What's new

Guide Cyber Sub-Zero Combo & Juggle Thread

I just realized that he can do his x-ray off of a low hit. B+3,2, x-ray for 39% damage. It isn't that much but to be able to do that off of a low hit seems crazy to me.

An easy combo with this is JiP, 2,1, ice ball, JiP,b+3,2, x-ray for 48% damage. Very easy to pull off compared to other midscreen x-ray combos.

I totally feel like I missed the short bus by just now figuing this out. On top of that the day before I had just realized that you could hold Smoke's Shake move. :doh:

Wrathchild

Land Stander
I don't now if this has been mentioned yet but the combo I like to use is:

Jump-in punch, 2,1 xx Ice Ball, jump-in punch, 2,1,1+2, dash, F1, 4 (I just hold forward when the 1 connects) 38%

This is the most consistent combo I can land and does a lot of damage mid screen.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
K Something in this game is inconsistent:

This combo is sometimes 34% and sometimes 31%.
Sometimes Ill not input the slide and it will give me 31% but other times when I land it it will do 31% or 34%

Jp, 3, 4, dash, B+2, 2, EX Ice Ball, dash, dash, F+2, 2, 1, Silde

I tried it quite a few times

zee

Icy
K Something in this game is inconsistent:

This combo is sometimes 34% and sometimes 31%.
Sometimes Ill not input the slide and it will give me 31% but other times when I land it it will do 31% or 34%

Jp, 3, 4, dash, B+2, 2, EX Ice Ball, dash, dash, F+2, 2, 1, Silde

I tried it quite a few times
I'm pretty sure this happens when we aren't quick enough in connecting 3,4 after the jip. This means jip was not actually a part of the combo.
I experienced something similar with human Sub-Zero's b+1,2 string after a jip, which is also a relatively slow string (compared to strings like Cyber Sub's jip 2,1,1+2 or Sub's jip 2,2).

Bottom line is, if you consciously try to do 3,4 quickly after a jip, you should get 34% every time. This also means that if you were slow in connecting 3,4 after a jip, the 3,4 is blockable.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I'm pretty sure this happens when we aren't quick enough in connecting 3,4 after the jip. This means jip was not actually a part of the combo.
I experienced something similar with human Sub-Zero's b+1,2 string after a jip, which is also a relatively slow string (compared to strings like Cyber Sub's jip 2,1,1+2 or Sub's jip 2,2).

Bottom line is, if you consciously try to do 3,4 quickly after a jip, you should get 34% every time. This also means that if you were slow in connecting 3,4 after a jip, the 3,4 is blockable.
ah yes you are right sir i just did it again lol

Yea sometimes even the 2 from 2,1,1+2 will get blocked online if you don't input it fluidly and quickly with the jump-in punch

Was messing around and in the corner I was doing 3,4, 3,4, 3,4, slide. Not the greatest thing but I imagine it would be annoying as hell to anyone you do it against. It works after a jip,2,1,freeze and you can also do 3,3, slide at the end but the timing is really tight

Altaire

Noob
Was messing around and in the corner I was doing 3,4, 3,4, 3,4, slide. Not the greatest thing but I imagine it would be annoying as hell to anyone you do it against. It works after a jip,2,1,freeze and you can also do 3,3, slide at the end but the timing is really tight
This is actually a lot more practical off 2 1 freeze -> jump in punch 2 1 1+2, and only if they aren't close enough to the corner to do a neutral jump punch afterwards. If you push them up against the corner with the 2 1 1+2, you can dash up and 3 4 3 4 3 3 slide. If you have them in the corner the whole time, you're better off with:

2 1 freeze, jump in punch 2 1 1+2, NJP standing 4, 3 4 3 3 slide - 44%, I believe. This is the combo I came up with, anyway. There are variations that use 2 1 1+2 twice, but I found my combo to be more fluid, since an additional 2 1 1+2 requires a backdash and a delay.

