What's new

Question - Ermac Could this Ermac fan-art by known NRS Senior Artist be a taste of what we could expect in MKX?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I do kind of hope the X-Rays in this game show a bunch of soul moving around inside of him, and when the impacts are made by the attacks and the show the inside, they react violently to show pain or something. Maybe change to red, morph into screaming faces, stuff like that.

Special animations and such.

Again, ridiculous. Going back to roots isn't a poor substitute for anything. Liking a costume is purely opinionated, who are you (again, not directed towards you, just in general) to say somebody can't like it? Going back to roots doesn't necessarily say poor substitution. It means that maybe if that's what got us here to begin with, it will help us get further again. It clearly did too. So many went crazy over it.
I'm not saying people can't like it- I'm saying it's not a good reason to like it.

An old costume can be bad or good. The fact that it's old doesn't have an effect on its design.

A good costume is good.

You can't judge the speed of a car by looking at the color of it's paint. You can't judge the quality of a costume by nostalgia.

If this costume you are seeing now was Ermac's costume originally, would you then like it because it was his original costume?

If yes- then that shows there's no real taste in visual design in play. The age of the costume has entirely influenced the opinion of it, because you didn't like it as a new costume, but would have liked it had it been an older original costume.

If no- then that shows you're not really judging the costume by how old, or how tied to the root of the character is- because design mattered more than the roots of the character in saying no to the use of the metaphorically old design.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Esque definition:
In the style of, resembling.

Wouldn't a reject look in the style of, or resembling the source material?
lol i know what esque means dude im not gonna argue that he doesnt resemble a character, if YOUR mind (along with some others) went t scarecrow when you saw his design cool. i just thought it was silly to insult the most detailed design the character has to date that also...eh fuck i really dont care enough t finish this post have a nice day

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Looks so sick. I'd be okay with this. Now cue the people that want another generic ninja.
No one has asked for a ninja design yet, we all want a more "together" and character fitting sorcerer costume like his MK9 alt.

That doesn't mean we want his MK9 alt again, but we want something like it.

I mean, I wouldn't cry if this was how he looked, i'd just have to use a different "version" or an alt.

Cody

Noob
I'm not saying people can't like it- I'm saying it's not a good reason to like it.

An old costume can be bad or good. The fact that it's old doesn't have an effect on its design.

A good costume is good.

You can't judge the speed of a car by looking at the color of it's paint. You can't judge the quality of a costume by nostalgia.

If this costume you are seeing now was Ermac's costume originally, would you then like it because it was his original costume?

If yes- then that shows there's no real taste in visual design in play. The age of the costume has entirely influenced the opinion of it, because you didn't like it as a new costume, but would have liked it had it been an older original costume.

If no- then that shows you're not really judging the costume by how old, or how tied to the root of the character is- because design mattered more than the roots of the character in saying no to the use of the metaphorically old design.
Firstly, I want to say that that's a bad comparison that made no sense whatsoever.

If you're saying (which I know you are) that nostalgia isn't a reason to like things, then you're wrong.

Again, people love things for nostalgic reasons all of the time. Whether it be something they did with their father as a kid, or mother as a kid, or friends as a kid, or something they played as a kid or watched as a kid. If you're trying to fool yourself by saying you don't love ANYTHING whatsoever because it holds a place in your heart, you're wrong and I can almost guarantee it. It's a part of human feeling. It's called, memories (which are also loved for nostalgic reasons by the way).

Cody

Noob
lol i know what esque means dude im not gonna argue that he doesnt resemble a character, if YOUR mind (along with some others) went t scarecrow when you saw his design cool. i just thought it was silly to insult the most detailed design the character has to date that also...eh fuck i really dont care enough t finish this post have a nice day
Deciding to not argue your point. First sign of admitting you were wrong the whole time.

Also, don't take this post seriously. I am joking.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Everyone with boring taste just calm down. There are alt costumes for a reason. You can use the ones that take NRS 30 seconds to design, I'll be using this amazing one if it's in the game.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Ermac is a fusion of warrior souls. That includes Female Warriors. At least Ermac is not wearing Female Clothes LOL

Cody

Noob
Everyone with boring taste just calm down. There are alt costumes for a reason. You can use the ones that take NRS 30 seconds to design, I'll be using this amazing one if it's in the game.
That right there is an important detail that many are not even thinking of.

