What's new

Guide Deathstroke Combo Thread

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
It's a gimmick IMO. I'm not about to spend 2 bars to be + on block or hope to get 30%. That's some ChrisG Noob Saibot stuff. But of course it will catch people off guard since nobody does it. I'd rather keep both bars for safe LowShots and that 6% chip or punishing with MB B3.

Is MB Low Shots still 6% chip? Don't each of the 4 shots do less than 1% now? (granted, MB guns are still good)

And you gotta also remember that a blocked F3 is a free mixup. It leads right into B1 or B2, and B222 leaves the opponent vulnerable to an ambiguous crossup.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Is MB Low Shots still 6% chip? Don't each of the 4 shots do less than 1% now? (granted, MB guns are still good)

And you gotta also remember that a blocked F3 is a free mixup. It leads right into B1 or B2, and B222 leaves the opponent vulnerable to an ambiguous crossup.

The first 2 shots do 0.38% each and the MB shots keep their damage. Actually 6% is incorrect, it's 5%. And you're right about F3. But still would not spend 2 bars for it when I can get it for 0 or 1.

Zer0 Hundr3d I amended my post, so reply accordingly. TBH, this was some tech I was working on that I didn't really want to reveal. To end, I don't use 1,2 in the Deathstroke match-up by itself, it's suicide for the range you need to be in for it to work, it's entirely an entirely situational 3 part mix-up game, 1,2MB b+3 is a segment of it.

I actually don't understand what your mix-up game is. Could you explain it in another way? Or can someone who undertsands explain it to the fool that I am?

gdf

Noob
I actually don't understand what your mix-up game is. Could you explain it in another way? Or can someone who undertsands explain it to the fool that I am?
This is assuming you went onto the previous page and read my edited quote? I can't really expand on the entire process without getting paranoid, because I have a tournament coming up, however I will explain if you did.

gdf

Noob
Ji2, like all jump in attacks in this game, have this weird combo effect in which you have to buffer the next input when the first attack hits, NOT when you hit the ground. It's stupid, but it's there.

Strongest combo I can think of that doesn't involve the corner or stage interactables would be:
12 xx B3, Ji3, Ji2, 323, 12 xx MB Quick Fire

Actually, I think this is unexplored, possibly useful tech. I can say, I played a KF player a few night ago, and her low xx ground bounce cancel really got me good. Not to mention how gdlk DS' F3 is on hit or block, it could be very useful spending of meter. I mean, we don't need meter to combo, now do we? I'm talking about you Green Lantern and Scorpion.
Thanks for the advice. It is really awkward trying to do the combo but at least I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Do you have percentages available for yours and Zer0Hundr3d's combos?

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
Thanks for the advice. It is really awkward trying to do the combo but at least I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Do you have percentages available for yours and Zer0Hundr3d's combos?
how the heck do you cancel 12 into a b3? MB?

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
The first 2 shots do 0.38% each and the MB shots keep their damage. Actually 6% is incorrect, it's 5%. And you're right about F3. But still would not spend 2 bars for it when I can get it for 0 or 1.

Yeah, but this is practically an option select for even higher damage. Your primary mixup is already going to be used. In a position in which you can get the basic 50/50 (B2 or B1), you can then MB F3 to get an O-O or L-O string that provides you with a second mixup.

Basically, we're already doing your free mixup. This is a second mixup (with damage to boot) to go with it.

F3 > B1/B2 > MB F3 > B1/B2, or perhaps even F23, 32.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
gdf, if you want to abuse the frame advantage of F3, the way I see it there are 3 viable options.

1. F23, 32: This is a frame trap, not a mixup. If the opponent isn't aware they have to block this entire string, then you will hurt them. Buffer 323, 12 xx Machine Gun.

2. B1U2: Puts them just in range for this to hit. Low mixup, you can follow this up with MB F3 for more damage.

3. B2: Follow up with either B22, B23F2, or B2 xx F3 for a full combo.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
gdf, if you want to abuse the frame advantage of F3, the way I see it there are 3 viable options.

1. F23, 32: This is a frame trap, not a mixup. If the opponent isn't aware they have to block this entire string, then you will hurt them. Buffer 323, 12 xx Machine Gun.

2. B1U2: Puts them just in range for this to hit. Low mixup, you can follow this up with MB F3 for more damage.

Yes, you have these options. Which baffles me about your mix-up game with 12 since this is already available.

gdf

Noob

Abusing F+3 was my entire purpose, I appreciate the advice. I didn't know about F23, 32.

