What's new

Doctor Fate General Discussion

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
How does that answer the question?

You want a discussion about Dr Fate, and yet can't answer a straightforward question. I'm asking: how do you deal with Batman's crossup.

Anytime you want to stop being a child you let me know, 'kid'.
u block then push block

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Just found 2 interesting things with doctor fate.

1. If you end a combo with glyph of Osiris in trait on an airborne opponent, it's a hard knockdown (f2u3, f2xxpush). It will not cause a hkd on a grounded opponent (f2xxpush)

2. Red anks do not cause a hard knockdown on airborne opponents (2113, far red ankh), but they do cause a hkd or a grounded opponent

There may be exceptions to these rules but this is what I've found so far. Let me know if you guys think this is strange or not

Edit: red ankhs actually only appear to be a hkd on opponents that aren't already in hitstun so the only hkd with ankhs that works is just raw ankh on a grounded opponent

Last edited:

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Just found something else cool. When you have trait and an ankh out and you wanna do ankh shot, ankh summon, you can determine where the shot lands by either tapping the ankh summon input(db3) to make the shot land close or holding the button to make the shot land max distance while your summoning another ankh.

Last edited:

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
GUYS! The fucking healing is very useless, right? Yes! But... the MB healing is very good because it heals 15%!

I just tested it! 15% health back is very useful :D

babalook

Noob
We have enough time during trait to end combos with 211, call the ankh, launch it, and go for a guaranteed f3. If they delay wakeup, then they eat the F3. If they wakeup, it'll most likely miss because of how far away we are from them on knockdown.
after a 211db3 combo ender in trait they're also in perfect range for his df1 to be unduckable, so df1 df3 df1 is a pretty safe option as well.

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
GUYS! The fucking healing is very useless, right? Yes! But... the MB healing is very good because it heals 15%!

I just tested it! 15% health back is very useful :D
@OmGxBdON @DarksydeDash @Pig Of The Hut Should we bother with the Mb healing orb? Healing orb setups? Because it seems to have a pretty bad recovery time and we have to actually get to it before we start healing. If not knocked down anyone with a zoning tool will most likely punish us for as much if not more than what we'd hoped to get back.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
@OmGxBdON @DarksydeDash @Pig Of The Hut Should we bother with the Mb healing orb? Healing orb setups? Because it seems to have a pretty bad recovery time and we have to actually get to it before we start healing. If not knocked down anyone with a zoning tool will most likely punish us for as much if not more than what we'd hoped to get back.
I only use it after a stage bounce because I have time to put it behind me and walk back. Only use the MB version since it heals 15%

Does the healing circle heal "health proper" - or only damage that isn't finalized (still yellow)?

Usually the only times I use it are when I'm trying to f2.

Also - I went to a local tournament that was streamed on twitch (first real event, HUGE nerves being on stage), and I have to say that despite me feeling like I did respectable, watching bdon makes me feel like I have more than I could have imagined ahead of me in growing to be a better Fate. I'm rewatching footage to see when I messed up, things I could have done. Just trying not to think about these dope ass ankh setups too much. They are awesome, and huge damage, and probably intimidating a bit too - but it sucks for me personally trying to throw up the ankhs against people with good projectiles.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
@OmGxBdON @DarksydeDash @DC4-3 @Pnut

I was talking to pnut last night after some bad MUs and what options we have in neutral to counter a deficiency and wanted to share some stuff

Superman: f2 push on block has to hold f23 breath however f2 mb push (which looks the same basically) allows Dr fate to then nj3 and will blow up superman's f23 counter making him think twice about pressing buttons . This also works against supergirl b12 however against supergirl you can do f2 push in trait and it works also the MB options work too

Another thing is if u have 3 ankhs and are cornered by Superman after breath u can release ankhs and u may get hit but the pillar will blow him up for potential followup combo

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.

I was talking to pnut last night after some bad MUs and what options we have in neutral to counter a deficiency and wanted to share some stuff

Superman: f2 push on block has to hold f23 breath however f2 mb push (which looks the same basically) allows Dr fate to then nj3 and will blow up superman's f23 counter making him think twice about pressing buttons . This also works against supergirl b12 however against supergirl you can do f2 push in trait and it works also the MB options work too

Another thing is if u have 3 ankhs and are cornered by Superman after breath u can release ankhs and u may get hit but the pillar will blow him up for potential followup combo
One other good thing is that push in trait is only -4. Also it seems like scenarios where's it's vs Superman in the corner, you better pray you summoned your 3 ankhs already or you're screwed. I just wish it wasn't impossible to summon trait safely from up close on block.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.

Extremely important thing to do in this match-up is MB Roll so we must always conserve bar.

For example, we can use MB Roll on reaction to punish air lasers by rolling underneath him. Working on a proper optimal punish but the best I have so far is 11, 211xx ankh.