What's new

Darkseid - General Strategies and Discussion

SE1Z3

Noob
eh, if i got demon ready in the corner i'd rather just go for the mix and use the demon for insurance in case it gets blocked.

if i have the charging demon i usually go for a massive damaging 50/50, either db1 or b1, i think both of em hit over 500 damage too.
How do you get 500 damage off a db1?

SE1Z3

Noob
Nvm, I just got 478 on Supes relatively easily just by using f4 to juggle after db1. I can see 500 happening very easily. Would love to see what you have come up with anyway though! :)

Xbox: SE1Z3 PSN: Gorvesk Twitter: @franciscapra

Arzumis

Noob
where can I find some recent emperor Knicks gameplay? Darkseid is just so cool so I wanna see how he makes it work since he seems to be the only darkseid player doing well in tournaments

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
where can I find some recent emperor Knicks gameplay? Darkseid is just so cool so I wanna see how he makes it work since he seems to be the only darkseid player doing well in tournaments
Check teamspookys youtube since i go to nlbc a lot,and there are some other vids on youtube of me. Also im playing in hth finals this sunday

Found something kinda weird by accident today. If you end a corner combo with MB knee, then neutral jump, you end up pulling the opponent out of the corner, somehow, for some reason. Hard to explain and I don't feel like making a video on it so try it for yourself you'll see what I mean. It might be possible to get a left/right mixup using this. You can walk backwards a little bit and still end up pulling the opponent out of the corner, so you'd go MB knee then walk backwards a little and neutral jump j3 for crossup, or walk back a slightly more little bit and neutral jump j3 for same side.

What's up guys, new to posting here but not new to the site. I need help seeing the darkseid light. In the beginning I was mopping hard with darkseid. Thought he was definitely top tier with the minion mixups, lasers, and corner stuff. But now it seems people know the match up more and literally shut out all his options.

What I honestly think it boils down to is that people are no longer afraid of his tele since you can literally d2 on reaction everytime. Sure with minion you can make it safe but most people just jump back over the minions after tele so that really doesn't even work anymore. And if they do get hit by the minion they become to far for darkseid to get any conversion off of it. Then it just becomes a full screen game again. Darkseid lasers are pretty punishable but they do catch a lot of jumps so that's a good thing. Ex knee is a really good wakeup and even breaks armor but if they block it darkseid can't really do anything off of it since his buttons are pretty bad. I usually just find myself using another d1 ex knee to catch them trying to press buttons. But now most people just jump over it so that's a bar wasted and a pretty good whiff punish if there are quick enough i.e catdash or something. You can maybe try waking up with ex or regular up laser but that's extremely risky.

His corner stuff is really good, that's where I find myself making huge comebacks if they don't have acces to mb interactables. Also low laser has some good range but is also pretty unsafe. You have to find that sweet spot to use it because most people always jump once they get into sweeping distance so using it at the wrong time leads to free jump ins. He has a lot of gaps in his strings plus some of the worst buttons/ movement. Also his jump in is really floaty as well so that can be easily d2'd as well. About 90% of the time when a darkseid jumps over you he's going straight for stomp because most people are ducking and they feel they are to high for the j2,j3 cross up which could end up resulting in a d2 anti air. Pair all of this with the push block tech and it becomes pretty difficult for darkseid.

But idk this is just my darkseid rant. I still think he's a great character but definitely not what I thought he was. I still play him and do okay but I'd rather not have to spend the majority of the match running full screen lasers. Someone help me see the light lmao

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
@EMPEROR_KNICKS

so, whats the gameplan against players who play the Darkseid MU correctly? Pushblock demon setups, jump out of demon setups, dash after every whiffed beam / roll escape accordingly.

Just back up, mix & pray? lol

btw they really need to fix the whiffing issues with MB omega beam....it just randomly whiffs on crouching players sometimes ......

@EMPEROR_KNICKS

so, whats the gameplan against players who play the Darkseid MU correctly? Pushblock demon setups, jump out of demon setups, dash after every whiffed beam / roll escape accordingly.

btw they really need to fix the whiffing issues with MB omega beam....it just randomly whiffs on crouching players sometimes ......
Firestorm torpedo can fly straight through in air mb omega beams if timed correctly. Also this is what I just finished saying. People that know darkseids tricks (which isn't much) completely shut him out hard

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
@EMPEROR_KNICKS

If they start jumping out il throw demon then xx laser and tele for a full combo. Or tele b4 demon and switch timing. Also if they pushblock i might xxb3 or f3 but personally idc if they pushblock bc that means they are sacrificing meter which means they have sacrificr a lot to do so considering darkseids zoning is pretty good. And many characters need meter in this game.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
What's up guys, new to posting here but not new to the site. I need help seeing the darkseid light. In the beginning I was mopping hard with darkseid. Thought he was definitely top tier with the minion mixups, lasers, and corner stuff. But now it seems people know the match up more and literally shut out all his options.

