What's new

Deciphering Boon's tweets: Injustice 2 to come before MK10?; Next MK not till 2017?

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
inb4 dumb thread that gets front paged.

You've always been a douche Cossner.
Yes, Storms is an expert in frontpaging and defrontpaging dumb threads.
You've always been a douche Salivial, except you're also free!

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I'm almost leaning towards MK vs DC 2. It'd be MK with Injustice too, ya know? Then we'd get MK10 in 2017? I don't fucking know, they may actually just announce that Injustice Super Deluxe Arcade Edition Ultimate from April Fools Day for all we know

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Good try!
Remember all those challenges you pussied out of? Remember when I found you on Raptr noob hunting and trolling scrubs? Remember when you used to make and ass out of yourself on stream chats? Pepperidge farm remembers.

Anyway, this isn't the place for this kind of argument lol

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm almost leaning towards MK vs DC 2. It'd be MK with Injustice too, ya know? Then we'd get MK10 in 2017? I don't fucking know, they may actually just announce that Injustice Super Deluxe Arcade Edition Ultimate from April Fools Day for all we know
Hmm interesting theory or what if MK vs.DCU 2 next game let's say, then Injustice 2 then MK 10? in that order? or MK DCU 2, then MK 10...then Injustice 2?

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Hmm interesting theory or what if MK vs.DCU 2 next game let's say, then Injustice 2 then MK 10? in that order? or MK DCU 2, then MK 10...then Injustice 2?
Or, Injustice Too (A Bizzaro themed Injustice game, hence the bad grammer)?

Jokes aside, I'm feeling MK vs DC 2 is a very strong possibility, I think they did well enough with Injustice to not want to let it fall into obscurity. Remember that MK is a HUGE name, no one's forgetting it. Injustice? New IP that is growing strong (comics and whatever else included). WB also has a lot of power in what happens, right?

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
My theory to this is that since MK9 was a reboot and had years since the last MK release, so it should have been spectacular in it's own right, right? IMO it was and I still play it regularly to this day. Yes, it had its flaws, and the lot of the community complained about this and that, but mist of all about, Kuh-Bawl and Cyrax. Meter drain and input error don't help it's case either, but point being is maybe he's trying to say I'll give it a few years so you don't complain about it. The, "They didn't put enough time into it" is usually the first thought about a predecessor to a game." Maybe they have other plans and want to set it on the backburner so it can be epic.

There's also the thought of them doing a marvel game and that could technically be a type of "Injustice" game, MK10 drops then say have an injustice game where it's Marvel vs DC? That's slim to none and slim just left so...

That's all I got, but I would honestly like to see another MK by 2015 and Injustice 2 by 2017. Or just say fuck it and make another Sub Zero: Mythologies

Edit: Lastly Money talks, so as said in other posters comments, IGAU did very well so why not bank on IGAU2 and then release a better MK because they have the financial fortitude to do so.

Last edited:

SkaGoogle

Tailgates & Tan-lines !
IGAU2 Wishlist: Keep the same engine as IGAU1 and new stages keeping only 2 or 3 stages from the first IGAU1. add better netcode for online.

Characters:
why doesn't nrs make a game with more than 30 characters. this is the fucking dc universe! there are endless possibilities for characters and character design without it getting repetitive which is what most of the fighters in street fighter feel like. So many different characters could have been added to this game why stop at 27. beast boy, starfire, mongul, spectre, darkseid, captain cold, red hood, swamp thing, dr. fate, Booster gold, BRANIAC, metallo, superboyprime(maybe), the cheetah, circe(instead of ares), poison ivy, bizzaro, grod, parasite, black lightning, static shock, captain atom, red tornado, black canary, star sapphire, black manta, blue beetle, atrocitus, joker (nvm forgot about him), plastic man, huntress, catman(yes he exist), etrigan, mr. mxyzptlk, deadman, and jade. They could really get creative with this universe and make trait for certain characters very unique. like wtf is jokers trait? im dead ass serious what is it?

Costumes:
Give superman a ultraman costume and a earth one costume. Give batman a earth one and sinestro corps and a arkham orgins costume. Give hawkgirl her JLU costume. Killer Frost her full ice crystal costume, Give shazam a captain marvel costume. Give Wonderwoman a donna troy costume and earth one. give ares nothing and kick him the fuck out the game. give martian a flashpoint costume with sleeves and a blackest night costume. give sinestro a green lantern costume and a blackest night costume. give green lantern a blackest night costume and a white lantern costume and a kyle raner costume and a guy gardner one. Give lobo a new 52 costume, give nightwing a robin costume, give cyborg a actual teen titans costume(not the original), give awkwaman a actual new 52 costume, give raven a costume with a female face, give zod a costume with a cape like supermans, give scorpion, batgirl, and zatanna nothing and kick their ass out the game.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
IGAU2 Wishlist: Keep the same engine as IGAU1 and new stages keeping only 2 or 3 stages from the first IGAU1. add better netcode for online.

