What's new

DLC Characters possibly leaked

I’m very excited for this if Shang is anything to go by. I’m guessing joker will get a completely new moves list. Mark Hamill please ? That being said, I’m glad the switch wasn’t around during injustice to, it was so much more exciting having no idea that the Turtles were coming.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Fuck guest characters in NRS games. Literally wasting slots when they could be including more classic MK characters, for example
You're making a lot of unfounded assumptions.

What if DLC characters sell so much better than MK characters, that if guest characters didn't exist, it wouldn't be profitable enough to make DLC MK characters at all in the first place?

Maybe you should be thanking your lucky stars guest characters exist.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
The only thing that really has me wondering is that there's neither Sektor nor Cyrax. Sektor was already kinda teased by Boon, and they previously said they wouldn't put NPCs with a full moveset into the games anymore.
If this is true, it would be a surprising decision on their part.

Edit: Put in spoiler tags.

Last edited:

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
Every leak people say "naw this is a fakeout" and it never, ever is. So what makes this time special.
One COULD theorize that after two major leaks, NRS will do their utmost to prevent more. They saw what happened with the Steam achievements, so maybe, just maybe, they could have analyzed that, looked at any other places things like this might happen, identified the Switch version as a weak point, and came up with the idea to put in codenames to troll the dataminers and leakers a bit. I wouldn't totally put it past Boon to do sth like that.

But you're most likely right. There have been theories like this in the past, and they usually aren't true.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
One COULD theorize that after two major leaks, NRS will do their utmost to prevent more. They saw what happened with the Steam achievements, so maybe, just maybe, they could have analyzed that, looked at any other places things like this might happen, identified the Switch version as a weak point, and came up with the idea to put in codenames to troll the dataminers and leakers a bit. I wouldn't totally put it past Boon to do sth like that.

But you're most likely right. There have been theories like this in the past, and they usually aren't true.
well, you know NRS, so, at this point, this .... :p :

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Bro...

This is weird because he gets a lot of things wrong. Is this just the luckiest guesser ever?
Hey, I edited your attachment because it had a story spoiler and some people are upset about it because they didn't expect to see it in this thread. Feel free to repost the leaked DLC list without the story spoiler though.

Reactions: Zev

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
Welp... looks like we're not getting Smoke till at least KP3.... At these MK characters are great additions for now.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
How disappointing.

This would make the roster no better than MKX's.
This would make the roster no better than MKX's to someone who only cares about a couple of very specific characters. Which is an unreasonable premise to start with. NRS is not out to cater to your particular tastebuds.

If these leaks are true and complete, MK11 will have 15 different MK characters from MKX (not counting guests). If you can't find any characters to like among those 15, you can't blame NRS.

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Noone? Come on... But... But... Derek said that they listen to fans!!! And they even read TYM!! Someone had to ask for him. I dont know, maybe Ed Boon's little cousin?
ops .... lesson taken ! better never count on that again .... prepare yourself on MK12, when during the "promotion phase" we will have a lot of "we will do this, do that etc" .... and never take place at all, hehehe :p:D

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
of course is Joker from Persona! (I'd live tbh but it wouldn't fit the MK vibe they gave for MK11)

Noone? Come on... But... But... Derek said that they listen to fans!!! And they even read TYM!! Someone had to ask for him. I dont know, maybe Ed Boon's little cousin?
"they listen to fans" they said Jaquie is fan favorite character sooo....nope.
at least we have noob, sindel, skarlet etc. and im sooo happy for noob and skarlet!!! :D
But Mileena is Dead and Reptile etc. I mean nobody is really dead in the mortal kombat universe and now we have kronika and timetravel too.
Yea I know Kitana has Mileena moves so shut the f up for me, but Cassie, Johnny and Jade having 1 same move (shadow kick) is okay :/