What's new

Deciphering Boon's tweets: Injustice 2 to come before MK10?; Next MK not till 2017?

Don't allow yourselves to be trolled!!! MK is coming next!!! Mr. Boon just loves keeping everyone on pins and needles ... Also seems like INJUSTICE will be getting some love too!!!

SonicFox5000

The Best.
ED just Tweeted: zyxwvUTSRqpONMLKJIhgfEdCBA

IDK WTF this is supposed to mean!
LOOK AT THE LETTERS CAPTILAIZED. It has the letters "Injustice." lets recap:
Square root of 871 was 27 which was posted on May 6th i think. +27 for may 6th means JUNE 2Nd or 6/2
The alphabet backwards has 26 letters but in reverse looks like "62" which = 6/2.
Something is going doen June 2nd.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I'm almost 100% that it will be mk vs dc 2, and it doesn't take a genius to figure it out. First why no darkseid? Would it not be perfect to include him as final boss for inj 2 or mk vs dc 2? Why put scorpion in the game with dc characters? To test mk characters on back to block. They experiment allot with inj mechanics and I think mkvsdc will be a best of both worlds, 2d fighter with traits good walk speed, back dashes and back to block with a lot of shenanigans and kubawl.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
The capitalized letters contain both "INJUSTICE" and "MORTAL KOMBAT". Either he's fucking with us or it's MK v. DC II.
Very good find, I'm almost positive this will be mkvsdc 2 tag mode balanced, huge roster, next gen, traits, etc can't wait.

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
The capitalized letters contain both "INJUSTICE" and "MORTAL KOMBAT". Either he's fucking with us or it's MK v. DC II.
The only thing worth merit in this thread so far.
Be prepared to commence massive butthurt if we get another 3D game.
Please, for the love of everything, no 3D game. MK10, Injustice 2 or MKvsDC2 please...

2D. And give us 2D hitboxes please.

And if its MK vs DC 2, please find another title, let's disassociate from our previous perils...

Please?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Why the fuck did I just do this?

inB4 "numbers aren't in it" BUT THE WORD TEN IS

2 game announcements confirmed?! :DOGE

Edit: Ok I now realise this looks confusing, I took the letters he capitalized and got this by using them in sentences....

Last edited:
Well, it can't be as bad as the first MKvsDC lol. If it's a good tag game with a decent netcode I might actually like it.

Not sure how successful it will be in the tournament scene though.

I just hope they merge features from both games too. For example I would love to see MK characters with Traits and Injustice characters with X-rays. And stage finishers since I doubt they will make gore fatals. Still unsure if I want to see interactables for this game. If it's a tag game I feel like interactables would make it a mess.

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
And another thing, why are people acting like a MKvDC2 would be anything like MKvDC1? MvD1 was the last gasp of a dying star publishing house and it still came out pretty fucking solid.

With the resources at NRS' disposal now, the difference between the two would be as night and day as MKA and MK9.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Wait. Hasn't he been "counting down" or something for days? Was "28" yesterday? If so 2017....take out "01" leaves 27. 28-01 (28-1) is 27. Or if yesterday was 27 then 27-01 is 26 Maybe I'm wrong or reading too much into it. *shrugs* dunno what's goin on. Though going in order I'd say MK10 would be out before injustice 2.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
If that was true, my question would be... if you can make Injustice 2 for next gen... is it not a TRUE next gen game? If it is... then so would mk. Therefore, MK first please.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
No he wouldn't.

We'd all be upset but we'd wait and EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THIS THREAD would still buy MK10. Boon has us by the balls and he knows it.

Because of replies like this he knows, but if we bitch, which history here on tym stands as fact.. If you << "tym" cry and complain enough, he'll bend and throw you all a bone.. How about stop crying for nerfs and buffs, and start whining about good news about future plans ;)

Also, I don't know about you, but if I don't have a mk or some new nrs game to keep me tied to the community, then myself and a lot of others would leave.. Then upon mk's return, do you know how different it would be trying to get back into the swing of things? Going from day to day " whatever it is you do irl" to coming back to this site and playing competitively, even on a casual level, because even then, people put a lot of time into that as well.. Idk, maybe i would buy it, but nrs dedicated sites would definitely suffer from it. It's happened before with a lot of other sites, including this one.

2017..... come on bro

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Because of replies like this he knows, but if we bitch, which history here on tym stands as fact.. If you << "tym" cry and complain enough, he'll bend and throw you all a bone.. How about stop crying for nerfs and buffs, and start whining about good news about future plans ;)

Also, I don't know about you, but if I don't have a mk or some new nrs game to keep me tied to the community, then myself and a lot of others would leave.. Then upon mk's return, do you know how different it would be trying to get back into the swing of things? Going from day to day " whatever it is you do irl" to coming back to this site and playing competitively, even on a casual level, because even then, people put a lot of time into that as well.. Idk, maybe i would buy it, but nrs dedicated sites would definitely suffer from it. It's happened before with a lot of other sites, including this one.

2017..... come on bro
It's definitely coming out well before 2017, I don't doubt that. I'm just saying....if a new MK game came out 3 years from now, it's not like we won't be buying it. I've been a fan of the series since playing MK1 in the arcades as a kid, so I'm not going anywhere, and I'm sure many agree.

Having said that, I'm hoping Mk10 comes out this year. :DOGE

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
It's definitely coming out well before 2017, I don't doubt that. I'm just saying....if a new MK game came out 3 years from now, it's not like we won't be buying it. I've been a fan of the series since playing MK1 in the arcades as a kid, so I'm not going anywhere, and I'm sure many agree.

Having said that, I'm hoping Mk10 comes out this year. :DOGE
Well, let's hope that boon just likes to be annoying, and mk10 is right around the corner :)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
All fighters have multiple patches now, updates, quick fixes etc that doesn't justify waiting til 2017(I'm sure boon is trolling) . To Whoever said that, really bad argument not for nothing. MK 9 and Injustice both had patches, as did MVC3, SF 4 etc were they all not all successful? Why do you think the 3D MK's died fast and sucked compared to MK 9? Hell, even MKDC to a point...to prove my point, name me one game now that doesn't have updates, patches etc? lol Exactly...

As for the article...Wait....I love DC but Injustice 2 before MK 10??!?!?!?!?!

My reaction to this news.

Last edited:

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Because the development of a next MK game was pretty much leaked and already confirmed.

And Boon keeps saying "Injustice Too". As in, a new MK but with Injustice too. So they will likely merge the two games while they are working on a next gen MK and IGAU. Because I doubt both will come out at the same time.
Sub Zero would be so broken in this game. Tom Brady be like