What's new

Darkseid - General Strategies and Discussion

E

Eldriken

I decided to actually start toying with f23 to see what Darkseid can get off of it.

f23 > j3~df3 is about 30%~ and f23 > j3~MB df3 > b3 > j3~df3 is around 40%~.

However, if you use meter, you have to do the j3~df3 rather late/deep into the bounce animation otherwise df3 misses.

It just sucks that it's a high and fairly slow, so you can't use it in many situations at all unless your opponent is super negative.

But I definitely try and use it more now since it's a much better punish than d1~knee or d1~df2. Just depends on the MU and whether it will even punish.

Also, it's only like -3 on block, so it's at least safe if they block it.

Anyone know of anything better to use after f23?

I decided to actually start toying with f23 to see what Darkseid can get off of it.

However, if you use meter, you have to do the j3~df3 rather late/deep into the bounce animation otherwise df3 misses.

It just sucks that it's a high and fairly slow, so you can't use it in many situations at all unless your opponent is super negative.

But I definitely try and use it more now since it's a much better punish than d1~knee or d1~df2. Just depends on the MU and whether it will even punish.

You can do f23,j3xx stomp mb,b3, deep J3,B1U3MB, j3xxstomp
for some sweet 2 bar damahi))

Not necessarily, I've used both options as well. Unfortunately, we have to risk big to punish big. Maybe use MB Knee after block to push them further away to zone and summon trait? I tend to sometimes end combos with f23 to summon the green parademon to setup the HTB in neutral.

You can do f23,j3xx stomp mb,b3, deep J3,B1U3MB, j3xxstomp
for some sweet 2 bar damahi))
I've always been hesitant to use two bars with Darkseid, I swear being stuck in the corner with no bars or nothing when you far away suck. What are some good situations you use this combo? Do you wait until your opponent clashes or close out the round?

I've always been hesitant to use two bars with Darkseid, I swear being stuck in the corner with no bars or nothing when you far away suck. What are some good situations you use this combo? Do you wait until your opponent clashes or close out the round?
Sometimes Darlseid just needs to end things in 1 combo for the same reason you think it sucks to be stuck without bar - limited neutral. So if you have an opportunity to end a round or a game, or even simply do as much damage as possible before opponent has realized that it was there last chance to clash, you'd better do it and not give them a chance to come back, you will build the bar back)
But forget everything I have said)) there is only one true reason to use this combo - SWAG!

E

Eldriken

The only time I use two bars is for unclashable damage.

I never use b1u3 to extend a combo after MB df3 because the extra bar doesn't seem worth it unless it'll end a match.

E

Eldriken

But wat about dat Swag tho?!?
I don't care about swag. I'd rather do what's simple, yet effective. No sense in possibly messing up a game winning combo because you wanted to showboat.

Just my opinion. Folks who choose to do so are obviously free to do so. I just don't like risking it.

Slavaslave

Professional Casual
I don't care about swag. I'd rather do what's simple, yet effective. No sense in possibly messing up a game winning combo because you wanted to showboat.

Just my opinion. Folks who choose to do so are obviously free to do so. I just don't like risking it.
While I'll usually agree with you, definitely in a competitive setting, I'd say it's fun to know these for casuals with friends.

Oh, I forgot that we are all pros here and only care about winning, because there is always money on the line, and having fun while playing the game isn't a thing at all)

E

Eldriken

Oh, I forgot that we are all pros here and only care about winning, because there is always money on the line, and having fun while playing the game isn't a thing at all)
You may want to read what I said again. I don't even play this game at a super competitive level. I just have my preference on how to play and being swaggy isn't part of it.

I also said if people felt the need to be swaggy, then by all means.

If you find being swaggy fun, that's great. There's nothing wrong with it. But that doesn't mean I have to share the same sentiment as you.

You may want to read what I said again. I don't even play this game at a super competitive level. I just have my preference on how to play and being swaggy isn't part of it.

I also said if people felt the need to be swaggy, then by all means.

If you find being swaggy fun, that's great. There's nothing wrong with it. But that doesn't mean I have to share the same sentiment as you.
You absolutely have to share the same sentiment!!!!there is only one will - the will of Darkseid. And Darkseid is swag!!

E

Eldriken

According to @Rude, the change to Darkseid's d1 on hit animation now pushes your opponent too far back to guarantee an s2 or throw attempt. I wonder if this was intentional.

@colt, just tagging you to ask if this was intentional?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
According to @Rude, the change to Darkseid's d1 on hit animation now pushes your opponent too far back to guarantee an s2 or throw attempt. I wonder if this was intentional.

@colt, just tagging you to ask if this was intentional?

It's really weird but it pushes them really far back now on hit.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Right? What's the point of that?
I just figured you guys were overreacting but I went into training and was like shiet.
It's actually pretty funny I find now just because it's so ridiculous. Darkseid slaps your ankles and you get knocked back 10 metres.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Haha the fly swat of doom knocks you back with such force!

I guess you could look at it positively in that you can use the hit advantage to get back to a more Darkseid-friendly range and you can still jail your b1 and f2.

Arzumis

Noob
D1 mb b3 and f3 combo now. Maybe they want darkseid just to use d1 to combo and not for hit advantage. D1 mb b3 nets like you 45% damage.