What's new

Discussion cR SonicFox's Top 5 Characters List (02/11/16)

Tweedy

Noob
This thread is dumb.

I've been "blown up", 100% due to assumptions.

Sonic 100% thinks that Shinnok is #1 because of Wound. Lets see all of these people, including Sonic, use Shinnok at NEC, if not.

It's time to pay the bill lol.

Don't use Shinnok in one game, not in casuals. Obviously Sonic could pick a turd and beat people in casuals or win one match. Lets see people who weren't good with Shinnok already, place with Shinnok. Is that too much to ask? Two different people placed with both Acidic and Tarkatan. Why can't we get any new people on Shinnok?

All of these people want to act like Shinnok is top 5, while they comfortably use the real top 5. I'm not out to give shit to Sonic or whoever. I don't even use Shinnok. It's just hilarious how hard people try to not give Wound his props.

I respect players like Sonic, Pig, Reo, who all think Shinnok is top 5, but IMO they're hella wrong. I'd like to see how prominent Shinnok is at NEC, outside of Wound.

Don't give me "well only this guy used this character before blah blah". Alien had multiple people placing. With all of the nerfs, SOMEONE good has to pick up this supposed #1 character, right?

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
This thread is dumb.

Sonic 100% thinks that Shinnok is #1 because of Wound. Lets see all of these people, including Sonic, use Shinnok at NEC, if not.

Don't use Shinnok in one game, not in casuals. Obviously Sonic could pick a turd and beat people in casuals or win one match. Lets see people who weren't good with Shinnok already, place with Shinnok. Is that too much to ask? Two different people placed with both Acidic and Tarkatan. Why can't we get any new people on Shinnok?

All of these people want to act like Shinnok is top 5, while they comfortably use the real top 5. I'm not out to give shit to Sonic or whoever. I don't even use Shinnok. It's just hilarious how hard people try to not give Wound his props.

I respect players like Sonic, Pig, Reo, who all think Shinnok is top 5, but IMO they're hella wrong. I'd like to see how prominent Shinnok is at NEC, outside of Wound.

Don't give me "well only this guy used this character before blah blah". Alien had multiple people placing. With all of the nerfs, SOMEONE good has to pick up this supposed #1 character, right?
by that logic, superbroke pre-nerf Quan wasn't the best character in the game

this is a miniscule community, a character only having one player doesn't really mean shit, and if looking at results for a character's placing its usually only ever done off one player making waves with a character

Tweedy

Noob
by that logic, superbroke pre-nerf Quan wasn't the best character in the game

this is a miniscule community, a character only having one player doesn't really mean shit, and if looking at results for a character's placing its usually only ever done off one player making waves with a character
Michaelangelo placed with super broke Quan, Foreverking placed with super broke Quan.

I just want to see somebody besides Wound.

Quan wasn't even the definite #1. If Shinnok is really #1, why can't 4-5 people place with him, like with Alien?

I know that's too much too ask, considering Shinnok really isn't top 5, but lets see one person besides Wound at NEC?

kthxbye

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
This thread is dumb.

i wont argue whether or not Shinnok is top 5, but when ppl say hell spurks are overrated because a bunch characters can punish them by 10% on a trade, well, that triggers me a little.

Last edited:

Pygmy_Potato

BF4+FF+BLK
Michaelangelo placed with super broke Quan, Foreverking placed with super broke Quan.

Quan wasn't even the definite #1. If Shinnok is really #1, why can't 4-5 people place with him, like with Alien?

I know that's too much too ask, considering Shinnok really isn't top 5, but lets see one person besides Wound at NEC?

kthxbye
I've seen Dragon use him recently. Perhaps we'll see more pick him up now that Sonicfox has put on the spotlight. I'm a little skeptical as well, but time will tell. IMHO, there are so many excellent variations nowadays that it's very difficult to make just a top 5. SF has 6 and didn't specify variations aside from Triborg speaks to that.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.

kthxbye
King picked him up like right near the end of his lifespan, it took ages

this patch been out for what a month

"Quan wasnt even definite #1" lol, right. Who was #1 then ? Lao? :rolleyes:

I don't think Shinnok is #1. But your arguments is empty. IF sonic is right, and he is #1 - why does that gotta mean hes release-state alien tier? this game is much more balanced now, you can be #1 by only a tiny margin, at this tier its really just the tiniest things that put one character over another in the top 5 ranking. Shinnok's playstyle aint for everyone man, even when it comes to jumping on a top tier people might feel they do better with Sonya's mix-ups or something like that for example

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer

kthxbye
Zappa won The Fall Classic with Shinnok tho. So someone else already has placed/won with him.

Throwing this out there cause people keep forgetting TFC happened cause Matthew flexed too hard and scared people away.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
lets be serious here.
shinnok is not on the sam level as alien which is why you don't see people using him...
if he was youd definitely be seeing more of him.
yall forgot the game was REBALANCED and gives you reasons to use other characters which is a good thing.
so just because you don't see many shinnoks doesn't mean hes not number one.

It's pretty slick that nobody has any idea who the top 5 are at all at this point. That's ultimately what I'm getting out of this thread.