What I honestly think it boils down to is that people are no longer afraid of his tele since you can literally d2 on reaction everytime. Sure with minion you can make it safe but most people just jump back over the minions after tele so that really doesn't even work anymore. And if they do get hit by the minion they become to far for darkseid to get any conversion off of it. Then it just becomes a full screen game again. Darkseid lasers are pretty punishable but they do catch a lot of jumps so that's a good thing. Ex knee is a really good wakeup and even breaks armor but if they block it darkseid can't really do anything off of it since his buttons are pretty bad. I usually just find myself using another d1 ex knee to catch them trying to press buttons. But now most people just jump over it so that's a bar wasted and a pretty good whiff punish if there are quick enough i.e catdash or something. You can maybe try waking up with ex or regular up laser but that's extremely risky.

His corner stuff is really good, that's where I find myself making huge comebacks if they don't have acces to mb interactables. Also low laser has some good range but is also pretty unsafe. You have to find that sweet spot to use it because most people always jump once they get into sweeping distance so using it at the wrong time leads to free jump ins. He has a lot of gaps in his strings plus some of the worst buttons/ movement. Also his jump in is really floaty as well so that can be easily d2'd as well. About 90% of the time when a darkseid jumps over you he's going straight for stomp because most people are ducking and they feel they are to high for the j2,j3 cross up which could end up resulting in a d2 anti air. Pair all of this with the push block tech and it becomes pretty difficult for darkseid.

But idk this is just my darkseid rant. I still think he's a great character but definitely not what I thought he was. I still play him and do okay but I'd rather not have to spend the majority of the match running full screen lasers. Someone help me see the light lmao
You are not alone. I have encountered identical issues. I struggle against players who react to grounded and aerial teleports, approach patiently, take advantage of Darkseid's bad normal attacks, punish stomp, and jump and push block Parademon set ups. Maybe the character does not suit me. Maybe we play the character wrong. Or maybe the character is not as good as we initially thought. I really do not know, but what I do know is that my two week old Red Hood is performing better in most match ups, mostly because of the versatility and an existing footsies game.

You are not alone. I have encountered identical issues. I struggle against players who react to grounded and aerial teleports, approach patiently, take advantage of Darkseid's bad normal attacks, punish stomp, and jump and push block Parademon set ups. Maybe the character does not suit me. Maybe we play the character wrong. Or maybe the character is not as good as we initially thought. I really do not know, but what I do know is that my two week old Red Hood is performing better in most match ups, mostly because of the versatility and an existing footsies game.
Yeah man feels good to know that I'm not alone. While I do still enjoy playing the character I have pretty much stopped using him completely. I hope black manta can replace him for me and fill that third spot. But if not I still play a plethora of characters so I can just fill his spot if not

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Character's not as good as some of you initially thought yet some of us totally called from the start while being labeled downplayers by idiots like your boy P2W.

All the gimmicks in the world can't drag a character with no mids whatsoever and generally shit normals into the top 5. Especially if the only thing not severely overrated by everyone about him is his damage (looking at you, mediocre as fuck zoning, punishable as fuck mix-ups and reactable as fuck teleports).

He's not a bad character by any means but lbsh he's nowhere near god tier either. @TheRealOnlyGoonie knows wussup.

Character's not as good as some of you initially thought yet some of us totally called from the start while being labeled downplayers by idiots like your boy P2W.

All the gimmicks in the world can't drag a character with no mids whatsoever and generally shit normals into the top 5. Especially if the only thing not severely overrated by everyone about him is his damage (looking at you, mediocre as fuck zoning, punishable as fuck mix-ups and reactable as fuck teleports).

He's not a bad character by any means but lbsh he's nowhere near god tier either. @TheRealOnlyGoonie knows wussup.
Yeah I feel this bro.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Every player with a fundamental understanding of this game suspected Darkseid's lack of footsies might be a tremendous weakness. The second post of this thread literally states "Lack of a good, safe mid is going to be a real problem". The question was whether the zoning, the anti-zoning, the Parademon set ups, and the damage output were going to compensate for this conspicuous weakness, and I believe the majority of Darkseid players would say no at this point in the game, yet we could be mistaken.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge

ive been saying he's not as good as people think for a while now.

@EMPEROR_KNICKS how does demon, laser and teleport = combo? u lost me with that reply there.

Working on some stuff for Cheetah. It's easier to stuff her wakeup than I thought. If you do something like knee followed by instant air teleport, you can always do a meaty j2. You just have to press the button a bit later than usual. Her wakeup seems like it loses invincibility after the first swipe, and the first two swipes won't hit you if you're in the air, so as long as you time your jump in attack to hit her during that second swipe, you're good.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
ive been saying he's not as good as people think for a while now.

@EMPEROR_KNICKS how does demon, laser and teleport = combo? u lost me with that reply there.
When the demon runs right ppl react to that so they jump premeptively if u xx up laser or jump laser xx ,so if you think they are going to jump do that than regular tele and you can get a coversion. The most conistent is d2 then stomp or d1 df2 btw.