What's new

Guide Cyber Sub-Zero Combo & Juggle Thread

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
Online I mostly use the JIP, 2-1, iceball, jip, 2-1-1+2, dash, jumpkick, (ex) far divekick.
It's not that hard, even online it works nearly 100% of the time, and with ex it does 40% damage, without ex 34% i believe.
And i love that at the 80% of time i slide in after that and they wont block.

The other thing that i play with now is the jip, 3-mid bomb, f4, happines.
I like that trap because there is not much of a time your opponent can react between your bomb and your f3. Oh, it works well if your opponent blocks.
And if your opponent blocks the bomb will always freeze. So after that just juggle fest. It's just that i hate how you have to time your attacks
after you hit with the bomb.

I don't know if this was posted here or not but here is a 39% no meter corner combo:

Jump in 2 2 1 Ice ball, Jump in 2 2 1 1+2, Neutral Jump Punch, U4.

Piggy

City Slicker
I don't know if this was posted here or not but here is a 39% no meter corner combo:

Jump in 2 2 1 Ice ball, Jump in 2 2 1 1+2, Neutral Jump Punch, U4.
If you do U4 at the end, you could throw out a slide or an ice ball... Just saiyan....

Piggy

City Slicker
Awesome I didn't know that because I don't play Cyber Sub. I was just looking at his new costume then I started playing around with him.
Oh, you will love and learn cyber sub. One of the best characters in game. Just remember to mix up your combos. Keep your opponent guessing. Pressure is key and low and overhead works perfectly.

Sent from my phizzone

Oh, you will love and learn cyber sub. One of the best characters in game. Just remember to mix up your combos. Keep your opponent guessing. Pressure is key and low and overhead works perfectly.

Sent from my phizzone
Yeah I'm starting to love him.
I got a new combo. Midscreen 38%:
Jump in 2 2 1 freeze, jump in 2 2 1 1+2, dash, f+1 4
Fairly easy to do.

Piggy

City Slicker
Yeah I'm starting to love him.
I got a new combo. Midscreen 38%:
Jump in 2 2 1 freeze, jump in 2 2 1 1+2, dash, f+1 4
Fairly easy to do.
Try jip 2 1 freeze jip 2 1 2+1 dash B2 2 slide. It's an extremely easy combo.

Sent from my phizzone

Piggy

City Slicker
Wanting to know this. Is there a possibility to juggle with an EX teleport?

Sent from my phizzone

EX Teleport > d+3 xx Slide (16%) :bigsmile:

You can do more if you hit an aerial opponent with EX Teleport, but the most damaging follow-ups are situational and difficult, especially since Cyber Sub-Zero often faces the wrong direction afterward. If anything, I'd just replace d+3 with d+1/d+4 or maybe go for dj.3/4 xx Dive Kick or d+1 xx Ice Beam > f+2,2,1 xx Slide if the opponent is high enough.

Piggy

City Slicker
That's what I thought. I tried everything and couldn't find anything.

Also have a new combo, will post vid in a little bit!
OK So I saw this on Super VS Battle. Credit goes to UsedforGlue.

JIP 2 1 Freeze JIP 2 1 1+2 NJP B2 4 XRAY THAT BITCH!

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Cyber Sub-Zero's 45% Midscreen Combo without use of Super Meter:

Cyber Sub-Zero's 46% Midscreen Combo with one Enhance Bar used:

xTac

Noob
piggy said:
Yes... its "usefull" in the corner.

Midscreen is hard to get it right and no real purpose afaik right now, have to test more.

The_Riddler said:
piggy said:
That's what I thought. I tried everything and couldn't find anything.
Not true guys.

You can check this out in a combo vid i uploaded 2 days ago. The last combo is a corner 50% with the use of the EX tele juggle.
MANY of these are just for show obviously but there are some usefull ones too. And there may be a few that are not maxed to full potential. Im moving and starting a new job so its very hard for me to record new stuff, most of it were my submissions to the TYM project i just added some cool music over and an intro/outro. I have a few more funky ones i want to record but no time right now. Will try to do an extended version with decent editing soon.

