What's new

Guide Deathstroke Combo Thread

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
Do you players have any 100+ % combo videos to share? If so I will post it in my thread. Traits/Transitions/Interactables/Guaranteed Resets are allowed.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Do you players have any 100+ % combo videos to share? If so I will post it in my thread. Traits/Transitions/Interactables/Guaranteed Resets are allowed.

Hm. TONY-T, would this be possible on a large character in the corner through use of the Solitude Ship + trait combo stuff + a butt ton of meter?

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Hm. TONY-T, would this be possible on a large character in the corner through use of the Solitude Ship + trait combo stuff + a butt ton of meter?
the only 100% combo i can think of in the current patch for Deathstroke would be on the stage with the 2 giants punching each other. You have to activate the little tank that explodes during the middle of a combo. If it was pre patch , he would have several.

I can attempt the combo in the current patch, but if it works, its really hard..

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
the only 100% combo i can think of in the current patch for Deathstroke would be on the stage with the 2 giants punching each other. You have to activate the little tank that explodes during the middle of a combo. If it was pre patch , he would have several.

I can attempt the combo in the current patch, but if it works, its really hard..
It would be an amazing feat for Deathstroke.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
TONY-T

What if you do a trait combo in the corner of Ferris, end with Sword Flip, then use this stuff?

Notice how at the end, he can Sword Spin BA after the missile lands. Think you can MB that Sword Spin and convert that into a combo? You have 2 bars 2 work with after the trait wears off, 1 will be spent converting the missile+spin into a combo.

Mind you, from my experimentation, the missile after the Flip ender doesn't work on big characters (or at least, I couldn't get it to).

TONY-T

Mad scientist
TONY-T

What if you do a trait combo in the corner of Ferris, end with Sword Flip, then use this stuff?

Notice how at the end, he can Sword Spin BA after the missile lands. Think you can MB that Sword Spin and convert that into a combo? You have 2 bars 2 work with after the trait wears off, 1 will be spent converting the missile+spin into a combo.

Mind you, from my experimentation, the missile after the Flip ender doesn't work on big characters (or at least, I couldn't get it to).
If i were to do the trait combo, its only going to do 72% if i end it in a sword flip. That leaves 28%. Using a missile then hitting them while they are still in the air with MB QF, does 25%. So even if i could get it to work its only going to do about 98%. But seriously, that is one hard combo!

Its possible, just really hard.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Hah darnit, alright then. Was worth considering at least.

EDIT: Wait a second TONY-T, I just realized you said MB Quick Fire after the missile, and not MB Sword Spin. I just had a combo theory, but I think DS can do a corner loop with the Ferris missiles.

Some combo xx Sword Flip, Missile Interactable, MB Sword Spin, some combo xx Sword Flip, repeat. Possible 4 bar loop? I'd test it myself if I was home >.<

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King

EDIT: Wait a second TONY-T, I just realized you said MB Quick Fire after the missile, and not MB Sword Spin. I just had a combo theory, but I think DS can do a corner loop with the Ferris missiles.

Some combo xx Sword Flip, Missile Interactable, MB Sword Spin, some combo xx Sword Flip, repeat. Possible 4 bar loop? I'd test it myself if I was home >.<
Glad to see you guys are working at it. After DS's horrible nerfs you guys need to show he still shouldn't be fucked with.

TONY-T

Mad scientist

I guess i should probably watch the video before i comment lol. I had forgotten he connected a sword spin after the missile at the end there.

Not so sure on the missile loop since the missile cool down period seems pretty long. Maybe 10 seconds? Awesome if it worked though.

Ill hit the lab a little later tonight!

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I guess i should probably watch the video before i comment lol. I had forgotten he connected a sword spin after the missile at the end there.

Not so sure on the missile loop since the missile cool down period seems pretty long. Maybe 10 seconds? Awesome if it worked though.

Ill hit the lab a little later tonight!

Ahh that is true. I forgot about that sorry lol. I was just mesmerized by your Scorpion video, and I wanted to see if DS could do the same :(

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Ahh that is true. I forgot about that sorry lol. I was just mesmerized by your Scorpion video, and I wanted to see if DS could do the same :(
i timed the missile cool down period, its about 6 - 7 seconds. To slow for a loop :(

The good news is, i performed and recorded at least 4 x 100% combos tonight with Deathstroke. One of them is meterless and does 104% lol

Going to work on others tomorrow after work :)

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
i timed the missile cool down period, its about 6 - 7 seconds. To slow for a loop :(

The good news is, i performed and recorded at least 4 x 100% combos tonight with Deathstroke. One of them is meterless and does 104% lol

Like like like like like like like. I'm excited to see yet again. Nice work Tony!

