What's new

Question Do you really think Raiden is unexplored?

Do you think Raiden is unexplored?

• Yes, I've barely touched the character let alone experimented or have any real matchup experience.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • No.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 37 31.6%

• Total voters

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Idk about raiden but I've certainly seen his elder god potential unleashed when B W1zZ bodied the dookie out of almost everyone in the kh room at dallas

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
im really glad someone started this thread because ive been thinking this for a while.raiden is without question the hardest character to learn at a high level and imo if you teleport more than five times in a match then you do not know what the fuck you are doing.

Here is the simple truth.. this place = a bunch of dumb stupid fucks.

For 3 days I have been using Raiden now for Kenshi. Friday and Saturday I'm getting crushed. This place says "ahahahahahahahaha drop it Tom". Today .. DAY 3.. I decided that what I was missing was OFFENSE. Raiden is still very new to me so I never had any offense, set ups, traps, etc etc.. After spending a few hours thinking about I tried Raiden vs Kenshi again today and it was going even.

The point? Its VERY frustrating learning something from scratch vs the MAIN character(s) of good players. Its even more frustrating when you have idiots like ppl here telling you to give up after only 48 hours.

It takes TIME to learn these characters, not instant results in 24 hours. The reason there are not many Raidens or some other character? YOU GUYS!!! You blow people up and urge them to quit and all play Kabal, Cyrax, Smoke, etc etc... You guys need to SHUT THE FUCK UP and let people learn. Stop discouraging players for developing an idea or character that they feel is the right answer.

My Raiden is FINALLY making sense. I am FINALLY getting offense and setups rather then just block dashing back all day. Had I listened to you fucks, I'd be frustrated today and drop the character again rather then stick him out for this mu.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I tend to think the majority of the cast is "unexplored". Look at the Skarlet community, they are CONSTANTLY finding shit. In the Jade community, we keep adding small percentage after small percentages to her damage. Aren't they still finding shit in Super Street Fighter 2?

AssassiN

Noob
I tend to think the majority of the cast is "unexplored". Look at the Skarlet community, they are CONSTANTLY finding shit. In the Jade community, we keep adding small percentage after small percentages to her damage. Aren't they still finding shit in Super Street Fighter 2?
Actually no, we aren't. Right now we're focusing on learning MU and improving them.
I'd say pretty much everything is discovered, but that doesn't mean that some shit still can't be found. Pretty sure there is some hidden tech still out there with her.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Actually no, we aren't. Right now we're focusing on learning MU and improving them.
I'd say pretty much everything is discovered, but that doesn't mean that some shit still can't be found. Pretty sure there is some hidden tech still out there with her.
Then dont say "pretty much everything is discovered". Im always reading new uses for like B113 and new setups for Skarlet. I'm just saying, my main point being as that, to say certain characters ARE fully explored is a bit radical.

AssassiN

Noob
Then dont say "pretty much everything is discovered". Im always reading new uses for like B113 and new setups for Skarlet. I'm just saying, my main point being as that, to say certain characters ARE fully explored is a bit radical.
I said it wrong, what I meant is that enough is discovered for her to win tournaments and turn a few heads.
Right now the focus is now more on MU instead of tech.

the main theory about the teleporting armor or teleporting out of strings/pokes whatever is already known. however I dont think anyone has the experience with raiden, or the mindset of how raiden should be played. after you get the lifelead with raiden and lets say you have 60 seconds left. it is very hard to keep that lifelead for 60 seconds and especially against a character like reptile who can get a force ball on the screen and occupy a lot of space severly limiting raidens mobility. maybe raiden players should get the life lead and let the opponent come to them instead of just running away. frustrate the opponent and punish them for trying to get the lifelead back without approaching you with a good setup/strategy.

B W1zZ

Noob
The arrogance and ignorance it takes to think otherwise is staggering.

Perhaps that's partly why no Raiden is successful.
Note that I used the keywords "just" and "about", in the context of just about everything is figured out with the character.

Raiden actually takes strong reads and fundamentals to do well with, he doesn't have cookie cutter tactics like other characters.

Raiden like many characters in MK9 does not have much representation. It is not Raiden's fault I think it is the size of our community.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police

It just comes down to frame data. A far as using things strategically, that's up to the player. What I'm saying is we have all of the information in front of us already. Its just a matter of using it to our advantage and choosing when to do what. Whether or not Raiden players have proven they can do it is a separate topic.

4x4lo8o

Noob

I'm sort of amazed at how post after post here is just 'yup, he's all figured out'

I'm curious if other people think that about other characters too, especially top players with regards to their own characters. I seriously doubt that Pig thinks he knows everything there is to know about Kenshi or that Reo takes it as an insult if someone says there are aspects of Kabal he hasn't explored thoroughly yet. I just feel like there's some kind of terrible stagnation that doesn't belong in a competitive mindset involved in saying that we're done with a character and there isn't more to explore.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I'm sort of amazed at how post after post here is just 'yup, he's all figured out'

I'm curious if other people think that about other characters too, especially top players with regards to their own characters. I seriously doubt that Pig thinks he knows everything there is to know about Kenshi or that Reo takes it as an insult if someone says there are aspects of Kabal he hasn't explored thoroughly yet. I just feel like there's some kind of terrible stagnation that doesn't belong in a competitive mindset involved in saying that we're done with a character and there isn't more to explore.

If 10/10 is the maxed level I'd consider my Kitty a 7/10.

And I'm fortunate to have great training partners and a character with a very active community to get inspiration from.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Raiden suffers from the same issue as Sub Zero: all of his dirt was discovered early and was patched out. No one realized how bullshit the current S and S+ tiers are until after NRS stopped patching the game.

So while there may be a few minor things that Tom can discover, I highly doubt that anything game changing is going to come out, especially with the frame data out now.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
The problem with Raiden imo is that he isnt really "dirty"...

Meaning, he isnt loaded up with tons of safe armor or doesnt have Half Life + dirty resets...

So basically with him you just HAVE to outplay your opponent with reads... So hes a solid character per say but he certainly isnt a GameChanger. Its extremely hard to make a Top 8 without any dirt at all. #youneedsomedirt

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Note, when I say explored, I mean that people have been using him and learning shit about him, from his strongest points down to what kicks his ass. It's not like there's NOTHING learned about him.

Is he fully explored? No. No character is. Hell, there's new shit learned about this game at least every week or other week after a bit less than 1 1/2 years of playing one revision of the game.

A lot of the big changes at this point will be due to refinement of play with the characters. Given a few more years, people will be a lot less error-prone than they are. Who knows...maybe Raiden will see a rise simply due to this.