The main appeal of 3 4 3 4 3 4 (3 3) slide is that you can launch it off his 50/50 mixup, though it's so easy to fuzzy guard that it doesn't make a whole lot of difference. Also, I find 3 4, 3 4, 3 3 2 slide is easier to time than 3 4, 3 4, 3 4 slide, since it has a lot less just frames (you actually overshoot the combo if your timing is too tight), so you have a little bit of room for drag time after every string input. If you have trouble getting all three strings in a 3 4, 3 4, 3 4 slide, you might want to try this instead, especially online.

^ good stuff
I also found that you can do 3,4 3,4 f+2,2,1, ice ball (yes it will freeze them but very low, just make sure the 1 connects), 3,3, slide. Though obviously this isn't gonna work after another freeze so it's a stand alone combo. This 3,4 stuff might not be as nice as the 2,1,2+1 combos but I like them for people who crouch block.

Question about resets. Am I correct in assuming that a reset is when a combo grounds someone and ends but another move connects as they stand up and starts a new combo and the only way out is blocking?

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
I can't compile every combo listed here in the first two posts. Not enough space.

I'll probably post only current bnbs/resets/bomb trap bnbs to facilitate reading and learning for new players interested in learning this character.

Venth

Noob
mid-screen x-ray combo 8 hits 56%

Original cyber sub zero mid-screen x-ray combo. Largest I'm aware of. Current as of latest patch. 8 hits 56%

Altaire

Noob
^ good stuff
I also found that you can do 3,4 3,4 f+2,2,1, ice ball (yes it will freeze them but very low, just make sure the 1 connects), 3,3, slide. Though obviously this isn't gonna work after another freeze so it's a stand alone combo. This 3,4 stuff might not be as nice as the 2,1,2+1 combos but I like them for people who crouch block.

Question about resets. Am I correct in assuming that a reset is when a combo grounds someone and ends but another move connects as they stand up and starts a new combo and the only way out is blocking?
Yeah, I've used 3 4, 3 4, F2 2 1 iceball. I keep thinking there will be some profound purpose for it, but I can only ever rack up 34% with it, which is all you get with 3 4, 3 4, 3 4 slide or 3 4, 3 4, 3 3 2 slide. On the upside, you CAN X-ray them while they're frozen, so I suppose there's that. In the event that you want to close up a match or get some unbreakable damage off his 3 4, you could always do that.

Also, not sure if it's been mentioned, but you can combo off an ice bomb with B3 2 X-ray for 41%. I don't see the point when U4 slide is 31%, though.

Venth

Noob
That's a good amount of damage but its far from useful.
You're right, its not practical, but i like to see what tylerlantern does for midscreen xrays and try to beat him for fun, plus you learn a lot about combos while practicing.

If you like the look of the combo, try this: its very easy and i made this one up along the way.

Face to Face with opponent:

Medium Iceball, B1, 2, dash, B3, 2, Xray. 8 hits 50%

As soon as you eject the iceball immediately do your B1, 2 combo, double sword smash and will knock the opponent into the iceball perfectly every time. then just move up and do the B3, 2, Xray.

Theres not much timing to it except for the dash which is pretty easy. Lets face it 2,1, iceball is great but its visually a yawner. double ice sword smash into a bomb looks sweet.

The bottom line is, after a starting jump punch, B1 will combo directly into the standard freeze ball projectile just like 2,1, freezeball. 2.1 freeze is admittedly way more practical because its easily landable without a jump punch setup. The B1, freezeball really works best with a jump punch opener.

The best meterless corner combo by far is:

21~ice ball, jump-in punch, 211+2, njp, 211+2, 34, (splat), dash back~close bomb.

40% plus a bomb sitting right under them as they get up

are the combos in the first post still relevant? thinking of picking up Cybernetic Sub Zero-san and my usual procedure is to print out a list of his BNB's and shit. But i notice its from april.

Piggy

City Slicker
I'm kinda afraid to show off my combo xray reset. Altaire saw it, I just need to perfect it.

Sent from my phizzone