What's new

DLC Characters possibly leaked

The problem is that there is no "insignia" character, just Sindel , im fine with Fujin cause he deserves it, and sheeva looks awesome also a shokan is good, but they are very replaceable, it feels as if it lacks of personality or idk how to call it.
Its not like: Sindel+Mileena, Smoke+Reptile, Kintaro+Rain, Sektor+Cyrax, I dont like these last two, but they are insignia characters, I dont want to blame the actual KP characters because i dont dislike them.. but you cant put Nightwolf, Fujin, Sheeva, Sindel + 4 guest and say that its a solid KP, it is SHIT!

I understand you’re a fan of reptile but he was in the past two games and did absolutely nothing. Why are you asking him to come back?
1- He is a classic
2- "...he was in the past two games and did absolutely nothing..." And you think that Fujin is going to do something great? ITS A DLC CHARACTER.
3- He is more interesting, original and exploitable than all spec forces shit that are actually in the roster.
4- See how interesting is Dvorah kustomization compared to the rest of characters... imagine Reptile.
5- Demanded character, no one cares how many people play him online, i know a fking lot of people that dont give a shit for online and just play local, thats not a good reason to leave him out.
6- lack of ninjas! ninjas characters are a good part in MK history as game.
IDK if you have friends, but when i invite friends to house to play a MK game and they dont know the roster, they ask for Ninjas, Shokans, Cyber ninjas... who the fuck ask for Special forces? Black dragon? please.... The problem here is not Reptile. The problem is No Reptile, No Smoke, No Rain, No Ermac... but we have spot for CAGE AND BRIGGS FAMILY.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
lack of ninjas!
  1. Sub-Zero
  2. Scorpion
  3. Noob Saibot
  4. Kitana
  5. Jade
  6. Skarlet
6 characters out of 25 = 24%.

Almost 1/4th of the roster is ninja-based (ie, palette swaps back in the day).

Don't get me wrong, I've always been a huge fan of Reptile and I'd love to see him as DLC, but to say the roster is lacking in ninjas just isn't true.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
1- He is a classic
2- "...he was in the past two games and did absolutely nothing..." And you think that Fujin is going to do something great? ITS A DLC CHARACTER.
3- He is more interesting, original and exploitable than all spec forces shit that are actually in the roster.
4- See how interesting is Dvorah kustomization compared to the rest of characters... imagine Reptile.
5- Demanded character, no one cares how many people play him online, i know a fking lot of people that dont give a shit for online and just play local, thats not a good reason to leave him out.
IDK if you have friends, but when i invite friends to house to play a MK game and they dont know the roster, they ask for Ninjas, Shokans, Cyber ninjas... who the fuck ask for Special forces? Black dragon? please.... The problem here is not Reptile. The problem is No Reptile, No Smoke, No Rain, No Ermac... but we have spot for CAGE AND BRIGGS FAMILY.
  1. It’s not that deep.
  2. You’ll still play the game.

tbh when i see these godawfull season passes in games like tekken 7, fighterz and mk, it makes me glad that street fighter didn't became too popular amoung casual players. i know sf5 is a shitshow but at least the characters are diverse sf characters and not some idk pokemons.

All I wanted was Shang Tsung and I got that fo sure. Would be fun to see what they will do with Nightwolf though, now that they do animal transformations, I guess it is something else to look forward to beside Shang.

1- He is a classic
He was in the last two games, I’m sorry. It’s time for others to get their chance....The DLC characters should get Lore inserts of what they are doing during the time of the story.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
some strange choices but ...not bad
Agreed.

I'm 100% happy with Sheeva, Nightwolf, Sindel, Fujin, Shang, Joker, and Terminator getting DLC spots. I couldn't care less about Ash and Spawn, but hey, that's just two characters I'm not really interested in. Other people are, though, so good for them :)

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
This is a good set. I couldn’t be happier to see Ash, I’ve been saying he would make a great dlc character for years.

Can’t wait to see the clown get ripped up. Bet he’ll have some nasty fatalities himself (electric buzzer to the face? Crowbar murder a la’ Jason Todd?)

The MK characters are great picks. Yeah yeah no Mileena, but the rest are big time fan favs so it’s all good.

Spawn sucks, but there had to be one dud. I’m fine with Terminator. Mike Myers or Pennywisw would have been more of a draw for my horror fan friends, but oh well.

All in all, great set!

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
You know for a fact that Rain is bigger than Sektor, Cyrax, Smoke, Reptile, Ermac, Kenshi...? Lol.
You know, I swear. I avoid arguing with you because as I already called you out for, you just seem to love the arguments. But again, I'll bite.

We're not going to act like Rain isn't the most vocally wanted. Sure, let's round it back to the trash argument "Well Da CasAUls Who DoNT vOicE tHEmSeLVes" So we don't know what they want as of yet.

What seems to be very clear on the Twitter, Reddit, Discord, GameFaqs is that Rain and Milenna seem to have the most 'vocal' wants. And due to that genuine love and uproar through polls and outcry, yes. I'd say Rain is probably one of the bigger. Don't bother arguing with me on this unless we're actually going to be realistic by looking at these different forms of media and seeing who appears the most.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Why we need guests tho? This game could have sell a lot more DLCs with no guests at all, just look at the amount of Mileena demands and everything Else.
I think you’re really underestimating just how big of a deal guest characters are for people who are only casual MK or fight game fans. I used to write for a site and I’ll tell you articles about guest character announcements did WAY more traffic and generated more comments than almost anything about the games.

We might be super excited by characters like Rain or Reptile, but for a broader audience, Spawn and the fucking Terminator are gonna make a lot more waves.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
All that said, I'm excited to see what Joker and Ash's fatalities are. None of the characters really interest me unless we get Arnold face for Terminator but I'll probably end up picking him up then too. Spawn because he's comic related.

But man, Joker has some potentinal. We're more than likely getting a crowbar one but I'm genuinely hoping it's a brutality more than it is a fatality.

I'm hoping we get a fatality where we finally see him knife a smile into someone's face. I need him to have one comedic one and one reallllly brutal one that's hella menacing.

As for Ash Williams, I'm thinking we're going to get pure comedy from him. An Evil Dead 2 reference where he knocks over the other fighter or saws their legs off, and puts the boomstick into their mouths with that good ol "Swallow this" line or something of that sort would be doooope.