What's new

Cyborg General Discussion Thread

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Nobody is saying he needs it. Make the startup 18, lower the range, take away the wakeup invincibility. Or get rid of Cyborg's command grab entirely. Right now it's one of the most pointless moves in the game.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
That was his neutral in igau but it was changed to a high because it was advantage full screen which caused an infinite.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Imho it should just never be a mid command grab due to the tick throws he gets access to, stubby limbs or not. You're -3 and close to Cyborg you're now in tick throw range.

If you make it mid but reduce the distance/increase startup it doesn't solve anything but just gives him 50/50's for some reason.

Just make it a mid somehow that can either by MB'd to be safe or make it like -8 with some pushback. If they do that I'd be good with the startup being reduced or something of the like.

Also I think you can backdash F1 1+3 from Starfire which is tricky, and MB tackle is indeed +24 on hit in the frame data. But I'm assuming it's wrong somehow. It is also a semi-invincible wakeup but nobody even bothers trying to stuff it since both of his wakeups you just block low.

Last edited:
Make F2 a hard knockdown...
I actually agree with this even more. When the opponent is hit airborne f2 it created a hkd. They would be forced to block the incoming TA and the blockstrings, building him meter and even some 5050 situations with trait (albiet little damage resulting)

Too bad on stream they said their not doing a patch this time smdh

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might

just_2swift

Oh i know. But he was worse overall in inj1, he didnt have standard injustice combos in that game. He didnt have a launcher to do set ups with and he didnt have a trait that let him get them out for almost free.
Oh i know. But he was worse overall in inj1, he didnt have standard injustice combos in that game. He didnt have a launcher to do set ups with and he didnt have a trait that let him get them out for almost free.
Now in the corner he did he was basically a corner charater with no mid screen but corner? He could melt a life bar. Remember 113 was also a restand into overhead with a delayed b2 you could create some tough situations. So what he lacked mid screen he made up for it in the corner. But the one thing that hurt him most was the clash system. He would do all that work getting them to the corner and get all there health back and reset the neutral.

I think I found a way to do the reset mid screen but it's costly 3 bars... But I think it's worth 80% dmg
Is it practical or niche? The corner one i know is actually really practical and I've landed it almost everytime i get someone in the corner and they get tagged by the b231 and i have one/two bars

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might

Kekoa

Noob
I was labbing some pressure stuff and found this:

It seems like if trait and your string hit on the same frame it causes you to be negative. Is this some sort of game mechanic? The last few clips I recorded show that blocking high, superman is unable to punish. Blocking low however, I'm able to get up to a 16 frame punish. Can someone explain this to me lol.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Now in the corner he did he was basically a corner charater with no mid screen but corner? He could melt a life bar. Remember 113 was also a restand into overhead with a delayed b2 you could create some tough situations. So what he lacked mid screen he made up for it in the corner. But the one thing that hurt him most was the clash system. He would do all that work getting them to the corner and get all there health back and reset the neutral.
It was a restand IF they didn't tech roll or tech roll them wake up. Plus that's only 8% damage into a hard to click which mid screen would be like 38% making it 46% one bar this game mid screen he'd get a set up into a hard to block making it all at least 65%. That's a big damage difference if the missiles were overhead. I just think they'd be op especially if we can get this midscreen trait reset to work

just_2swift

Dayum son you been holding out what else you got in the vault. Im guilty myself I have other stuff too. Like f22 crossing up on wake up meat off a set up