What's new

Darkseid - General Strategies and Discussion

geezy89

Weekend Warrior
What are yall doing to punish air escapes? I figured out yesterday that after MB stomp or b1u3 MB, you can dash forward and f23 to punish them as they land from an air escape. You have to turn around before inputting f23 if they do an up escape, but you have time to react to which kind of escape they do, it's not tough. Only problem is that if they don't escape at all you get nothing.

I've noticing the same thing when I play people who air escape a lot. For b1u3, you can dash forward and as you mentioned have enough time to punish either variation of the air escape with f23. However if they don't air escape, you still have time to do a d1df2 as you dash under them (although I still need practice on this to do it more consistently). As for MB stomp, I find going for a jump foward 2 2df2 combo pretty much covers all of their options. They don't bounce as high in the air after MB stomp so it's a lot more difficult to catch them when dashing under if they choose not to air escape. Sucks to give up damage but when I'm getting air escaped every time it's better than nothing.

I've noticing the same thing when I play people who air escape a lot. For b1u3, you can dash forward and as you mentioned have enough time to punish either variation of the air escape with f23. However if they don't air escape, you still have time to do a d1df2 as you dash under them (although I still need practice on this to do it more consistently). As for MB stomp, I find going for a jump foward 2 2df2 combo pretty much covers all of their options. They don't bounce as high in the air after MB stomp so it's a lot more difficult to catch them when dashing under if they choose not to air escape. Sucks to give up damage but when I'm getting air escaped every time it's better than nothing.
Sounds pretty good, I'll give it a shot!

haketh

Noob
We all do. LOL.

@EMPEROR_KNICKS , what is your performance like with post patch Darkseid? In many match ups, I am doing better with my one week Red Hood than my Darkseid. I am very close to switching.
It's actually due to how bad he is up close & them making Ankh safer on block that I think Fate has the advantage now. Fate can stay at a mid range & just beat us up bad with better neutral.

I believe the top 10 Darksied narrative has to be put to an end. The characters design is polarizing, surely. Indeed, he has great damage and HTB setups, but abyssmal neutral and unsafe string and hot ass for normals. I've been using other characters as well and having the ability to be safe and having tools in neutral levitates the headaches.

I'm certain Darkseid mains, who have used other characters know what I mean by feeling relieved to have some options. He's damage is good, but other characters seem capable or do comparable damage with better tools/options.

Slavaslave

Professional Casual
Im still doing very well, nothing has really changed and imo i think darkseid is top 5 as well.
Do you have any suggestions for setups now that people are fuzzying the basics? I'm finding it hard to open people up, and I get punished hard after pretty much anything.

Trait teleport stomp/b1 is getting blocked consistently, same with air teleport setups. I feel like I'm missing something with this character.

Also, good showing at home town heroes dude

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Do you have any suggestions for setups now that people are fuzzying the basics? I'm finding it hard to open people up, and I get punished hard after pretty much anything.

Trait teleport stomp/b1 is getting blocked consistently, same with air teleport setups. I feel like I'm missing something with this character.

Also, good showing at home town heroes dude
Thanks man, and you can not fuzzy darkseids mixups, since you can delay the low and they are almost the same speed, if they are fuzzing it by going down then up, just delay instant low stomp, or do a neutral jump 2 or 3. If your mixups are getting blocked constantly, you are being predictable.

Slavaslave

Professional Casual
Thanks man, and you can not fuzzy darkseids mixups, since you can delay the low and they are almost the same speed, if they are fuzzing it by going down then up, just delay instant low stomp, or do a neutral jump 2 or 3. If your mixups are getting blocked constantly, you are being predictable.
Thanks for the advice, I hadn't thought of delaying the IA stomp.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
@EMPEROR_KNICKS What do you think are his worst match ups after the patch? Are there any that you feel like you need to switch characters for?

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Thanks for the advice, I hadn't thought of delaying the IA stomp.
its a bit of conditioning tho.

also, my problem with darkseid is that a lot of his trait setups outside the corner arent all that real, especially the ones where you teleport in after sending trait. kinda wish they couldnt pushblock the parademon

also theres a whole bunch of different ways to mix, ji3/ji2 throw, ji3/ji2 delay stomp , ji3/ji2 b1u3, and if u think they're gonna press buttons in between to blow you up. mixup do ji2 22~mb knee, leaving you plus 2 for a throw, another d1,a mix attempt, etc. or hitconfirm 22 into mbb3 for a full combo.

Last edited:
I can't seem to find where his matches start. >.>
Knicks vs Cossner is at 25:00 (switches from Superman to Darkseid later in the set). Knicks vs Kevo is at 46:30. Knicks vs Bdon is right at the one hour mark. Ideally whoever runs the NRS twitch would have made these all highlights so that we don't have to go looking through a five hour archive, but what can you do.

E

Eldriken

Knicks vs Cossner is at 25:00 (switches from Superman to Darkseid later in the set). Knicks vs Kevo is at 46:30. Knicks vs Bdon is right at the one hour mark. Ideally whoever runs the NRS twitch would have made these all highlights so that we don't have to go looking through a five hour archive, but what can you do.
Thanks. =)