What's new

Guide Cyber Sub-Zero Combo & Juggle Thread

Flagg

Noob
There are a couple of things. If you throw a medium bomb, then dash in with something like 21 close bomb, the second bomb will launch before the first one explodes, they freeze then you can hit them onto the next bomb but you need to usually slide after you hit them out of freeze. Of course this is dependent on the opponent just standing there. I think you could F221 medium bomb, dash, 2 close bomb to get two bombs going at once, however this isn't a trap but it can make someone panic if they are unfamiliar with the match up.

I've been trying to play around with his F1 into medium bomb, then dashing in for pressure combined with another bomb. I find people dont use his bombs enough and I find them a Godsend in matches against Human Sub Zero and Johnny Cage.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
That sounds good, I'm gonna try that out. What about 2 medium bombs? I think I know how, maybe I'll make a video out of it, along some other semi useful combos and post them here

Flagg

Noob
That sounds good, I'm gonna try that out. What about 2 medium bombs? I think I know how, maybe I'll make a video out of it, along some other semi useful combos and post them here
im sure if you try two medium bombs, nothing will come out his chest locker on the second attempt. At the moment I prefer using naked bombs at full or midscreen to make my opponent move. They're a good controlling tool. Of course using a bomb to end a combo over a slide is another option. Using them in block strings can be risky but I occasionally like F221 into close bomb.

EDIT: NinjaGrinder, also watch this:

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
wow, that was some nice stuff, I'm definitely learning that and including it in my gameplay. I picked him recently ( I main mostly Smoke/Cyrax) so this is really helpful. Thanks

As for the 2 medium bombs combo, I came up with this:

I know it's not practical since nobody will just stand there after you drop a bomb on them, but I wanted to incorporate the concept of 2 medium bombs in a single combo. Tell me what you think

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
wow, that was some nice stuff, I'm definitely learning that and including it in my gameplay. I picked him recently ( I main mostly Smoke/Cyrax) so this is really helpful. Thanks

As for the 2 medium bombs combo, I came up with this:

I know it's not practical since nobody will just stand there after you drop a bomb on them, but I wanted to incorporate the concept of 2 medium bombs in a single combo. Tell me what you think
Well you pretty much hit the nail on the head. Impractical. I think bombs should be used as a tool to sort of force your opponent to act rather than to be used as a combo extender.

I do like it when bombs freeze though :)

Lazoruz

Closer to the coffin, but still kicking..!
Cyber Sub-Zero's Bomb Trap:

Up4, (cancle) into FF3(bomb), Dash, Up4, (cancle) into FF3(bomb) ...rinse repeat

No way for them to escape until you get them to the corner and do the 3,4 mix-up + conner combo.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Cyber Sub-Zero's Bomb Trap:

Up4, (cancle) into FF3(bomb), Dash, Up4, (cancle) into FF3(bomb) ...rinse repeat

No way for them to escape until you get them to the corner and do the 3,4 mix-up + conner combo.
But if they block your U4, can't they jump out as you are throwing the bomb?
I can never land this 'Up4, (cancel) into FF3' consistently.

lawgamer

Noob
Can't find his best combos after bomb freeze and bomb launch. It happens rarely for me, but when it does what should I combo with?