What's new

Discussion cR SonicFox's Top 5 Characters List (02/11/16)

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
I honestly don't doubt this list at all. Haven't played against much Sektor since the patch though. I could see it cuz the game tipped a little more towards his play style plus the buffs and he was already a good character. Smoke and Sub were obvious lol. I would say Shinnok was obvious too but I think so much Shinnok downplay has clouded me

Tweedy

Noob
People who know Sonic know that he's never serious and that this is to be taken with a grain of salt, even though he is Sonic.

Who he uses is a much better indication, rather than who he says is top.

It's not that he's trolling, it's just that he doesn't take character placements and tier lists as seriously as we do. Remember how Dragon Naginata beat Mileena and Tarkatan? Remember when Ferra Torr was S tier?

People who know Sonic know that he's never serious and that this is to be taken with a grain of salt, even though he is Sonic.

Who he uses is a much better indication, rather than who he says is top.

It's not that he's trolling, it's just that he doesn't take character placements and tier lists as seriously as we do. Remember how Dragon Naginata beat Mileena and Tarkatan? Remember when Ferra Torr was S tier?
Actually all this mentioned characters are top tiers, unstopable jason is just amazing, I considering you cant back dash shinnoks boneshaper after being minus, makes him very good aswel, sonya is still very strong not as broken as before, and just a little bit behind this characters I would put Mystic Ermac, HQT Predator and Assassin/RS Kitana

omooba

fear the moobs
Shinnok is not best in the game because hell sparks are punishable. Since characters get to punish for free regardless of if he spends a second bar but most characters can punish if they read. Everyone else I agree with. Personally I would also throw in kitana as 5th. She's the only character who actually gets pressure from armoring

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Shinnok is not best in the game because hell sparks are punishable.
The fact that hell sparks are theoretically punishable doesn't really hurt him all that much to be honest.
In practice, you rarely see hell sparks get legitimately punished in both low and high level play because of situations like having to punish it in the heat of the moment, the first hit whiffing while you block the second and third and if Shinnok ever has a bar, you're not gonna think of attempting a punish because if you do he can burn a bar and he can combo you.

Since characters get to punish for free regardless of if he spends a second bar but most characters can punish if they read.
What do you mean by this exactly?

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
The fact that hell sparks are theoretically punishable doesn't really hurt him all that much to be honest.
In practice, you rarely see hell sparks get legitimately punished in both low and high level play because of situations like having to punish it in the heat of the moment, the first hit whiffing while you block the second and third and if Shinnok ever has a bar, you're not gonna think of attempting a punish because if you do he can burn a bar and he can combo you.

What do you mean by this exactly?
He means some characters can spend a bar to armor and punish it every time. For like 10%. Definitely keeps him from top tier :DOGE

Sunny_D

Green Arrows personal Shooty guy
I disagree with Sektor i see him as A+

Also this doesnt mean Smoke is broken it just means hes really good. Please dont nerf my 4 Toasters :(

Matix218

Get over here!
I disagree with Sektor i see him as A+

Also this doesnt mean Smoke is broken it just means hes really good. Please dont nerf my 4 Toasters :(
Dont worry, I dont see them nerfing triborg at this point. I would be shocked if we see any more major changes at all tbh other than possibly bug hotfixes and the like.

Safe Armor

Tier Whore. BS, GM, Mystic etc.
Idk about Shinnok being best in the game.

Give Bone Shapper back the scoop then we are talking.

Also Mystic is not OP, just play better scrubs!

Last edited: