What's new

Guide Deathstroke Combo Thread

Heaton

NO MONEY DOWN
Screwing around with interactable background bounce. These are compatible with the Flying Ninja Vortex, and boost damage by quite a bit, so pay attention to your positioning when you're doing that vortex.

ji3, 12, 1+2, b3, ji3, 323, f2, Sword Flip - 46%
ji3, 12, 1+2, b3, ji3, 323, f2, EX Quick Fire - 49%
ji3, 12, 1+2, b3, Super - 50% (lol)

Coddfish

Noob
Screwing around with interactable background bounce. These are compatible with the Flying Ninja Vortex, and boost damage by quite a bit, so pay attention to your positioning when you're doing that vortex.

ji3, 12, 1+2, b3, ji3, 323, f2, Sword Flip - 46%
ji3, 12, 1+2, b3, ji3, 323, f2, EX Quick Fire - 49%
ji3, 12, 1+2, b3, Super - 50% (lol)

I really like the idea of using background bounce in the Flying Ninja. However, my understanding of it is that it doesn't really work reliably after Sword Flip, only off a 123 ender? I reckon you could still get some nice extra damage with a background bounce, combo, 123 ender, vortex, but HKD scaling might be an issue there :(

With that said, these are nice options if you can vortex someone into the interactable area and then finish them off with a 50% combo for the kill :)

Heaton

NO MONEY DOWN
I really like the idea of using background bounce in the Flying Ninja. However, my understanding of it is that it doesn't really work reliably after Sword Flip, only off a 123 ender?
I mean the starter is part of the Flying Ninja. So you use the vortex to push them towards the interactible, and then if you see that they're aligned with the ineractible, you can just confirm into the extended combo instead of finishing the 123. I don't mean to continue the vortex off the interactible combo, since that scales horribly like you said.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Okay, I have not been in this thread for some time. Kinda forgot I made it, lol. u___u

Anyway, can some compile a list of all the useful combos created so far that has not been added to the first post yet? If so, then when the task is completed tag my name in your post, or send me a private message. Thanks!

Also, I know it's supposed to be my job to do this considering I created the thread, but I've been working and painting on my free time. Haven't had a lot of time to sit down and skim through all the pages of comments. Sorry guys, lol.

haketh

Noob
Can we cut down on the clutter on the first page when it gets updated? Only the relevant combos should be up for ease of use.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Okay, I have not been in this thread for some time. Kinda forgot I made it, lol. u___u

Anyway, can some compile a list of all the useful combos created so far that has not been added to the first post yet? If so, then when the task is completed tag my name in your post, or send me a private message. Thanks!

Also, I know it's supposed to be my job to do this considering I created the thread, but I've been working and painting on my free time. Haven't had a lot of time to sit down and skim through all the pages of comments. Sorry guys, lol.

I'd be glad to help with that.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
So what do we have in the way of unclashable combos? I can't seem to come up with much outside of "bounce them and shoot them with guns."

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
So what do we have in the way of unclashable combos? I can't seem to come up with much outside of "bounce them and shoot them with guns."

There really isn't much DS has got. A lot of his stuff is clashable. B3 combos into F3, then you can go into low guns for chip.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
About what I thought. Was wondering if anybody had figured out something I hadn't, which is far from impossible. :p

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook

You can't even shoot guns 'cause they're clashable lol.

Best course of action really is to just F3. Then chip as much as you can or go for single hitters.

But honestly I never have been in a situation to be afraid for a clash. If they actually do, I normally have enough meter to let them win by 1 and the rest of the meter to chip them out. (Cancelling them out is a waste of meter IMO it's not worth the 15%)

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I also generally agree with that sentiment, but it's nice to have tools in the box. The circumstance where it could matter is common enough to take note of.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Unclashable combos:

D2, F3 = 12%

F3, B3
B3, F3
B3, B3
F3, F3 (possible in the corner or after an F3 crossup)
All 19%

3, MB F3, B3 = 23%

B1, MB F3, B3
B1, MB B3, B3
B1, MB B3, F3
All 20%, low starter

B2, MB F3, B3
B2, MB B3, B3
B2, MB B3, F3
All 21%, high starter

F3, Super
B3, Super
Both 39%

Add the little gun chip at the end. Anything ending with F3 or super is a hard knockdown.
Realistically, you might just want to fish for F3s. On hit, you can get some unclashable damage. On block, you get some block pressure and free chip.

I have put too much time into this post. Good day people.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Screwing around with interactable background bounce.
In the spirit of this post, I've started fiddling around with interactable combos. Just a taste for now before I go back to the lab, but I've found a very nice and consistent way to combo off the giant swinging thing on Ferris - use the interactable, immediately backdash, then ji2, 323, f23, df3. You can also do ji2, 123 for vortex using the same setup.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
In the spirit of this post, I've started fiddling around with interactable combos. Just a taste for now before I go back to the lab, but I've found a very nice and consistent way to combo off the giant swinging thing on Ferris - use the interactable, immediately backdash, then ji2, 323, f23, df3. You can also do ji2, 123 for vortex using the same setup.

What about B3, Ji3, 323, 12 xx Flip?

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I imagine so. I wasn't looking precisely for optimal because I suck at making combos (like many things), but we don't really have any yet. Trying to spur people smarter than me to do cooler things.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
How about unclashable gimmick combos? As to my experience and observations, people only clash after a launcher or any other combo extending state.

So since I can't test ATM would anyone be kind enough to test the damage of the following? (or if they're even doable):

B22 x F3MB , B3
B22 x B3MB , F3
Air-to-Air J3 , F2 x F3MB , B3

B1U2 , F3 , Super
B22 x Super
Air-to-Air J3 , 3 x Super

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
As a potentially more useful addendum to this, doing ji2, 3231, df1 leaves you in very good position to follow up with the tool chest, if it's still there.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
How about unclashable gimmick combos? As to my experience and observations, people only clash after a launcher or any other combo extending state.

So since I can't test ATM would anyone be kind enough to test the damage of the following? (or if they're even doable):

B22 x F3MB , B3
B22 x B3MB , F3
Air-to-Air J3 , F2 x F3MB , B3

B1U2 , F3 , Super
B22 x Super
Air-to-Air J3 , 3 x Super

I can't test it atm, but I can tell you right now that the third one wont work. F3 into B3 is very scaling picky.
B22 xx MB B3 only works on certain characters. If I were to guess, the first 2 combos would do about 23%, since it's just 1 more hit than the overhead combo I posted.

Coddfish

Noob
While we're on interactables and all that fun stuff, has anyone figured out any reliable ways to set up satchel bombs? I've been playing around with the crossunder setup that TONY-T demoed in the Corner of Death thread, but it seems to only work when you don't autocorrect after the crossunder, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to make that happen consistently.

I've tried various HKD setups into satchel bomb, but they either whiff completely or catch the wakeup and cause a hard knockdown rather than a pop up.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
While we're on interactables and all that fun stuff, has anyone figured out any reliable ways to set up satchel bombs? I've been playing around with the crossunder setup that TONY-T demoed in the Corner of Death thread, but it seems to only work when you don't autocorrect after the crossunder, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to make that happen consistently.

I've tried various HKD setups into satchel bomb, but they either whiff completely or catch the wakeup and cause a hard knockdown rather than a pop up.

I've been trying to experiment with this too, but I haven't come up with anything. Other than crossing under them, I feel like there's only one way to get into the corner during your own combo, and that would be to knock the opponent down and hop over them somehow. The fastest way to get over someone is F3, but you just dont have enough time to drop the bomb and hit them after.

So yeah, I'm stumped.