What's new

Question - Ermac Could this Ermac fan-art by known NRS Senior Artist be a taste of what we could expect in MKX?

WRONG. Just flat out wrong.

I do not prefer the older costumes b/c they are "old". My favorite costume for ermac is his MK9 primary.

However, I would take any other ermac costume over the one in the OP as I do not care for any aspect of that costume, to me... it's just ugly.

I get your point about the limitations and yeah that's fine that they HAD to make them that way, but saying everyone likes them b/c of that's how they used to be is just putting words into people's mouths.
should ermac look cute ? haha

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Dude he looks fucking badass. So much more realistic
How is that realistic, at all.

Anyway, I love this design, just not on Ermac.

Looks like a badass ghost from Victoria Era London, or some kind of pirate spirit, not like a martial artist ninja/enforcer/warrior made out of souls from a different dimension. Doesn't even look like Edenian royalty, which could even be a factor.

Both his MK9 costumes were great and fitting for the character, this doesn't fit the character at all.

I felt the same about Scorpion and his excessive amount of straps and buckles, but at least he was from Earth.

I hope this isn't his costume, and I hope this isn't a trend for MKX.

This overuse of fucking straps and buckles is the stupidest design choices for this type of game. Look at this shit:

trufenix

bye felicia
Am I the only one here who remembers when this exact same thing happened to canary? Jesus the thread is still open!

Nah, there are ways to make characters like dark and badass without giving them weird hoods, huge ass pointy shoulder guards, and capes. Hell you can even give him the sorceror/monk look without having that stuff.[/quote]
yes or no
What if I said... yes? :p

Nah, there are ways to make characters like dark and badass without giving them weird hoods, huge ass pointy shoulder guards, and capes. Hell you can even give him the sorceror/monk look without having that stuff.
yes or no

MisterSpyker

The 6'4 King
That
While this costume looks very awesome, ask yourself this: can you really see Ermac in this costume punching, kicking and jumping? Unless his playstyle turns into special move-oriented and he's a super Kenshi-like zoner, I can't see this costume fit well.
That's my favorite part of the costume! Judging by the job NRS pulled in Injustice, with all the different movesets fitting so well with characters like Sinestro, Raven, Zatanna, etc... who are not very easy to imagine in a fighting game, I can say that I entirely trust NRS to provide us with a great fighting style that meshes perfectly with this, more sorcerer/mystic oriented costume.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Please no NRS, this doesn't fit Ermac at all. This would honestly be the second worst thing to happen to an MK character since Reptar Reptile...
I love everything bout that costume except for the tiny goofy head.

If they brought it back and made his head actually proportionate and threating, it would be a damn awesome alt.

Alt because Reptile looks cooler with a mask IMO, and I really like the stupid bandage face Reptile from Deception/Armageddon.

Error

DF2+R2
should ermac look cute ? haha
of course
I love everything bout that costume except for the tiny goofy head.

If they brought it back and made his head actually proportionate and threating, it would be a damn awesome alt.

Alt because Reptile looks cooler with a mask IMO, and I really like the stupid bandage face Reptile from Deception/Armageddon.
I like bandage reptile too actually, I just think NRS has been pretty miss when designing his lizard head.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Seriously, dude is made out of souls, not body parts, he ain't Frankenstein's monster.

In fact, he was one of Kahn's most trusted men, i'd imagine he'd be given some decent clothes and wears, I don't see why he'd be dressed like a horror movie villain, or Scarecrow, even after the fall of Kahn.

Dude looks like a voodoo witch-doctor or something.

That

That's my favorite part of the costume! Judging by the job NRS pulled in Injustice, with all the different movesets fitting so well with characters like Sinestro, Raven, Zatanna, etc... who are not very easy to imagine in a fighting game, I can say that I entirely trust NRS to provide us with a great fighting style that meshes perfectly with this, more sorcerer/mystic oriented costume.
I really hope they don't make him a full fledged zoning character.

