What's new

Doctor Fate General Discussion

It would be nice if in fates general discussion people would talk about the different tools he has and how to use them instead of talking about how he sucks. Take your skill level into account before you leave a comment that just wastes time. For example when people say fate gets zoned out by all the zoners. The only MUs where this is true is supes and darkseid. And fate can contest darkseid IMO. And these MUs have barely been explored. Cuz like me other fate players played the MU said wow this is hard and switched to a different character. Although i do think u should have a pocket character. Mine is brainac in case anybody wonders.
My point is that, with both injustice games, there is a tier of characters who are just plain better than the rest.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
@1man3letters
Thats good to know, I have been punished very little. Even against supes f2. Probably just Month 1 syndrome. Thanks for the information.
no worries, new game, everyone's learning :)
sure soon enough every ba/supes will be f1/f2ing that shit haha, it is a just frame punish but not really seeing as the game has extra buffer window frames coming out off block, even online its grand to do when not in shitty connection. @IrishMantis doesnt let me away with a single nontraited/non ankhs db2 lol

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
How are u guys using Fate's DD3 and EX DD3? In some stages with unblockable interactions it's pretty damn good. 30% boost damage :D

1man3letters

How are u guys using Fate's DD3 and EX DD3? In some stages with unblockable interactions it's pretty damn good. 30% boost damage :D
indeed!! any stage with unblockables its time to abuse the fuck out of dd3, like on the black adam stage its party time vs some chars,
made a video which in forum about dd3 not locking out some stages bounces or ever giving a damage boost from the stage bounce, hopefully both see a fix

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
indeed!! any stage with unblockables its time to abuse the fuck out of dd3, like on the black adam stage its party time vs some chars,
made a video which in forum about dd3 not locking out some stages bounces or ever giving a damage boost from the stage bounce, hopefully both see a fix
Yes, the sharidium lock doesn't increase the damage on background bounces, which is strange..I felt the same way.

Also I believe it's only the mb sharidiums lock that's increases the damage on interactibles.

Also the mb sharidiums lock in trait doesn't seem to do anything, which is disappointing

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
no worries, new game, everyone's learning :)
sure soon enough every ba/supes will be f1/f2ing that shit haha, it is a just frame punish but not really seeing as the game has extra buffer window frames coming out off block, even online its grand to do when not in shitty connection. @IrishMantis doesnt let me away with a single nontraited/non ankhs db2 lol
U have to take into account the range u do the f2 from. Ofcourse if u do the f2 in their face its a punish.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
So, dash cancelling an orb off 211 is legit guys:

This is probably our go-to setup so far, your thoughts my dudes?

@Pig Of The Hut (sorry for tagging you so much, but you wanted practical throw opportunities).
@OmGxBdON
@1man3letters
@AK Harold
@PLAYING TO WIN (Tagging you so this post doesn't get lost in future threads and so you can keep up with future discoveries).

1man3letters

Yes, the sharidium lock doesn't increase the damage on background bounces, which is strange..I felt the same way.

Also I believe it's only the mb sharidiums lock that's increases the damage on interactibles.

Also the mb sharidiums lock in trait doesn't seem to do anything, which is disappointing
no the normal lock does give the boost

So what does fate do up close when pressured? The glyph is predictable and his normals are show.

Hire does he deal with the Batman's cross up?

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Found out something sick while watching Pig's stream.

If you trade with a f2, you can combo off it; I saw Pig land a B2.