EDIT: around 2:50 another ex tele corner juggle and around 3:15 theres a midscreen combo out of ex tele juggle (nothing special though)

Yes... its "usefull" in the corner.

Midscreen is hard to get it right and no real purpose afaik right now, have to test more.

Not true guys.

You can check this out in a combo vid i uploaded 2 days ago. The last combo is a corner 50% with the use of the EX tele juggle.
MANY of these are just for show obviously but there are some usefull ones too. And there may be a few that are not maxed to full potential. Im moving and starting a new job so its very hard for me to record new stuff, most of it were my submissions to the TYM project i just added some cool music over and an intro/outro. I have a few more funky ones i want to record but no time right now. Will try to do an extended version with decent editing soon.

EDIT: around 2:50 another ex tele corner juggle and around 3:15 theres a midscreen combo out of ex tele juggle (nothing special though)
When I said "no," I meant "no useful ways to combo." That one in your video showed 50% with a jump-in and an EX Slide at the end, not to mention the fact that EX Teleport uses a meter itself. Cyber Sub can do at least 46% with zero meter and no jump-in in the corner. My statement stands, until someone comes up with damage that is worth using a bar for, the answer is "no."

You're right, its not practical, but i like to see what tylerlantern does for midscreen xrays and try to beat him for fun, plus you learn a lot about combos while practicing.

If you like the look of the combo, try this: its very easy and i made this one up along the way.

Face to Face with opponent:

Medium Iceball, B1, 2, dash, B3, 2, Xray. 8 hits 50%

As soon as you eject the iceball immediately do your B1, 2 combo, double sword smash and will knock the opponent into the iceball perfectly every time. then just move up and do the B3, 2, Xray.

Theres not much timing to it except for the dash which is pretty easy. Lets face it 2,1, iceball is great but its visually a yawner. double ice sword smash into a bomb looks sweet.

The bottom line is, after a starting jump punch, B1 will combo directly into the standard freeze ball projectile just like 2,1, freezeball. 2.1 freeze is admittedly way more practical because its easily landable without a jump punch setup. The B1, freezeball really works best with a jump punch opener.
i cant tell if your trolling or not. i think you are.

who cares what the combo looks like? im trying to win not dress my barbies up and show off my new pair of sunglasses.

im doing the practical and much safer 21 starter as it deals more damage, is helluva lot quicker and doesnt really on a medium bomb to go into the xray. Sure your combo is flashy but thats not gonna get you far. I wanna see you try to shoot an medium ice ball point blank at someone who knows what they are doing.

not practical at all dude. sorry. im sure someone could find a 60% x ray midscreen with nicely placed bombs assuming your opponent has no clue how to play MK9.

and b1 doesnt work best after a jump in punch, you can hit confirm 21 better and 21 deals more damage. sorry bud :/

xTac

Noob
That one in your video showed 50% with a jump-in and an EX Slide at the end, not to mention the fact that EX Teleport uses a meter itself. Cyber Sub can do at least 46% with zero meter and no jump-in in the corner.
Sure... i agree with that 100%

When I said "no," I meant "no useful ways to combo."
I think it is a bit of a stretch to expect that a "no" answer in a forum will be interpreted as "no usefull ways to combo".

Just trying to help/clarify things...

jtom

Noob
thinking about picking up CSZ... but my main concern is that every combo in this thread starts with 2,1,IB.

what are CSZ's primary low & overhead combos?

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
thinking about picking up CSZ... but my main concern is that every combo in this thread starts with 2,1,IB.

what are CSZ's primary low & overhead combos?
3,4 Slide (Or 3,4 B+2,2 Slide. Although it's harder to hit confirm)

or

3, 3, 2 Slide (Or 3, 3, Ex Freeze Combo. Also harder to hit confirm)

Honestly though that overhead low mixup is super easy to fuzzy guard. It is a scrub killer though and can be good in the corner. Realistically what you want to do with cyber sub is use 2,1 and then mixup with either 1+2 as a check or jump back divekick or throw, or block, or parry, etc. 2,1 repeated is decent pressure unless you're online where it gets much harder to use.