What's new

Darkseid - General Strategies and Discussion

@EMPEROR_KNICKS had an impressive showing in HTH, now this leads to wonder. While Darkseid may be argued to be anywhere from top 5-10 or outside of those ranks. Does his damage cover those gaps by making him tournament viable because of his damage or are we really downplaying our character as a community? I feel it is more of the first statement than the second.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
@EMPEROR_KNICKS had an impressive showing in HTH, now this leads to wonder. While Darkseid may be argued to be anywhere from top 5-10 or outside of those ranks. Does his damage cover those gaps by making him tournament viable because of his damage or are we really downplaying our character as a community? I feel it is more of the first statement than the second.
Im not downplaying the character is great.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
His d1 is boo boo. In the corner MB up laser doesn't combo on certain characters (female) and on stages like fortress of solitude it just disappears.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Guys I need some advice. I'm having a hard time timing the extra j3 after any jump attack from mb b3, f3 or his stomp. I know it's a timing thing but Darksied just feels like he's not mobile enough to get that second j3 or J2. I feel like a total noon on this.

Any advice would be great. Otherwise the character is extremely good.

B1 could have a faster start up imo.

Guys I need some advice. I'm having a hard time timing the extra j3 after any jump attack from mb b3, f3 or his stomp. I know it's a timing thing but Darksied just feels like he's not mobile enough to get that second j3 or J2. I feel like a total noon on this.

Any advice would be great. Otherwise the character is extremely good.

B1 could have a faster start up imo.
When I miss this I normally feel like it's cause I did j2 too late after the b3. You can press it a lot earlier than you think. I know you're talking about j3, but how the j2 hits can make it impossible to land the follow up j3, so that's the actual point where the combo drops.

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
I go for late(ish) j3 then nearly instant j2. Think it does slightly more damage than j2 > j3 stomp too from memory....

villainous monk

When I miss this I normally feel like it's cause I did j2 too late after the b3. You can press it a lot earlier than you think. I know you're talking about j3, but how the j2 hits can make it impossible to land the follow up j3, so that's the actual point where the combo drops.
So I should use J2 first then j3? I've also done J2 times two which seems to buffer df3.

Should I rule out j3 entirely or is there a easier way to go about this.

Also if it matters I'm on hitbox so you would think it's easier but pressing a button to go up twice with Darksied seems to be more difficult then another character I've used on this thing.

So I should use J2 first then j3? I've also done J2 times two which seems to buffer df3.

Also if it matters I'm on hitbox so you would think it's easier but pressing a button to go up twice with Darksied seems to be more difficult then another character I've used on this thing.
Is there any chance you can record yourself doing the combo with input display on? That would make it a lot easier to see what the problem is.

villainous monk

Is there any chance you can record yourself doing the combo with input display on? That would make it a lot easier to see what the problem is.
Yeah. Absolutely I'll try. I'll post it sometime this week.

I'm also doing it with most of the settings off.

I guess I can ask on how you find the start up for his trait. To me it's seems unnecessarly slow just to get it out then activate it too is really slow considering it's primarily being used to keep some moves or strings safe but also for his mix-ups.

I'm curious to see if others & yourself feel the same way.

TheRealOnlyGoonie

Hey You Guys

IF UR HAVING TROUBLE WIT DARKSIED BNB MAYBE HES NOT THE CHARACTER FOR U

after you do B1U3 mb delay the B3 a bit to get them to pop up a bit higher to get the the second J3 in. And I always do J3 before J2 since the J2 leads to more damage and an easier hit confirm.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
I'm different lol I use them to confirm and convert in the corner like red demon set up into 21 MB up laser pop demon (plus on block if blocked) f3 j3 stomp but it doesn't work on the chicks or on some stages
eh, if i got demon ready in the corner i'd rather just go for the mix and use the demon for insurance in case it gets blocked.

if i have the charging demon i usually go for a massive damaging 50/50, either db1 or b1, i think both of em hit over 500 damage too.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
eh, if i got demon ready in the corner i'd rather just go for the mix and use the demon for insurance in case it gets blocked.

if i have the charging demon i usually go for a massive damaging 50/50, either db1 or b1, i think both of em hit over 500 damage too.
true I like to be unpredictable I do exotic shit with lord dankness. But I pisses me off when things are not working properly.

Look at that knee.

Last edited: