What's new

Question - Ermac Could this Ermac fan-art by known NRS Senior Artist be a taste of what we could expect in MKX?

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
After seeing the potential direction of Ermac this go around, I can't wait to see what Liu looks like...Johnny Cage will probably look sick too.

Dude, you're just rewriting history. Nobody "leaked" the bane pictures as fanart and said hey guys check out this Bane fan art. Boon didn't RETWEET the very same pictures and say hey guys check out this fan art.

What actually happened was Bane was already confirmed and then the official Injustice facebook page put up pictures of him (and Harley) and said hey, check out this cool CONCEPT art of characters already in our game.

Meanwhile, THIS exact situation happened with those very same Black Canary pictures posted on the same page. They were shared with the entire world labeled concept art with the Injustice Logo all the fuck over them, everybody (including me) said oh my god, character confirmed, and guess what. Black Canary never happened.
people fail to grasp the meaning of concept art.concept art generally isn't brought to a full polished level like the one in this post.concepts are meant to be quick,loose,get the idea across,and to be thrown into a file cabinet to be never seen again.if it does surface, people look it as if it's all the hard labor the artist put into it.concept is just that.Ideas.So it irks me when concepts come out and everyone hypes up this type of attention.even if this were to have any influence on the game, it wouldn't even have seen the light of day as of now.It wouldn't have been posted until after midway in the game's lifespan.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
New MK game means my hibernation is over.

Here are some of my thoughts on the fan art.

Remember in one of the E3 interviews when the dude asked Ed Boon about the different "costumes?" Boon said they are referring to them as "versions."

Take note of the small text on Ermac's head variations on the 3rd picture. Each one is labelled (v1, v2, v3). This most likely is proof that these aren't just random ideas but the different versions of fighting styles. The hoods are slightly different and the collar on the cloak varies as well.

This is just personal speculation but I think the MK team is definitely gonna include Ermac. They'd be foolish not to with the new technology and engine. The smoothness of the waves in the Kove arena and all of the ambient effects in general are one of this new game's strengths. Ermac's souls have similar wispy properties and I don't see how the programmers and designers would be able to resist having fun with it.

I think Ed Boon is just fucking with us by calling it fan-art. The artist is a fan of MK, no doubt, but I'm sure he got a response on whether or not the design would make the cut as soon as he handed it in. Ermac is just perfect for this installment in the series and whether or not it's confirmed officially is irrelevant to me.

Not including the soul amalgamation in MKX would be a huge missed opportunity and frankly, I think they're smarter than that.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
lol if you think about he really doesn't look like Scarecrow THAT much, if anything more along the lines of Spectre mixed with JL 3000 Green Lantern in ninja form.

Either way Ermac looks awesome, if he doesn't look like this I'm sure he will.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
His fatality could be summoning the fashion police to cap you for not looking as badass as he does.

I'd like to play him in MKX if he's better than he was last go 'round.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
^ I actually loved him in MK9. Kinda wish he had a better overhead, but aside from that I haven't enjoyed playing Ermac this much since UMK3.

I really hope they expand on stylizing his normal combos with telekinesis. The few TK normals he had in MK9 suited him perfectly. Even when fighting hand to hand Ermac should be using magic and souls as an extension of his physical limbs.

I really wonder what his versions will be. I'm guessing there is gonna be a long range one, an aggressive close quarters one and maybe a defensive, turtle like build that receives buffs from souls. Maybe a soul aura type passive special that decreases his damage output but hurts the opponent when they use normals.

Just daydreaming. Sorry.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
I've been thinking about what his story will be in MKX (assuming this is how he'll look).

Based on the costume, we can probably assume that he won't be the altruistic good guy that we've seen in MKD. Not saying he's gonna be evil, but I think his personality is gonna be more grit, no bullshit attitude.

This particular look could also indicate that this is the Ermac of 20-25 years ahead of where MK9 left off. He looks worn, dirt and weathered. Perhaps Ermac is being driven solely by King Jerrod at this point. Perhaps the quieting of the other souls within the vessel alienated Jerrod leaving him disconnected and alone. A fallen king who has found and lost paradise. He looks pissed off and blackened, like a lonely wanderer who had everything and lost it.

I will chop my own weener off if he's not in MKX.

Rembo

D4 Punchwalk
After seeing the Reptile reveal yesterday, I could see the style seems similar, dark, ragged, sinister looking. I hope this is in fact Ermac revealed tomorrow.