What's new

Deciphering Boon's tweets: Injustice 2 to come before MK10?; Next MK not till 2017?

Sami

Noob
Have you checked VGchartz? I'm not saying that IS the source, but it might give the numbers. I can't check while at work 'cause the site is blocked for being an "informational/gaming" website. -_-
Yeah matches what's on there. Sadly VGChartz is mostly extrapolated figures. However, if we are using VGChartz then the "first year" figures (April-December as there's no further breakdown - can't count year 2 for Injustice as under VGChartz it would be all of 2014) had MK9 at 2.6m and Injustice was at 1.91m. Yes MK9 may have sold more than twice the numbers of Injustice, but it's also been on sale for a LOT longer. Regardless, those are still very strong figures for Injustice seeing as it was the first game in a new series where-as MK has decades of momentun behind it.

But any way, I'll generally trust official figures over VGChartz, but sadly it seems WB don't pubish them.

E

Eldriken

Yeah matches what's on there. Sadly VGChartz is mostly extrapolated figures. However, if we are using VGChartz then the "first year" figures (April-December as there's no further breakdown - can't count year 2 for Injustice as under VGChartz it would be all of 2014) had MK9 at 2.6m and Injustice was at 1.91m. Yes MK9 may have sold more than twice the numbers of Injustice, but it's also been on sale for a LOT longer. Regardless, those are still very strong figures for Injustice seeing as it was the first game in a new series where-as MK has decades of momentun behind it.

But any way, I'll generally trust official figures over VGChartz, but sadly it seems WB don't pubish them.
I kinda wish they would publish them. It would be nice to see exact numbers.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Where did you get those figures from? The last "official" figures I can find for MK9 are from Ed Boon's twitter (always a bastion of reliability) where he stated that MK9's sales figures were closer to 4 million than the "over 3 million" quoted in an article. This would put MK9's sales figures at 3.5m+. I haven't been able to find any solid data on Injustice sales outside of the first month in the US (424k copies) and nothing on worldwide sales.
Got it from...

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70434/mortal-kombat/
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70436/mortal-kombat/
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70435/mortal-kombat/

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
MK DA: 2002
MK Deception: 2004
MK Armageddon: 2006
MK vs DC: 2008
MK 2011: ....well, 2011 !!
So logically speaking, I think 6 years waiting for the next MK installment is more than likely to happen.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
After all these year you still believe what Ed"Troll"Boon says out of his mouth to be true.......what's next pigs flying?
Well I am pretty certain Pig of the Hut has flown in planes before so Ed Boon could be validated on that alone

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
how did injustice do vs mk9 as far as sales? everyone has to realize, it's about the money before anything. if injustice is marketable to a bigger audience, then that would be the best route to go.
Mortal Kombat 9 sales to date = 4.29 million copies sold (global)

Injustice sales to date = 1.92 million copies sold (global)

Both games have completely outsold their competition by a landslide from the point MK9 came out in 2011 (its not even close). Boon does 2 things GREAT, 1) Groom his eyebrows and 2) SELL GAMES

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Am I the only one who wants Injustice 2 over MK10? Either that or MK vs DC 2 using the Injustice engine and mechanics. MK would be fine if they did away with the block button permanently.

Actually MK vs DC 2 with a standard 2v2 system, updated interactables, a big roster, and new supers would be awesome.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I honestly think that NRS would be shooting themselves in the foot if they didn't release MK10 till 2017.
It's backwards. MK10 announcement soon and Injustice 2 will come out in 2017.

Boon KNOWS how badly we want MK... he's just messing with us. HE BETTER BE OR I'LL SCREAM.

Last edited:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Am I the only one who wants Injustice 2 over MK10? Either that or MK vs DC 2 using the Injustice engine and mechanics. MK would be fine if they did away with the block button permanently.

Actually MK vs DC 2 with a standard 2v2 system, updated interactables, a big roster, and new supers would be awesome.

Doesn't surprise me that someone who came here for injustice doesn't want MK10 first.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Destiny from Bungie has been in develop for a VEEERRRY long time, like 10 years or something crazy like that. lol it is 2 different studios tho so one can only hope.

I believe it'll be something like this

MK9 before Injustice 2 before MK vs DC 2
Well of course mk9 first silly :DOGE

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
^ You and everyone else who thinks the same are missing the point of threads like these. These threads are essential for riling up the community. Of course Boon is trolling us, but should we all just ignore it? The idea is to get the blood pumping again.

add his latest tweet to the OP https://twitter.com/noobde/status/464056400444784641

To decrypt the message its obviously the Alphabet backwards and thats 26 letters but backwards so 62 which means MK10 will be released on 6/2 lol

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
It would make more sense for Injustice 2 to coincide with whenever the Justice League movie comes out.

By Injustice Too, I think he means that Injustice 1 isn't finished yet
They already came out with Ultimate edition, so not likely.