What's new

Guide Deathstroke Combo Thread

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
ive been messing around with MB sword spin in the corner to maximize damage. i realized that if you lead in with ji3 you wont be able to get combos that do as much damage as ji2 or give you a hard knockdown. this is what i cam eup with

ji2, 323, f23 xx MB Spin, 323, f23 xx pizza cutter - 45% (most damage)
b22 xx MB Spin, 323, f23 xx pizza cutter - 35% (don't remember but i'm not by my console so i cant test)

Personally, I always felt that DS should be spending meter mostly in zoning and armored moves. doing MB stand guns isnt much more damage than doing pizza cutter and it doesn't give a hard knockdown so i never liked using it outside of combos that would kill. here I like this use a lot. it adds an extra 15%(?) of of the meterless ji2 combo and still gives a hard knockdown in the corner where you can start running DS corner bullshit which i think is much unexplored tbh.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
ive been messing around with MB sword spin in the corner to maximize damage. i realized that if you lead in with ji3 you wont be able to get combos that do as much damage as ji2 or give you a hard knockdown. this is what i cam eup with

ji2, 323, f23 xx MB Spin, 323, f23 xx pizza cutter - 45% (most damage)
b22 xx MB Spin, 323, f23 xx pizza cutter - 35% (don't remember but i'm not by my console so i cant test)

Personally, I always felt that DS should be spending meter mostly in zoning and armored moves. doing MB stand guns isnt much more damage than doing pizza cutter and it doesn't give a hard knockdown so i never liked using it outside of combos that would kill. here I like this use a lot. it adds an extra 15%(?) of of the meterless ji2 combo and still gives a hard knockdown in the corner where you can start running DS corner bullshit which i think is much unexplored tbh.

Lol I'm glad I'm not the only one who calls Sword Flip "Pizza Cutter."
I just hope I'm not weird for screaming "DEMACIAAAA!!" whenever I do Sword Spin.

I'm up for the first post being updated. Some of the combos there don't even work, mostly the ones involving Quick Fire as an ender, which I'm starting to see as even more pointless now because it's less damage, and Sword Flip can provide just as much space if you back dash. Here's what I think NEEDS to be in the first post. Also, we can get rid of some of the combos that we don't really need to use. Some more appropriate organization would be pleasant.

BnBs

132, Ji2, 323, F23 xx Sword Flip = 33%
Ji1, 132, Ji2, 323, F23 xx Sword Flip = 35%
Ji2, 132, Ji2, 323, F23 xx Sword Flip = 37%
132, Ji2, 323, 12 xx MB Quick Fire = 36%
Ji1, 132, Ji2, 1, 323, 12 xx MB Quick Fire = 38%
Ji2, 132, Ji2, 1, 323, 12 xx MB Quick Fire = 40%

B1U2, F3, 323, F23 xx Sword Flip = 32%
Ji1, B1U2, F3, 323, F23 xx Sword Flip = 33%
Ji2, B1U2, F3, 323, F23 xx Sword Flip = 35%
B1U2, F3, 1, 323, 12 xx MB Quick Fire = 35%
Ji1, B1U2, F3, 323, 12 xx MB Quick Fire = 36%
Ji2, B1U2, F3, 323, 12 xx MB Quick Fire = 38%

F3, Ji2, 323, F23 xx Sword Flip = 33%
F3, Ji2, 323, 12 xx MB Quick Fire = 37%

B3, Ji3, Ji2, 323, 12 xx Sword Flip = 39%
B3, Ji3, Ji2, 1, 323, 12 xx MB Quick Fire = 43%

323, 12 xx Machine Gun (grounded opponents only) = 29%
323, 12 xx MB Machine Gun (grounded opponents only) = 32%
323, F23 xx Sword Flip = 26%
323, F23 xx MB Quick Fire = 31%

Ji3, 323, F23 xx Sword Flip (for standing opponents) = 34%
Ji3, D1 xx Sword Spin (for crouching opponents) = 20%
Ji3, D1 xx MB Sword Spin, Quick Fire (for crouching opponents) = 23%
Ji3, D1 xx MB Sword Spin, Low Shots (for crouching opponents) = 23%

Air-to-airs:
Ji1, 323, F23 xx Sword Flip = 28%
Ji2, 323, F23 xx Sword Flip = 30%
Ji3, 323, F23 xx Sword Flip = 34%
Ji1, 323, F23 xx MB Quick Fire = 33%
Ji2, 323, F23 xx MB Quick Fire = 35%
Ji3, 323, F23 xx MB Quick Fire = 39%

I'm only going to the extent of burning 1 bar for BnBs.
I know you can add some damage to the Ji3 combo with a 1, but I've found that to be difficult and inconsistent. Same goes for the air-to-airs. These are what I consider his true BnBs because they're easy enough, consistent, and still damaging.