THIS ISN'T EVEN CONFIRMED TO BE IN THE GAME YET.

Is it really worth the arguing, lol?

Firstly, I want to say that that's a bad comparison that made no sense whatsoever.

If you're saying (which I know you are) that nostalgia isn't a reason to like things, then you're wrong.

Again, people love things for nostalgic reasons all of the time. Whether it be something they did with their father as a kid, or mother as a kid, or friends as a kid, or something they played as a kid or watched as a kid. If you're trying to fool yourself by saying you don't love ANYTHING whatsoever because it holds a place in your heart, you're wrong and I can almost guarantee it. It's a part of human feeling. It's called, memories (which are also loved for nostalgic reasons by the way).
Yes, I'm saying nostalgia isn't proper criteria to judge anything whatsoever.

I'm not saying there's stuff I don't love simply because I have memories associated with them, but that doesn't mean I have to lie to myself and say they're good if they don't hold up to scrutiny years later.

The kostume works because it represents Ermac well.

The character is a patchwork of souls sewn together into a single being. The costume reflects exactly that.

To those saying he looks like a Scarecrow, I believe thats part of the point of the symbolism involved.

A Scarecrow is a sack filled with a thousand straws bound together by the fabric outside. Ermac is basically a moving sack of souls bound together inside his body.

Cody

Noob
Yes, I'm saying nostalgia isn't proper criteria to judge anything whatsoever.

I'm not saying there's stuff I don't love simply because I have memories associated with them, but that doesn't mean I have to lie to myself and say they're good if they don't hold up to scrutiny years later.

So you're judging others for doing what you're doing. Which whether you think it's right or wrong, is essentially not very effective. You are a hypocrite. I'm not saying that's a bad thing. Everybody is a hypocrite (including myself) but when it comes to the things that we're hypocrites of, we don't really have the most effective decision. For example (and I'm sure you've realized), I always think I'm right, but I hate when others always think they're right. Which essentially means that I don't always have an effective way of debating things. Just like I personally feel like you don't have an effective argument by saying that nostalgia isn't a good reason to like something when literally EVERYBODY likes many things purely for that reason.

So you're judging others for doing what you're doing. Which whether you think it's right or wrong, is essentially not very effective. You are a hypocrite.
No I'm not.

My point is just because everyone feels nostalgia, doesn't mean it has to effect their taste in what determines good quality.

Episode 1 is crap. No amount of nostalgia I feel when watching it will ever make me think otherwise.

Cody

Noob
The kostume works because it represents Ermac well.

The character is a patchwork of souls sewn together into a single being. The costume reflects exactly that.

To those saying he looks like a Scarecrow, I believe thats part of the point of the symbolism involved.

A Scarecrow is a sack filled with a thousand straws bound together by the fabric outside. Ermac is basically a moving sack of souls bound together inside his body.
I thought the same thing kind of, but with a different execution. A scarecrow is a symbolism of putting fear into the enemy or intruder. That's a given. That description is an exact definition of Ermac in my opinion. A scarecrow looks like a wannabe person, but inside it has many different pieces inside. Same for Ermac. He looks like a normal ninja (usually a ninja), but inside he's made up of many different souls. The scarecrow resemblance is exactly what I think they were going for. I hope I explained that in an understandable way. I'm not always good at explaining things.

Cody

Noob
No I'm not.

My point is just because everyone feels nostalgia, doesn't mean it has to effect their taste in what determines good quality.

Episode 1 is crap. No amount of nostalgia I feel when watching it will ever make me think otherwise.
*facepalm*

Aside from the current argument that I (watch what I do here) know that I'm right in, I actually loved the first episode. I'm not a huge fan of the other ones though, so that could very well be why I din't think that one was crap. It was different, which is what I wanted.

Cody

Noob
Skarlet's MKX design should have blood seeping from every orifice to represent her character concept.
I don't even think she'll be in it honestly. Not really sure. I don't think she's important enough to bring back. Though, I have played a lot of Skarlets, so I'm not sure.

Error

DF2+R2
I don't even think she'll be in it honestly. Not really sure. I don't think she's important enough to bring back. Though, I have played a lot of Skarlets, so I'm not sure.
Being DLC she wasn't exactly important, but she was a great addition to the cast. It's up to NRS to decide whether or not she has importance in the new story.