Characters:
why doesn't nrs make a game with more than 30 characters. this is the fucking dc universe! there are endless possibilities for characters and character design without it getting repetitive which is what most of the fighters in street fighter feel like. So many different characters could have been added to this game why stop at 27. beast boy, starfire, mongul, spectre, darkseid, captain cold, red hood, swamp thing, dr. fate, Booster gold, BRANIAC, metallo, superboyprime(maybe), the cheetah, circe(instead of ares), poison ivy, bizzaro, grod, parasite, black lightning, static shock, captain atom, red tornado, black canary, star sapphire, black manta, blue beetle, atrocitus, joker (nvm forgot about him), plastic man, huntress, catman(yes he exist), etrigan, mr. mxyzptlk, deadman, and jade. They could really get creative with this universe and make trait for certain characters very unique. like wtf is jokers trait? im dead ass serious what is it?
Jade as in Chesire? I'm down for that.

One thing I don't understand is why they didn't just do more character skins. Robin, Wondergirl/Donny Troy, Arsenal, Kid Flash, could have all been great skins without taking a character slot. But, maybe they have some rules about using "kids" in a violent game...

I'm not an expert but MKvsDC 2 sounds like the worse investment idea for NRS. No offense to those believing it but WAKE UP there is no way they are gonna release this lol.

And why Boon keep teasing Powergirl if it would be a whole new game? She's probably gonna be new DLC. Injustice is still very new. MK will have much more sales right now.

D7MHellcat

Frozen Earth
My account is in June, because I never knew this site existed, I saw the live MK9 evo 2012, and every tournament in that year
I'm in the same boat. I lurked for Sub Zero tech on this site for a while, but before that I used to browse those crappy Midway forums ;_;. I made this account shortly after Injustice came out because it seemed like everyone was posting here for a while, and I don't like Injustice nearly as much as my beloved MK. It was the first fighting game I ever played, as kid back in the 90's.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Or, Injustice Too (A Bizzaro themed Injustice game, hence the bad grammer)?

Jokes aside, I'm feeling MK vs DC 2 is a very strong possibility, I think they did well enough with Injustice to not want to let it fall into obscurity. Remember that MK is a HUGE name, no one's forgetting it. Injustice? New IP that is growing strong (comics and whatever else included). WB also has a lot of power in what happens, right?
Yeah lol, I just hope IF say MK vs. DC 2 is going to happen let it be 2D this time, I think it's safe to say 2D>>>3D :)

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I'm pretty sure we play on different consoles and I personally DO NOT remember any challenge from you.
Which
you should be happy about because you would have been embarrassed.

ratpr noob hunting and trolling scrubs? Wow you're really reaching with that one.
All I did was post a status saying I was better than you at MK9.
If you call that "Noob hunting" then so be it, but for the record if that is the case you're retarded.

Yes I remember making a fool of myself on streams. Haha!
Remember when I borrowed an xbox for a month and then I asked you to play on stream and you preemptively shot excuses like "anyone can win with reptile online" and then you ended up pussing out?
Yup, you noob hunt a lot don't you?

Anyway I have mk on xbox now, what's your excuse now?

Plop

Noob
I won't lie to you, truth be told, at the end of the day, if I'm honest...
I'll be fuckin livid

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
He is trolling for sure! MK2 is in developpment from 1 year ago and we already seen some hints, now just let's wait for 2nd june for an MK annoncement for E3, and during E3 for a demo version. MK is better than Injustice. I had its on 360,PS3 and Vita, + all DLC and arcade stick. Now i got only PS4, drop it in the store and i will buy it one more time. MK is THE BEST

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
@TheSpore & @oNe87_Kentucky

You guys are silly lol

And to be prefectly honest I think some of you guys are over analyzing things.......
Well I try at least :), but its the only way we could honestly say pigs could fly!!!

I agree Ed Boon is no master at cryptography, though Square Root of 841 was clever, but anyway he's definitely no analyst. Even though that is my former military job I am holding back my analytics simply since it would come way over analyzed!!!

If in any case I will at least do this, an MK vs DC2 is unlikely since it will involve a huge risk considering how bad it did back in the day, IGAU is barely over a year old and to release a new one this early will make fans feel NRS is the new Capcom of FGs, which would make many feel highly cheated and lose faith in the brand. An MK10 is the next logical move, it has been over 2 years since MK9, many of the fans have been begging and asking about the game. MK10 is the next likely game to be developed and then it will likely be either the infamous MK vs DC2 or IGAU 2. Despite popular belief most developers DO NOT want to create the next CoD of there current franchise. Even Capcom has had more respect than to release a new SF iteration/update within a year. The last update was 2012 and I do not recall the previous update before AE was released (someone might need to at least let me know), either way NRS is not Capcom, hell their DLC practices already put the in better territory with fans than CApcom did.. My point is if its not MK10 next it is then likely something completely different!!!