Then we have non-BnB combos still worth noting like combos in the corner, using more than 1 meter, or using stage interactables.
Also, mini-combos and setup combos. A mini-combo is like F23 xx Sword Spin, or B22 xx Low Shots. Setup combos are stuff that set up mixups or vortexes, like 132, Ji2, 123. I'll post the ones I think are worth mentioning when I have more time.

hey guys im having issues with a specific combo how do u time your f2 3 after the 323 when online. like offline in practice mode i can hit it like 90% of the time but online i can rarely hit the damn f2 3. do i have to press it earlier online or later/

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
hey guys im having issues with a specific combo how do u time your f2 3 after the 323 when online. like offline in practice mode i can hit it like 90% of the time but online i can rarely hit the damn f2 3. do i have to press it earlier online or later/

Always a hard thing at first. Land 323 on the opponent as low as possible, and throw out F23 right before the opponent hits the ground.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Updating this with some stage specific combos and new corner dirt

Batcave

Metropolis Streets
The Batcave is slowly becoming one of my favorite stages.

Loved the electricity setups! really good stuff!

I noticed you used the b2 into interactable button for the kick into background bounce interactable. I was going to make a video on that. Imo, its one of his best options to use that interactable. b1 into kick interactable works too but its stance dependent.

Also d1 into interactable works, but only from a small distance away from your opponent. If your to close to your opponent, the d1 into interactable wont string. i have no idea why this is..

Anyway, here is the combos i made with these options, i also included his most damaging meterless combo that uses a background bounce.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Very nice TONY-T, once again. I always thought background bounces were useful for turning B2 into monstrous damage. The only thing that bothers me is the confirm time, since only B2 xx stage interactable works, and the kick DS does to bounce them is unsafe on block.

Also, I've been sorta needing to ask you a combo question. Your 132 corner combo with Sword Spin, I can't seem to get the 323 after the MB Sword Spin to connect. Any tips?
Ji2, 132, 323, F23 xx MB Sword Spin, 323, F23 xx Sword Flip

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Also, I've been sorta needing to ask you a combo question. Your 132 corner combo with Sword Spin, I can't seem to get the 323 after the MB Sword Spin to connect. Any tips?
Ji2, 132, 323, F23 xx MB Sword Spin, 323, F23 xx Sword Flip
Its

Ji2, 132, 323, 12 xx MB Sword Spin, 323, F23 xx Sword Flip .... 41%

you can add a jump kick before the 132 to make it 43%, but its hard on small characters.

The trick with the sword spin in the corner is to try and land it on your opponent while he is as close to the ground as possible. If you land the sword spin on your opponent while he is still high in the air, what happens is they bounce lower. If you land it on him while he is low to the ground, they bounce higher.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Hah, well I'm glad you liked the combos I listed. You should keep some of TONY-T's swag combos in there though, they're certainly worth knowing about at least. I wasn't even finished with that post though, so I have a few more important ones coming.

Stuff like B22 xx Low Shots and 132, Ji2, 123.

Also, for the sake of organization, you may want to consider spacing the combos as I did in the post I made. The combos are sorted by main starting string, so if someone was looking for say a B1U2 combo, they'd be able to find it easier.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
I'm having SUCH a difficult time getting the j2 after 132 j2 323 f23 xx SF... What in the word is the timing after the 132? I whiff like 90% of the time. And the f3 after b1u2 is rough, but I land that around 50% of the time. What are the timing on those two BnB combos that I need to learn to actually punish past 12% T_T

drywall

Noob
I'm having SUCH a difficult time getting the j2 after 132 j2 323 f23 xx SF... What in the word is the timing after the 132? I whiff like 90% of the time. And the f3 after b1u2 is rough, but I land that around 50% of the time. What are the timing on those two BnB combos that I need to learn to actually punish past 12% T_T
J2 at the top of your jump after 132 at the latest or it won't hit. F3 after b1u2 is trickier. You have to hit F3 before he fully turns around after he lands from the b1u2.

Where did the 2 bar bounce cancel combos go? Are they not worth the meter?

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Ji2 when the opponents feet begin to point to you. They flip the same way every time.

F3 when both of DS' feet settle on the ground.
Where did the 2 bar bounce cancel combos go? Are they not worth the meter?
Theyre not a waste. I just listed BnBs I often use for 1 bar or less. Hitoshura basically used that entire post in its own, but the 2 bar combos are still worth knowing.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
Ji2 when the opponents feet begin to point to you. They flip the same way every time.

F3 when both of DS' feet settle on the ground.

Theyre not a waste. I just listed BnBs I often use for 1 bar or less. Hitoshura basically used that entire post in its own, but the 2 bar combos are still worth knowing.
Settle or touch the ground for the f3? And feet point at me? Like toes pointing downwards, meaning they are in facing the ground while spinning?

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Settle or touch the ground for the f3? And feet point at me? Like toes pointing downwards, meaning they are in facing the ground while spinning?
Uhh well for the F3 I think both works. I kinda have it muscle memorized at this point lol.

I shoulda said legs for Ji2. When their lower body is aimed at you.

I might have missed it, but what are the highest damage output combos DS can do in this patch without the help of any stage structures?
49% or even higher?