I hope they don't do that with anyone, actually.

Fits Injustice, but not MK, IMO.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
He looks like a combination of Ermac+Scarecrow+The Spectre=MK X Ermac concept lol.

I'm fine with this, looks dark as hell just please give us alternate costumes a la oldschool UMK3, updated MK 1, MK 9 and MK D look.

This look reminds me of a darker, updated look of his second MK 9 costume, hoody, more loose garments etc.

Error

DF2+R2
Seriously, dude is made out of souls, not body parts, he ain't Frankenstein's monster.

In fact, he was one of Kahn's most trusted men, i'd imagine he'd be given some decent clothes and wears, I don't see why he'd be dressed like a horror movie villain, or Scarecrow, even after the fall of Kahn.

It seems like MK9 alt costume Ermac was so lost and confused after Kahn died, he fell into a garbage disposal and crawled out of the sewers looking like this.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
people are complaining about him not looking like a ninja but wanting him to look like a mummy? lolwut
he's always been a tk/magic user plus his mk9 alt was a sorcerer look so this is right up his alley and fits him well not to mention its just better than every other costume its not a basic ninja pallette, did the people who hate this hate scorpions injustice look because it wasnt ninja enough? lmao

MisterSpyker

The 6'4 King

I really hope they don't make him a full fledged zoning character.

I hope they don't do that with anyone, actually.

Fits Injustice, but not MK, IMO.
That's not what I meant, I'm just talking about how he fights aesthetically speaking.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
people are complaining about him not looking like a ninja but wanting him to look like a mummy? lolwut
he's always been a tk/magic user plus his mk9 alt was a sorcerer look so this is right up his alley and fits him well not to mention its just better than every other costume its not a basic ninja pallette, did the people who hate this hate scorpions injustice look because it wasnt ninja enough? lmao
Has nothing to do with not looking ninja-ish. Scorpion doesn't look too ninja like and his new costume is awesome. This looks too dragon priestish a la skyrim than a fighting game character for an MK game.

Cody

Noob
"Going back to roots" is a poor substitute for taste. It's liking a costume because it's old, rather than because it is well designed.

And remember, the roots weren't there because they wanted it that way. It was a forced limitation that they would rather not have had.
Again, ridiculous. Going back to roots isn't a poor substitute for anything. Liking a costume is purely opinionated, who are you (again, not directed towards you, just in general) to say somebody can't like it? Going back to roots doesn't necessarily say poor substitution. It means that maybe if that's what got us here to begin with, it will help us get further again. It clearly did too. So many went crazy over it.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
you really aren't paying attention to what they're saying. its not that he isnt ninja like its that it doesn't look like you can fight in this

Cody

Noob
I was talking about character design and lazy palette swaps, not game mechanics Einstein.
....Again, "Einstein" you were saying that it didn't change. It doesn't matter what "change" you were talking about. Change is change. Even more so, if you're trying to insinuate they haven't changed the costumes over the years (including the last game), then you're wrong. Just because they did add older costumes, doesn't mean they didn't also add the "change" that you're wanting. I don't remember Sektor and Cyrax having their alt costumes like that in any other game. It was change.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Has nothing to do with not looking ninja-ish. Scorpion doesn't look too ninja like and his new costume is awesome. This looks too dragon priestish a la skyrim than a fighting game character for an MK game.
never played skyrim so i have no image to go off of sorry
i think its amazing because he looks like an eil sorcerer plus its more detailed than any costume ermac hs ever had and he doesnt look like a mummy trying to be a ninja
you really aren't paying attention to what they're saying. its not that he isnt ninja like its that it doesn't look like you can fight in this
you arent paying atention to my post i asked a question i didnt make a statement :p
also did you not see injustice, why wouldnt he be able to fight in that? lol almost everone fights in ridiculous things plus shao kahn used to have a cape for some reason.