What's new

Darkseid - General Strategies and Discussion

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Every player with a fundamental understanding of this game suspected Darkseid's lack of footsies might be a tremendous weakness. The second post of this thread literally states "Lack of a good, safe mid is going to be a real problem". The question was whether the zoning, the anti-zoning, the Parademon set ups, and the damage output were going to compensate for this conspicuous weakness, and I believe the majority of Darkseid players would say no at this point in the game, yet we could be mistaken.
I dont mean to sound rude but you guys are all playing the character incorrecetly or dont know how to properly enforce the mix. Darkseid is a top 5 char if you play him right,his mix is godlike,his zoning is good,goodndamage of coversions etc,il make a guide after vegas.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
When the demon runs right ppl react to that so they jump premeptively if u xx up laser or jump laser xx ,so if you think they are going to jump do that than regular tele and you can get a coversion. The most conistent is d2 then stomp or d1 df2 btw.
i thought u meant like how u can combo off of mb laser, but ok, u meant a small conversion.

do you mean reversing input when you teleport so that the running demon connects later?

Last edited:

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I think Darkseid is perfectly viable, I think you stand a great chance with him and wish you all the luck in the world as my fellow main's sole representative actually making big things happen @EMPEROR_KNICKS, but I also just don't think there's a chance in hell he's top five. It's good to see that kind of optimism and confidence in his best player for sure though.

And I also don't play this game at the highest level so tier placing couldn't matter less to me unless one tier was significantly broken beyond the rest. I still love Darkseid's design even though I think some of the other characters I've dabbled with like Scarecrow are clearly better than him. I feel like Darkseid's got some glaring weaknesses but any good character design ultimately should for proper balance so I honestly wouldn't even buff him at all. Hope to see him put in some work in Vegas!

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
I think Darkseid is perfectly viable, I think you stand a great chance with him and wish you all the luck in the world as my fellow main's sole representative actually making big things happen @EMPEROR_KNICKS, but I also just don't think there's a chance in hell he's top five. It's good to see that kind of optimism and confidence in his best player for sure though.

And I also don't play this game at the highest level so tier placing couldn't matter less to me unless one tier was significantly broken beyond the rest. I still love Darkseid's design even though I think some of the other characters I've dabbled with like Scarecrow are clearly better than him. I feel like Darkseid's got some glaring weaknesses but any good character design ultimately should for proper balance so I honestly wouldn't even buff him at all. Hope to see him put in some work in Vegas!
i'd buff that low laser at least, make it safe since its one of his only decent footsie tools

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I dont mean to sound rude but you guys are all playing the character incorrecetly or dont know how to properly enforce the mix. Darkseid is a top 5 char if you play him right,his mix is godlike,his zoning is good,goodndamage of coversions etc,il make a guide after vegas.
You make a good point, at least with my Darkseid. My only criticism would be you use Superman as much as you use Darkseid, if not more, which makes learning the character from you very difficult.

Good luck in the tournament in Las Vegas!

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
You make a good point, at least with my Darkseid. My only criticism would be you use Superman as much as you use Darkseid, if not more, which makes learning the character from you very difficult.

Good luck in the tournament in Las Vegas!
i do pretty good with darkseid, i just notice that people still don't exploit him as hard as they should be, so wondering if thats gonna make him drop a bit once they do.

Good shit in Vegas, Knicks! Looking forward to the guide!

SE1Z3

Noob
if you watched Knicks in Vegas and think all he did was Zoning, you TRULY have no concept of how to play this character. LOL

Xbox: SE1Z3 PSN: Gorvesk Twitter: @franciscapra Discord: SE1Z3#2128

TheRealOnlyGoonie

Hey You Guys
if you watched Knicks in Vegas and think all he did was Zoning, you TRULY have no concept of how to play this character. LOL

Xbox: SE1Z3 PSN: Gorvesk Twitter: @franciscapra Discord: SE1Z3#2128
IDK IF UR FUCKING WIT ME OR WHAT. GO REWATCH THE MATCHES KNICKS PLAYED A HEAVY KEEPAWAY GAME

Slavaslave

Professional Casual
Instant Air Stomp. Having trouble! Any tips or videos?
Think of it like a weird dbf input. Practice the motion without any other buttons. Practice it slow, and work your way till you can cleanly input it very quickly. Then start adding the 3. Same for instant air lasers. It's all practice.

So you all know the thing you do where you air teleport, and they react with d2, but you do air MB omega beams which makes their d2 whiff? I did some testing and there are six characters that this does not work on, because their d2 does not whiff in this scenario. These are:

Sub Zero
Joker
Grodd
Robin
Scarecrow
Brainiac

So against these characters I guess just like, don't air teleport. Or do air teleport less.

I actually thought for sure Aquaman would for sure be one of the characters who had a big enough d2 to hit you out of this, but he actually doesn't. So, that's cool.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
So you all know the thing you do where you air teleport, and they react with d2, but you do air MB omega beams which makes their d2 whiff? I did some testing and there are six characters that this does not work on, because their d2 does not whiff in this scenario. These are:

Sub Zero
Joker
Grodd
Robin
Scarecrow
Brainiac

So against these characters I guess just like, don't air teleport. Or do air teleport less.

I actually thought for sure Aquaman would for sure be one of the characters who had a big enough d2 to hit you out of this, but he actually doesn't. So, that's cool.
Theres more characters, but some of these d2s are slow and hard to react with.