What's new

Darkseid - General Strategies and Discussion

"Superman loses neutral vs Darkseid. He has to chase him constantly. Your idea of neutral just consists of sweep range footsies, because that's the only part of neutral that Darkseid loses vs Superman, and he doesn't have to play that game at all." @Tweedy

What do you guys think about this assessment? What are we not seeing that we can utilize in the neutral? What are some techniques and strategies, we should use in the MU?

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
I really like how NRS is treating DS. They know that the wrong buff/nerf in either direction could break the character.

That being seid,
Make explode demon scale less or chase opponent. Make blue fuck track....
Long live Darkseid.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
"Superman loses neutral vs Darkseid. He has to chase him constantly. Your idea of neutral just consists of sweep range footsies, because that's the only part of neutral that Darkseid loses vs Superman, and he doesn't have to play that game at all." @Tweedy

What do you guys think about this assessment? What are we not seeing that we can utilize in the neutral? What are some techniques and strategies, we should use in the MU?
I think it's even. Darkseid wins the zoning war, but superman definitely wins in footsies using F23 or well-timed air dashes J1 from Supes is pretty good at countering tele, and I don't think it's impossible for superman to get in if he plays patiently since it's not like darkseid.

Superman still has to deal with the mix if darkseid uses his trait correctly, and darkseids D1 is good at challenging F23xxTrait from superman. Low laser can be pretty useful if you are able to keep superman just outside of his F2 range and air dashes can be challenged semi-decently with darkseids pretty decent D2, not the best D2 but it is usable.

I don't think darkseid can win the matchup by simply zoning the entire game, he'll get cornered or be forced to go for mix at some point, and then you're in superman's J1 range if you go for tele, or F23 range if you decide to let yourself get cornered. Unlike nearly every other zoner darkseid also can't really MB roll his way out the corner because his roll is literally the trashiest thing I've ever seen.

Just my 2c

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)

Yah tweedys right darkseid in terms of neutral wins the mu, he outzones supes and supes has to get in.

Yah tweedys right darkseid in terms of neutral wins the mu, he outzones supes and supes has to get in.

Shoukd I just focus on keeping full screen and push block the f23 pressure? I figured the HKD after lasers would help, but I'm wondering about my options when the Supes player is in my face.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Shoukd I just focus on keeping full screen and push block the f23 pressure? I figured the HKD after lasers would help, but I'm wondering about my options when the Supes player is in my face.
Well i usually just block,backdash, or reversal knee, supermans pressure is good vs darkseid but usually just blocking or getting away is ur best bet, also since u outzone supes u can mix him easier since his lasers arent fast enough to consistently interrupt ur mix oppurtunities.

Well i usually just block,backdash, or reversal knee, supermans pressure is good vs darkseid but usually just blocking or getting away is ur best bet, also since u outzone supes u can mix him easier since his lasers arent fast enough to consistently interrupt ur mix oppurtunities.
Thank you, Knicks you're the man. I will lab this for sure, let me know when you're in the Orlando area. \m/

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
I hope darksied legendary gear summons a legion of demons with his trait and his super is unblockable.

Omega effect: Darkseid Omega beams dmg are increased based on the less health he has.

Cursa

HAHAHAHAHAHA at 11:02 mark
Yeah I guess if you refuse to walk between ducking lasers, not MB roll at all, or try zoning as a character with slow startup projectiles it works.

Also 11:39 kind of doesn't really help the whole argument if you're just letting him get away with stuff like that.

just_2swift

Yeah I guess if you refuse to walk between ducking lasers, not MB roll at all, or try zoning as a character with slow startup projectiles it works.

Also 11:39 kind of doesn't really help the whole argument if you're just letting him get away with stuff like that.
Didn't see anything wrong at 11:39

Cursa

Well who's fault is that. Also you could have worded your statement better as it caused confusion.
Idk who's fault it is, I'm just saying that this example isn't exactly the best at saying that darkseid can just zone the whole game, but I've changed my mind anyway and reckon it's possible against a fair amount of characters

just_2swift

Idk who's fault it is, I'm just saying that this example isn't exactly the best at saying that darkseid can just zone the whole game, but I've changed my mind anyway and reckon it's possible against a fair amount of characters
I think he can against Adam

Cursa

I think he can against Adam
Probably since IA lasers go over low lightning. Black magic sometimes has some weird air hitbox thing but probably the same thing. Well timed dive kicks probably do well against him though, but that just means you can't spam it I guess.

just_2swift

Probably since IA lasers go over low lightning. Black magic sometimes has some weird air hitbox thing but probably the same thing. Well timed dive kicks probably do well against him though, but that just means you can't spam it I guess.
IA lasers vs ivy is crazy good

Tweedy

Noob
I'm glad Knicks agreed with me.

Idk if Darkseid is top 10 and I think Superman is #5 right now. I'm definitely not downplaying Superman or upplaying Darkseid. He just doesn't out neutral Darkseid because Darkseid doesn't have to play his game.

I've played long sets with Knicks and I don't just get my back blown out and he doesn't either. We've both fleshed out the match up. Superman doesn't get destroyed but it's not as simple as just out neutraling Darkseid from f23 range because Darkseid can and will play outside of f23 range.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
I'm glad Knicks agreed with me.

Idk if Darkseid is top 10 and I think Superman is #5 right now. I'm definitely not downplaying Superman or upplaying Darkseid. He just doesn't out neutral Darkseid because Darkseid doesn't have to play his game.

I've played long sets with Knicks and I don't just get my back blown out and he doesn't either. We've both fleshed out the match up. Superman doesn't get destroyed but it's not as simple as just out neutraling Darkseid from f23 range because Darkseid can and will play outside of f23 range.
Yah me and tweedy play a lot its not awful for supes but darkseid tends to control the pace of the match.

I think darkseid loses imo.
i lost on ranked to a swamp thing and i was like what the heck just happened?
his new slide extension thing plus his general safety now really helps him shut down darkseids zoning. extended slide is a difficult punish for darkseid because of the pushback. prior to the buffs I thought darkseid won almost 7-3 but now I dont really see darkseid keeping swamp thing out and doing much to stop him.

Last edited:

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
i lost on ranked to a swamp thing and i was like what the heck just happened?
his new slide extension thing plus his general safety now really helps him shut down darkseids zoning. prior to the buffs I thought darkseid won almost 7-3 but now I dont really see darkseid keeping swamp thing out and doing much to stop him.
It was probs like 6-4, 5-5 post patch, if swampy knew the mu. Now swampthing gets in for free, gets out neutched, and log is dumb darkseid gets fucked now imo/