What's new

Deciphering Boon's tweets: Injustice 2 to come before MK10?; Next MK not till 2017?

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Wow Mr. Boon has been chatty lately. That's a sure sign a big announcement is imminent. Of course, I would rather it be a proper sequel to MK9. Injustice is not a bad game, but MK is much better.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
^ You and everyone else who thinks the same are missing the point of threads like these. These threads are essential for riling up the community. Of course Boon is trolling us, but should we all just ignore it? The idea is to get the blood pumping again.
My blood is boiling for such hype, hoping the MK announcement is real. :)

All of his recent tweets regarding MK/IGAU give me the impression like they are planning to patch MK9 and Injustice too. No new game soon. That's how I take it, maybe it's just because I want it too much but fuck there is reason to it.

Also I took the word "true" for the next-gen MK game for 2017, as he means that the upgraded MK9 will be released to next-gen systems but it won't be a true next-gen game.

His trolling is not random.

All of his recent tweets regarding MK/IGAU give me the impression like they are planning to patch MK9 and Injustice too. No new game soon. That's how I take it, maybe it's just because I want it too much but fuck there is reason to it.

Also I took the word "true" for the next-gen MK game for 2017, as he means that the upgraded MK9 will be released to next-gen systems but it won't be a true next-gen game.

His trolling is not random.
if ed boon patch mk9, i will totally

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
^ You and everyone else who thinks the same are missing the point of threads like these. These threads are essential for riling up the community. Of course Boon is trolling us, but should we all just ignore it? The idea is to get the blood pumping again.
actually youre missing the point of y post, im not against hyping up the announcement or speculation but the thread just gave out bad info, MK10 is coming before 2017

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
actually youre missing the point of y post, im not against hyping up the announcement or speculation but the thread just gave out bad info, MK10 is coming before 2017
The thread is giving out the same info Boon tweeted. That is why there are question marks. He always does this, however, if you're referring to the original thread title of this thread, then I agree. That is why I edited it. :)

trufenix

bye felicia
I wish we could start looking at these two games as seperate franchises and stop comparing them. I don't see why a studio this big can't work on both games at once. It doesn't have to be one or the other.
I find it more amusing that some people think their current product is bad but have absolute faith that their next product is going to be good based solely on the evidence of a product released years before.

King Roosta

The Duke of the Donk
It looks like with Ed Boons recent tweets today that an Injustice sequel is more than confirmed? You be the judge while taking in to consideration Boon's recent tweets (embedded below). MK10 on the other hand not until 2017, "Wouldn't you rather wait for 2017 for a true next-gen MK game? What wrong with you people!?!?" or another clever Ed Boon troll? All we know at this point is that Boon is stirring us up and for a good reason. This points more towards the likelihood of an announcement coming later this month or early June. Plus... remember, E3 is right around the corner!

and..

Here's a link to Ed boons twitter where you can see all his tweets regarding Injustice 2 and MK10

https://twitter.com/noobde

If this does happen to be true let's just hope this means that we will be getting the best MK10 NRS can create. With no distractions.

What do you think?

edited/promoted by STORMS*
2017? Excuse me...

...That's better.