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King

I will definitely post them in my thread, choose the best ones you can since I don't want the page to take forever to load with 80 combo videos haha. That meterless one sounds amazing.

LordChozo

Mainless Wanderer
I don't know if it's included in one of the videos, but so far as I can tell the optimized combo for the Ferris turbine does not actually include a wall bounce.

If you backdash immediately upon touching the ground after using the turbine, and then forward j3, you will catch the opponent high on the screen as they are falling. This allows for a 323 followup and so forth, and the damage doesn't scale as heavily as if you wall bounce. For example:

Turbine, immediate backdash, immediate fj3, 323, f23, MB Quick Fire did 46% for me. IIRC the damage for Turbine, b3, j3, 323, f23, MB Quick Fire was 41 or 42%. I don't have the ability to make/post videos or I'd have recorded the session.

To use another example...

Turbine, backdash, fj3, 32, super does 53%. Turbine, b3, j3, b2 super does 49%. You can't do 32 super on the second example because they fall too quickly - ditto b22.

So if anything, the lesson is don't use super in that situation, because you'll only get a 7% boost from the MB Quick Fire combo for 3 more bars. Unless that is the last 7% or you need to do fewer hits to avoid clashes, or something.

EDIT to avoid double post:

So I did some more testing on this and found you can actually land a solid 50% for 2 bars off the turbine, but the timing is hella strict.

Turbine, backdash, fj3, 12xxb3 cancel, take a step forward, fj3, 323, f23, df3. It's far too finicky to use regularly without tons of practice, and I would never even try to attempt it online, but it is there.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.

Actually, from my testing, that combo does 47%, and so does the wall bounce combo, that is, with a MB Quick Fire ender.
Without the MB Quick Fire, the non-bounce combo does 42%, as opposed to the bounce combo's 43%.
However, if you do this combo instead: Turbine, Forward Dash, B3, Ji3, 323, F23 xx MB Sword Spin, Sword Flip

...you get the 48% for 1 bar, corner the opponent, and give them a hard knockdown. Nice right?

Btw, new 132 combos guys! Thanks to the new D2!

132, Ji2, D2, B3, Ji3, 323, 12 xx Sword Flip = 35%
Ji1, 132, Ji2, D2, B3, Ji3, 323, 12 xx Sword Flip = 36%
Ji2, 132, Ji2, D2, B3, Ji3, 323, 12 xx Sword Flip = 38%

If you get to the corner after you do 323, these combos do a little more damage:

Ji1, 132, Ji2, D2, B3, Ji3, 323, F23 xx Sword Flip = 37%
Ji2, 132, Ji2, D2, B3, Ji3, 323, F23 xx Sword Flip = 39%

The old midscreen transition combo: B1u2, D2, B3 is outdamaged by the above combos.

These are a bit tougher than 132, Ji2, 323, F23 xx Flip, but of course stronger. I'm going to practice these and see if they are consistent enough to be new BnBs.

LordChozo

Mainless Wanderer
Good find. Can you safe trait off 132, ji2, d2 like you can off f3, d2?

Also good call with the cornering. It never fully occurred to me to side change to corner the opponent, but part of that was not wanting them to be able to pushblock some corner pressure and turbine me back. Honestly with Ferris sometimes I feel like I'd almost rather be the one getting cornered thanks to missiles/turbine.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Good find. Can you safe trait off 132, ji2, d2 like you can off f3, d2?
Haven't tested that, good question. I DO know that the D2's knockup is scaled though. I feel like it won't work.

Also good call with the cornering. It never fully occurred to me to side change to corner the opponent, but part of that was not wanting them to be able to pushblock some corner pressure and turbine me back. Honestly with Ferris sometimes I feel like I'd almost rather be the one getting cornered thanks to missiles/turbine.

Turbine isn't quite as great as it seems. It hits high, so you can duck under it. Also, if you're RIGHT in the opponents face, turbine wont hit you. If you don't want to corner them, the wallbounce combo is still just as good.