What's new

Cyborg General Discussion Thread

da800don

Noob
Bro, Im so effin tired of black manta. I can handle the water teleport crap, but how do you counter his shark attack crap? I dont see a viable punish from Cyborg. IDK.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Bro, Im so effin tired of black manta. I can handle the water teleport crap, but how do you counter his shark attack crap? I dont see a viable punish from Cyborg. IDK.
I honestly think this is one of Borg's worst MU's.
If you're in the corner and he's doing his d1 laser shenanigans, it's game over, he literally has zero options, maybe grapple

Snibbor

Yarrrr Matey
Yeah but Manta basically has infinite meter anyways
If Manta does anything other than block after BF1 MB, cyborg's DB3 will check all of his options after except a jump in or a d1, jump in you can anti air, and DB3 trades with d1 in Cyborg's favor. Manta can just walk back after MB laser and whiff punish Borg's DB3, but that's a read and he's giving up his turn anyway to do that. I think you're exaggerating the strength of Mantas laser, Cyborg definitely has options.

Last edited:

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
If Manta does anything other than block after BF1 MB, cyborg's DB3 will check all of his options after except a jump in or a d1, jump in you can anti air, and DB3 trades with d1 in Cyborg's favor. Manta can just walk back after MB laser and whiff punish Borg's DB3, but that's a read and he's giving up his turn anyway to do that. I think you're exaggerating the strength of Mantas laser, Cyborg definitely has options.
Just make tackle an overhead attack. Problem solved. I Know ppl will not approve of this but I'll take another new move from NRS so pick your Poison lol:)

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Well when I played a Dev they told me they made cyborg bad in this game just like the last game
SMH I knew it at launch he was worse than his igau counter part. But in ketchup and mustard breakdown vid before release he was the Same outside of the new power fist and new nova blast. 113 still caused a restand TA were overhead d1 was plus 2 sonic disrupter was plus 2 landing a j2 from GH allowed a b3 to connect for meterless dmg. All this was changed before release.

I believe him

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
SMH I knew it at launch he was worse than his igau counter part. But in ketchup and mustard breakdown vid before release he was the Same outside of the new power fist and new nova blast. 113 still caused a restand TA were overhead d1 was plus 2 sonic disrupter was plus 2 landing a j2 from GH allowed a b3 to connect for meterless dmg. All this was changed before release.

I believe him
Do you have a link to that? That stinks they changed him before launch.

All this commotion about instant airs gets me upset I do them but they help only so much, how does one beat hellboy I can't even shoot at him they all teabag once they see I can't trade :mad: lol....

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
All this commotion about instant airs gets me upset I do them but they help only so much, how does one beat hellboy I can't even shoot at him they all teabag once they see I can't trade :mad: lol....
Please watch the recent war of the gods where dragon played against Dab’s hellboy. It seems like the key to that MU is to sit and wait, don’t try to trade. When he leaps, anti-air accordingly. Play patient!

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Please watch the recent war of the gods where dragon played against Dab’s hellboy. It seems like the key to that MU is to sit and wait, don’t try to trade. When he leaps, anti-air accordingly. Play patient!
Pretty sure Dragon lost that set didn't he?
It showed that he was willing to sit there and d2 but then he started cancelling his leaps and baiting the d2 and crossing him up and then it's all over. His leap is so fast and the fact that he can air dash out of them and cancel that into a low is annoying

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Pretty sure Dragon lost that set didn't he?
It showed that he was willing to sit there and d2 but then he started cancelling his leaps and baiting the d2 and crossing him up and then it's all over. His leap is so fast and the fact that he can air dash out of them and cancel that into a low is annoying
Cancelling the leaps and baiting the d2 is fine since nothing ends up happening and the neutral is reset: your d2 whiffs, but Hellboy doesn't leap in. I don't know what to say in regards to the cross-ups shenanigans :/

Does anyone have any use for up Sonic disrupter?
I used to use it a lot back in injustice 1, but they nerfed the frames on it (from +2 to -2 I think?). The range also feels shorter as well.

Despite this, I actually began using it again and I think it's an excellent footsie tool to check dashes. Most of my success from using it involves doing it at max range when zoning with fireballs. It's a like a change-up; you check with nova blasts, and just as they are getting the timing you hit them with a sonic disruptor.

EDIT: Oh, you said "up" sonic disruptor. I think it can be used in corner combos, and in some instances plus frames in the corner also. I have yet to use it mid screen lol. Better off doing d2, or diagonal NB.