I was in-fact aware of the rest of those options, however.

The reason is that so far in practice mode, 1,2 is 1 frame more than F23, but that is neglible because only Superman could stop Deathstroke from using 1,2 or f2,3. The reason I was asking about 1,2 is that I found the most combo potential from 1,2 with 40%, compared to the rest of the options. Sorry I was being so cryptic about, again I just didn't want to reveal this too early.

Right now my objective isn't to discover options from F+3, it is to find out which combos deal the most damage from B1U2, 1,2, and ,B2. And from my personal findings are that 1,2 following F+3 is the best combo string, not the best string to follow up F+3.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Abusing F+3 was my entire purpose, I appreciate the advice. I didn't know about F23, 32.

I was in-fact aware of the rest of those options, however.

The reason is that so far in practice mode, 1,2 is 1 frame more than F23, but that is neglible because only Superman could stop Deathstroke from using 1,2 or f2,3. The reason I was asking about 1,2 is that I found the most combo potential from 1,2 with 40%, compared to the rest of the options. Sorry I was being so cryptic about, again I just didn't want to reveal this too early.

Right now my objective isn't to discover options from F+3, it is to find out which combos deal the most damage from B1U2, 1,2, and ,B2. And from my personal findings are that 1,2 following F+3 is the best combo string, not the best string to follow up F+3.

I still fail to understand why you would not just go for the BnBs though. Unless that IS what you're asking. In which case I believe they're in the 1st page.

gdf

Noob
I still fail to understand why you would not just go for the BnBs though. Unless that IS what you're asking. In which case I believe they're in the 1st page.
I wouldn't be asking if it wasn't on the front page. That's why I only asked for 1,2 MB b+3, and not for the rest. Because 1,2 MB b+3 isn't on the front page with damage percentage. B+3 is on the front page, but scaling is a clear and present factor here.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I wouldn't be asking if it wasn't on the front page. That's why I only asked for 1,2 MB b+3, and not for the rest. Because 1,2 MB b+3 isn't on the front page with damage percentage. B+3 is on the front page, but scaling is a clear and present factor here.

Ah well, that clears it up. Well you have your 12 x GBC combo. But do you still plan on using it? (I'm still lost about your mix-up game after F3)

gdf

Noob
Ah well, that clears it up. Well you have your 12 x GBC combo. But do you still plan on using it? (I'm still lost about your mix-up game after F3)
Wall bounce combo, and yes. I'm in practice combo right now and it is stuffing so many specials for a large percentage of health. Right now I'm stuffing Killer Frost's counter.

On the mix-up game after F+3, it's essentially what Mikman said. I just put more words in was all. Major props to Mikman for that.

If you mean the frame data, what I am saying is a little complicated to put into words. I can try and explain if you think it would be valuable.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Damage-wise. But I'd still go for the SF. I believe it's only 1% more and it can be tech-rolled unlike SF which is a hard knockdown that leaves you at +24(around, can't remember)
Flip ender does 26%, MG ender does 29%. It's not like I've ever been punished for using MG ender, but you're right, there's a time and a place for each one.

Wall bounce combo, and yes. I'm in practice combo right now and it is stuffing so many specials for a large percentage of health. Right now I'm stuffing Killer Frost's counter.

On the mix-up game after F+3, it's essentially what Mikman said. I just put more words in was all. Major props to Mikman for that.

If you mean the frame data, what I am saying is a little complicated to put into words. I can try and explain if you think it would be valuable.

Major props to you for spelling my name correctly.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Actualy Zer0 Hundr3d and Mikman360 if not already a thread/video about this, after this weekend would you guys mind doing a collab with me on a video+thread detailing F+3? And the follow-ups?

Heh, I was actually thinking of making a DS mixup and frametrap video sometime, so of course I'd love to help.

F3 is OP btw.

Reactions: gdf

gdf

Noob
1,2 MB DB JI3, 3,2,3, f2,3 xx Sword Flip = 40%
1,2 MB DB JI3, JI2, 3,2,3, 1,2 xx Quick Fire = 41%
1,2 MB DB JI3, JI2, 3,2,3, 1,2 xx Sword Flip = 42%
1,2 MB DB JI3, JI2, 3,2,3, 1,2 xx MB Quick Fire = 45%

J360 Can you add these to the first post?