What's new

DLC Characters possibly leaked

All that said, I'm excited to see what Joker and Ash's fatalities are. None of the characters really interest me unless we get Arnold face for Terminator but I'll probably end up picking him up then too. Spawn because he's comic related.

But man, Joker has some potentinal. We're more than likely getting a crowbar one but I'm genuinely hoping it's a brutality more than it is a fatality.

I'm hoping we get a fatality where we finally see him knife a smile into someone's face. I need him to have one comedic one and one reallllly brutal one that's hella menacing.

As for Ash Williams, I'm thinking we're going to get pure comedy from him. An Evil Dead 2 reference where he knocks over the other fighter or saws their legs off, and puts the boomstick into their mouths with that good ol "Swallow this" line or something of that sort would be doooope.
We aren't getting Arnold face. I would eat a shoe if a former political figure and current Hollywood royalty signed their likeness up for an eternity of mutilation by millions of players all over the world.

The question is whether we get Bruce Campbell voice or not. If we don't, holy moly what a dumb decision to incorporate Ash at all. However, he did the Dead by Daylight thing, so one can be hopeful. But they would also need to let his personality shine through, and that includes being a shameless horndog around all the female characters.

Peter Quill

You’re No Fun
Sheeva and Ash? Sindel? Really? Really?

Fujin I think is a no brainer, take or leave Nightwolf and Terminator I guess.

But all in all this is THE MOST disappointing DLC lineup EVER if true.

One name there is hype.

One.

honestly i cant understand why people is so thrilled about ash, he is annoying and i cant take him seriously... we could use other horror movie classics, he is just an annoying white guy.... but still... hope nrs made him creatively...

sindel is the savior for me

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I'm remaining skeptical. What I need is others on here to cross check the PS4 version against the Switch version.

I don't wanna go off Switch alone and be dissapointed because it was placeholder or those making the switch port put random shit in for shits and giggles.

Depressed Cyrax and Sektor aren't in it but happy for Sindel and Terminator. I'm also skeptical of Joker being in an MK game not like MKvsDC.
I remember an interview where boon said DC characters won't be in MK11.

BUT if others can Datamine PS4/XB1 or PC and cross check it I'd be mad appreciative since I'm on my phone and XB1 and have no way to Datamine it.

I feel it's sloppy to only look at Switch and say 100% legit

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
NRS would say Fuck you right back to you then as they are wildly the most popular DLC characters. Guest characters are what the public demands, its what they want, and there is no arguing it.

Like you can not like it, but understand you are in a small minority.
I mean obviously, but it's just highly annoying that 4 slots get filled with guests rather than badass MK characters in an MK game all because bobby down the street will buy them and play them for a week before moving on to fortnight 3.0. smh

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
I mean obviously, but it's just highly annoying that 4 slots get filled with guests rather than badass MK characters in an MK game all because bobby down the street will buy them and play them for a week before moving on to fortnight 3.0. smh
Yeah, but you gotta remember, there's a lot... and I mean A LOT of Bobbies buying the game for that week. lol

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
StoryName? As in ... Story DLC?

Hmmmm ….
Who has two thumbs, is named Box, and fucking called it? This guy.

Let this be true so I can stare in I TOLD YOU SO at everyone who said they'd never add Story chapters as DLC.

And guest characters in NRS will always be a huge thing. Freddy wasn't even the right Freddy and he sold like hotcakes in MK9. And all the guests in MKX (and Injustice 2) were combatively and aesthetically solid. Idk why anyone is surprised. Its not just a "video games will do whatever x y and z to make money," it's literally become a staple of the franchise and is their biggest and most dependable way to pull in new players and pull back old ones, myself included. I would've nneevveerr played MKXL as long as I did if it weren't for Leatherface.
#BerserkerStanceBois

Last edited:

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
Not a big fan of guest characters, but understand why they're in the game.
However, ever when it comes to guests, that's a pretty shitty selection of characters. Worse than MKX by far.
The MK selection of characters is pretty lit though.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
This is awesome... Terminator??? Iconic, man seriously iconic character. Makes sense too because they were able to get Predator which obviously is an Arnold classic as well. Fujin has such a huge cult following I think they finally listened to the fans. Sheeva is definitely not one of my favorites although she was dangerous in the right hands playing UMK3. coughCrazyDcough Ash from Evil Dead is pretty interesting, probably will have a lot of traps and random weapons I'm guessing? Shang was known for a while and Sindel would probably have been guessed already, but I'm a little surprised with Nightwolf. Whether you know or not, Spawn hit mainstream fighting games with Soul Caliber 2 back in the day... so that's a great addition that really meshes with the MK universe. The Joker is a given with Injustice and everything, should be a perfect fit.

It's just crazy to take a step back and see how much gaming has evolved. You almost have no idea what to expect with a list like this. Hopefully it's legit and wouldn't that be exciting to see a few surprise characters later on that we don't know about?