What's new

Doom 4

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
Do you believe there will be a competive scene for this? I too want to go hard in this game.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Don't see why it shouldn't. Balance wise they need to do something about the demon rune & it should be good to go.

virtiqaL

Noob
Unfortunately, it seems arena shooters are quick to die off these days. Not sure why D4 would be an exception.

Looking forward to this game though, if not only for the SP/Coop experience.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Friend was telling me some of the weapons are pretty unbalanced in the beta, aka shotgun and rockets are the way to go....thoughts etc?

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Friend was telling me some of the weapons are pretty unbalanced in the beta, aka shotgun and rockets are the way to go....thoughts etc?
That's how they always have been....

I noticed as time went on, the plasma gun was pretty great because it has an alt fire that essentially makes the floor toxic for a few seconds, also the fully charged sniper (vortex rifle) does the same amount of damage as the Gauss Cannon.

I'm sure as more weapons are revealed and time goes on, the balance will be ironed out... but seriously, old doom is literally almost all shotguns and rocket launchers.

BanTheTesters

That's how they always have been....

I'm sure as more weapons are revealed and time goes on, the balance will be ironed out... but seriously, old doom is literally almost all shotguns and rocket launchers.
Yep, this is true....Quake was kind of the same way but good point.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Really REALLY wish i had more time to dedicate to this game. Have been on the BETA since it began....the game is nuts. Fucking love it.

TKB

Noob
I'm a massive DOOM fan and have been since the original. Can't wait. Wish I could have gotten into the beta :(

BanTheTesters

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

Looks like this will be the alternate box art that was selected by the Doom community:

It also seems that a season pass has been announced at $45. It will feature 3 "Premium multiplayer packs" (which can be purchased separately for $14.99) with the first one releasing during the summer that will feature 3 new maps and a new weapon and more.

Source via Destructiod: http://www.destructoid.com/doom-s-post-launch-dlc-detailed-includes-40-season-pass-353568.phtml
You mean a $40 Season Pass, not $45. :p

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
Seems to be mixed feelings on the multiplayer aspect. There are those saying it plays too much like halo / CoD. I've never played either of those so I'm not entirely sure what their complaint is.

multiplayer is fun but I really suck at it. Some folks are constantly getting 20+ kills in every session and idk how they do it lol. I'm lucky to even get 5, maybe 10 in a session. I can shoot someone dead on for literally seconds while I have full health and armor, and they'll turn around and shoot me once or twice and I die. -_-

I hope the single player campaign is good. I liked the horror / survivor type from doom 3 and I know this will be different, but hoping it turns out well.

I'm also excited for the snap map. That will be fun to build maps with even tho hardcore PC gamers are upset it's not a true builder.