What's new

Cyborg General Discussion Thread

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
I wish I can say " because he would be a viable african american superhero that can go toe to toe with the other characters...." LOL
Normally seeing things like this I would turn a blind eye but at this point playing him since 2013 and still being ass 4 years later I can see this as a possible reason but never the less. I love the character but his design is his biggest crutch because his kit makes no sense. It seems like your suppose to blow them into TA with sonic disrupter? It actually works but SD is too slow.

da800don

Noob
Hey guys, I think I found a possible counter for darkseids teleport/overhead/low attack. As he jumps and you see the red starting to form, dash toward him (this means you back dashed by time his teleport finishes) and immediately jump 2 then whatever combo you want. Id mixin a bounce cancel in there from time to time. Can someone lab this and post the result. Im on PC and down know how to record it yet. Thanks Cyborg brothas and sistahs.

da800don

Noob
After a Cyborg player has downloaded Supergirls teleport block and has it down packed, he is her worst nightmare. I punish hard with a 3, pfmb,f22 or GRAB or 3, pfmb, pf.

Had this one dude pissed off today because he chose supergirl after losing his first match. Thought he was gonna spam teleport overheads all day. ahahahah!!! Took that boy to work!

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
After a Cyborg player has downloaded Supergirls teleport block and has it down packed, he is her worst nightmare. I punish hard with a 3, pfmb,f22 or GRAB or 3, pfmb, pf.

Had this one dude pissed off today because he chose supergirl after losing his first match. Thought he was gonna spam teleport overheads all day. ahahahah!!! Took that boy to work!
Upload

da800don

Noob
Heres a video of me punishing Supergirl in practice mode. (Practice mode is how you "GIT GUD".)

Also, I turn off the music and bump up the sound effects. You can hear her "whooshing" sound cue.

da800don

Noob
Heres a vid of me playing a darkseid online. For characters who teleport (black manta, supergirl, darkseid) let them hang themselves with their teleport. Thats the only way make them respect you. By blocking teleport and punishing them, they cant help but respect you. If they spam, well.....theyll die. LOL

I know i mentioned this before but if you mb a F/B3 (even if you hold it) when trait hits it does more damage (and chip damage) this actually also works for TA
I seriously need to start doing this more. The more chip damage the better, going to see how I can intergrate this. Starting to intergrate tick throws back into my game as of recent

Last edited:

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
I

Honestly i like the idea not done think itd work. Cyborg has no real overhead and tt is a high so after anything people will duck and it'll go over them and it's recovery is like a billion frames lol
Well I would do it as a set up because it's sets now on ranked and I've been noticing when I end pfmb into f2 into TA or 4 they somehow want to backdash or tech roll maybe we can throw it in to make them not run away and stay in our +fs

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I fought an Enchantress last night. Having never actually seen any of her gameplay, and not really knowing anything about the character, I basically spent the whole matching going "What the duck was that?". Seems like she could be a strong anti zoner, which could give Cyborg problems, although I'm wondering if a good Cyborg player could bait out her reflection shield thing by delaying Nova Blast.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
I fought an Enchantress last night. Having never actually seen any of her gameplay, and not really knowing anything about the character, I basically spent the whole matching going "What the duck was that?". Seems like she could be a strong anti zoner, which could give Cyborg problems, although I'm wondering if a good Cyborg player could bait out her reflection shield thing by delaying Nova Blast.
Haven't faced her yet but I'm looking forward to it. Is her reflected projectile a mid or high?

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Haven't faced her yet but I'm looking forward to it. Is her reflected projectile a mid or high?
I think it's a mid, but I can't say for sure. I don't know if it depends on the projectile fired or not. One thing to note is that the height of the reflected projectile was dependant on where it was hitting her shield thing, so a regular NB was basically reflected at the same level, while a diagonal down NB was reflected more at foot level.

Reactions: Ram