What's new

Darkseid - General Strategies and Discussion

Was his D1 always +20 on hit?
No, it used to be +10 on hit and -6 on block...

Haha the fly swat of doom knocks you back with such force!

I guess you could look at it positively in that you can use the hit advantage to get back to a more Darkseid-friendly range and you can still jail your b1 and f2.
...so, no - it was impossible to jail into b1, f2 or ia stomp before, but it is possible after the patch

D1 mb b3 and f3 combo now. Maybe they want darkseid just to use d1 to combo and not for hit advantage. D1 mb b3 nets like you 45% damage.
I was playing a multiverse event today and AI Darkseid did a d1xxbounce cancel and it comboed, I thought I was tripping for a moment)
That is actually good, he now has a combo off d1. I would say that is a buff

kcd117

Noob
This buff can be a big deal since now ds can actually punish stuff with his 6 frame poke for good dmg... it is expensive tho, but a buff anyway. It also makes f2 behave like a fake mid that can set up a mixup, staggering f2 and going for a throw, a stomp that can crush some pokes, walk back b1, or even another d1 special to break armor atempts.

Alright, I checked it and yes d1 on hit jails into b1 and f2. It also jails into ia stomp only in the corner because the hitstun animation pushes them out of the range of the fastest stomp midscreen.
D1 is also -5 on block now, but used to be -6)

I see a lot of Darkseids do Ex Omega beams low into overhead minion fullscreen, but you can actually combo into another normal Omega beam for about 250 of damage in total if you make the minion hit first and low ex omega beam right after:

You can do it closer as well, but you will have to release the minion earlier

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
I see a lot of Darkseids do Ex Omega beams low into overhead minion fullscreen, but you can actually combo into another normal Omega beam for about 250 of damage in total if you make the minion hit first and low ex omega beam right after:

You can do it closer as well, but you will have to release the minion earlier
Balanced character.

jk good stuff.

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
I still liked when d1 gave a guaranteed s2 better than I like a guaranteed f2, but I guess if you can do bounce cancels and stuff now then that's better.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Darkseid is completely fine.

Play someone like Wowo if you want to really experience the struggle of playing low tier characters.

Cursa

Darkseid is completely fine.

Play someone like Wowo if you want to really experience the struggle of playing low tier characters.
Play someone like Grodd if you want to really experience the struggle of playing low tier characters

Cursa

In seriousness though I never thought he was like trash tier or anything, he's just... plays IJ2 weird imo.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
In seriousness though I never thought he was like trash tier or anything, he's just... plays IJ2 weird imo.
i'm pretty used to darkseids play style, its mostly about being annoying and going for the risky stuff to get that life lead. Play patiently because you know how hard you can hit to make up any chip or throw damage you may have taken.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I know this video has nothing to do with the competitive side of IJ2 but I really feel that I have to show you guys. I was playing with Darkseid in the Multiverse, and I was facing Cheetah, I tried to hit the Supermove on her and it whiffed, and then Cheetah tried to Grab me while I was still in the Supermove animation and then..... that happened.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
I know this video has nothing to do with the competitive side of IJ2 but I really feel that I have to show you guys. I was playing with Darkseid in the Multiverse, and I was facing Cheetah, I tried to hit the Supermove on her and it whiffed, and then Cheetah tried to Grab me while I was still in the Supermove animation and then..... that happened.

lol poor cheetah. They can't even let her get the full grab damage on this guy :(

E

Eldriken

That's not uncommon. Happens all the time. By holding back after it whiffs, it will come back. The timing is a bit iffy, however.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
That's not uncommon. Happens all the time. By holding back after it whiffs, it will come back. The timing is a bit iffy, however.
Really? I had no idea. I do remember that I've pressed back after the Supermove whiffed in order to block because I thought Cheetah would attack me and not throw me, I guess I've activated that "counter" by pure accident. Thanks for the info dude :)

Last edited: