What's new

Question - Ermac Could this Ermac fan-art by known NRS Senior Artist be a taste of what we could expect in MKX?

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
Make the brown parts of his outfit black & I approve. Ermac's costume is supposed to be red & black. Besides the brown, this costume is gdlk.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I think this rendition of ermac looks awesome and i hope they keep in this direction as far as how unique each character looks. I want to get away from the copy/paste ninja skins. We all know ermac is a ninja.

Cody

Noob
It's an awesome costume...

But watch 90% of players will still blow it off and use the lazy pallate-swap costumes.

Yup, see?
.....First off, it's not lazy, it's going back to its roots. They could very easily just not put anything in the place of those costumes. They're generous when they do that. Secondly, I like you you seem to want to force the fact that you like the costumes on others that don't. It's nice to know that you like the costume, I love it too. Don't go saying that people are "blowing it off" though. They may just not like it. Maybe they just like going back to the roots. MAYBE they just think the ninja costumes look cooler (and I'll argue that they might, even though I love the above).

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
I wonder how many ninjas are going to be left by the end. Ermac looks more like a necromancer than any sort of martial artist

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
.....First off, it's not lazy, it's going back to its roots. They could very easily just not put anything in the place of those costumes. They're generous when they do that. Secondly, I like you you seem to want to force the fact that you like the costumes on others that don't. It's nice to know that you like the costume, I love it too. Don't go saying that people are "blowing it off" though. They may just not like it. Maybe they just like going back to the roots. MAYBE they just think the ninja costumes look cooler (and I'll argue that they might, even though I love the above).
Going back to the roots? If it comes to design this game came to it's roots since the release of MK1 so a change would be awesome for once.

Cody

Noob
Going back to the roots? If it comes to design this game came to it's roots since the release of MK1 so a change would be awesome for once.
Yes, because change clearly hasn't happened before or anything...:rolleyes:

They've changed quite a bit. From 3-D playing, to story telling, to adventures, to weapon styles, to fighting styles, to X-Rays, to enhanced moves, to different alities, to rage, to crossovers.....they've changed a lot. That argument seems ridiculous to me.

Not saying you were arguing either, lol. That seemed a little harsh, but 'twas not intended that way.

Justice

Noob
Every Ermac player I know has this as their profile piccie now :D

I hope this means that they commissioned Vincent Proce for some redesigns. The work he did for MK9 was astounding! I would really like that set as DLC costumes for MKX :D