplayer. Nobody said it had to be an arena shooter. But that is definitely, without a doubt, an arena shooter multiplayer. This is the path they chose to take themselves. And the walkspeed seems like a pretty legit complaint, considering.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
I've seen the multiplayer. Nobody said it had to be an arena shooter. But that is definitely, without a doubt, an arena shooter multiplayer. This is the path they chose to take themselves. And the walkspeed seems like a pretty legit complaint, considering.
Huh? Never said it wasn't a arena shooter, just that people are trying compare it to something it wasn't before. And yea DOOM movements vs. CoD movements( AW & BO3) is pretty legit complaint.

God Confirm

Huh? Never said it wasn't a arena shooter, just that people are trying compare it to something it wasn't before. And yea DOOM movements vs. CoD movements( AW & BO3) is pretty legit complaint.
ahh ok sure. But people aren't saying anything bad about the single player, nobodys played it through yet. People are reviewing the multiplayer, whether its a SP focused game or not its ok to talk about the multiplayer too

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
lemme guess, everyone in multiplayer is running around 1 shotting peeps with explosive weapons, spawn camping, abusing the map by staying in an area not easily accessible by normal means and killing everyone from that spot? -___-

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
lemme guess, everyone in multiplayer is running around 1 shotting peeps with explosive weapons, spawn camping, abusing the map by staying in an area not easily accessible by normal means and killing everyone from that spot? -___-
No.

spawn camping
Thats not really possible.

abusing the map by staying in an area not easily accessible by normal means and killing everyone from that spot?
Most areas (from the beta) was accessible, so no again.