What's new

DLC Characters possibly leaked

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
This would make the roster no better than MKX's to someone who only cares about a couple of very specific characters. Which is an unreasonable premise to start with. NRS is not out to cater to your particular tastebuds.

If these leaks are true and complete, MK11 will have 15 different MK characters from MKX (not counting guests). If you can't find any characters to like among those 15, you can't blame NRS.
I'm talking about guests. The base roster is decent enough.

Hostile_18

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
why would them fanfeed the guests but not the MK characters tho

to me a fan wishlisty thing would be full of Reptiles, Ermacs, Mileenas etc
Can you imagine the uproar if Mileena and Reptile etc were in the code but not really in game when the dlc is revealed.

The guest names just seem like what everyone else predicts so the suprise will be real come the announcement ;)

Reactions: Zev

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
Can you imagine the uproar if Mileena and Reptile etc were in the code but not really in game when the dlc is revealed.

The guest names just seem like what everyone else predicts so the suprise will be real come the announcement ;)
I don't know... given it's not NRS who's porting the game to Switch, I can see they slipping up information like that.

Let's wait for a trailer, if any of these characters are confirmed, chances are the list is very real.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
I hope this shit isnt true the MK selections are ok I guess but my issue is these guest characters so sick of em.Plus theres no such thing as not buying em cause if you play the game competitively you have to, just for the sake of learning the MU's. This sucks

Hostile_18

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
I don't know... given it's not NRS who's porting the game to Switch, I can see they slipping up information like that.

Let's wait for a trailer, if any of these characters are confirmed, chances are the list is very real.
Yep I agree 100%.

I was hoping the reveal would be on the last kombat kast but from the lingering questions video it dosnt seem like they have a date in mind at the moment.

What if DLC characters sell so much better than MK characters, that if guest characters didn't exist, it wouldn't be profitable enough to make DLC MK characters at all in the first place?
These games sell literal millions of copies every two years, with MKX being the most successful title in NRS history. So don't even try to pull the "they need more funds" thing, they have more than enough resources to create the DLC charas

Alec

Noob
If the leak is true, I'm OK with it, not a lot of characters I can see myself playing, but overall, characters I appreciate from the MK universe. The guests are hit and miss, but I like Ash, cool personality for MK.
Sindel is nice and I'd be pretty happy for @ImperatrixSindel too, so that's cool.

projectzero00

nomnomnom
FUJIN, NIGHTWOLF & SINDEL. FUCK YES!!!! My entire top 10 aside from Ermac & Mileena have made it into this game, I could cry. I'm actually excited for Joker & Spawn... Ash & Terminator are... choices.

But Sheeva wtf. What a boring ass character NO ONE asked for. She doesn't have a fanbase... I thought these were supposed to be fan favorites? Smoke, Cyrax, Sektor, Ermac, Reptile Mileena, Takeda, Chameleon, Rain... all of them have a massive fanbase.
I find it funny how people here present their opinions as facts. "NO ONE asked for Sheeva" well you're wrong I did so kiss my ass :*

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
These games sell literal millions of copies every two years, with MKX being the most successful title in NRS history. So don't even try to pull the "they need more funds" thing, they have more than enough resources to create the DLC charas
You haven't thought this through very well.

Ask yourself this: why didn't NRS make more DLC for MKX? Why aren't they still making DLC for MKX to this day?

Is it because it wouldn't make any more money? No, that's silly. Of course it would make more money. The question is, would it make MORE money COMPARED TO other things those developers could be doing with their time? The answer was NO, so they were moved to work on Injustice 2 instead.

It's not enough for MK characters to sell. They have to sell so well that NRS thinks it's better to spend time making MK DLC than it is doing other things they could be doing instead. And so we're back to: for all we know, without guest characters boosting DLC sales, there's no telling how much MK DLC we would get, if any.

All these wasted slot posters really like paying to play the same old characters huh? I get calling someone in the base roster a wasted slot but dlc is supposed to be something new and fun. Plus they are going to go with what makes them money, and popular guest characters do that very well.
Look how many new ones were added in mkx and mk11....and look the amount of slots wasted to add chars that are not even suitable in mk universe.
This is not a rant against new stuff. This game is new with new history, new chars, stages and mechanics....but I'm really trying to understand the fucking logic in replacing beloved and important chars to.....joker? Leatherface? Man wtf....reptile is not in the game and thia guys are adding guests that nobody gives a glimpse of fuck.

In mk9 was different. The roster was already incredible and the guests were plus, but now they are replacing people from mk umiverse to include horror movie villains and dc chars....wtf.

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
I liked your post cuz you named my characters.
I'm not against them! I'd love me some Reptile in MK11 design. I just think that if the list were fake it'd be full of super fan favorites that everybody loves, not someone like Sheeva that despite being popular she doesn't have the same level of popularity of those I mentioned.

KCJ506

Noob
Face the facts: You will never not have guest characters in these games.
Yeah, I'm no huge advocate for guests, but it's pretty much inevitable now for NRS games to have them. And considering the last two NRS games had four, I don't understand why some people are shocked that MK11 apparently will as well. In fact, I'd be surprised if there were less than three.

Another thing I'd like to mention is that I wasn't expecting any MKX character that wasn't already in the base roster to be DLC. None of the missing MK9 characters were DLC in MKX(not counting Triborg). Same for the missing Injustice characters in the sequel.