What's new

Coronavirus (Covid-19) Discussion

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
China has balls blaming us for their mess and incompetence. Not just commies but liars too apparently. They've they've lied to their own people and the world months ago about this. They're the last country on earth who should be pointing fingers.

Extremes from either point of view here is bad in general be it super passive and not taking care of yourself especially if you live with others or those omg it's the apocalypse morons, gotta buy everything asap to survive....

There has to be a happy, good medium. Be smart, follow the guidelines but know things will get better it just may not be overnight.

Last edited:

MKF30

Yeah I read about a little bit about that earlier today too with the medical supplies, meds, honestly we dont need china if it came to that. We can make our own and also Israel is supposedly close to a vaccine as well. China is incredibly arrogant thinking the rest of the world needs them to deal with coronavirus. I mean they should be offering it to the world for free(vaccine I mean not ibuprofen) as restitution for their screw up. I mean let's ask the rest of the worlds opinion, pretty sure everyone is halting flights to china currently.

Yousef

Noob
Guys , it doesn't matter whom is blaming whom , the virus is out and it's killing people everywhere
Just be calm take care of yourself and don't panic , I mean most of us here are young and healthy , the virus can't kill you but you can spread it to others without you knowing those others could be your family , friends ,people you love or even don't know but you might be the reason of somebody's death , just take care of yourself and becarful ,
I live in China and actually the virus is dangerous for me cuz I have asthma (I'm not Chinese)
So I spend most of time alone
Eat ,sleep ,MK ,repeat

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
One of my hosts just dropped her son off at the airport to go on his spring break trip...
Yeah people are still traveling. I personally think that’s okay. You don’t need to stop living your lives. As long as you take the proper precautions you will more than likely be okay. I for one am still going to the UMK3/classic MK tournament in Ohio on April 3rd. I’ll be flying in. The only bad thing is that when I got the ticket, it was $325. Now that same EXACT ticket is $70. And the ticket is non refundable. The only thing they’re doing is allowing a free rescheduling, which is pointless.

I always get punished for waiting to get plane tickets and always end up having to pay way more. I finally was proactive and got the ticket early, then this happens. I mean, obviously I had no way to predict this was going to happen, but it’s still frustrating. On the bright side, I think the airport will be virtually empty as well as the plane.

The Great Panic really hit here in the Greater Toronto Area with the announcement of school closures for an extra two weeks. The panic-hoarding people are doing is insane. Thankfully, thanks to my restricted diet, I actually can't eat a lot of the stuff people are hoarding, so I was able to get all of my groceries today with only a few brand substitutions.

I went to two grocery stores, like I do every weekend. The big stuff that's sold out is bread, bottled water, toilet paper, paper towels, facial tissues, and canned goods. I talked with employees at both locations and yesterday evening through this morning was absolutely nuts. It died down around 10:30 am today, which coincidentally was when I went out shopping.

I just don't understand the hoarding of certain things. Why all the bottled water? You have water coming into your home. Why all the toilet paper? I have Crohn's disease; I spend more time in the washroom than anyone else. You don't need that much toilet paper!

If you're afraid of being quarantined, you need enough items to last for between two to three weeks; this isn't a zombie apocalypse! Whatever you normally get for groceries, double it if you're worried, and you'll be just fine.

The belief that hand sanitizer is a magic bullet also boggles my mind. It's not useless, don't get me wrong, but washing your hands with soap and warm water is about 50% more effective than hand sanitizer. Sanitizer should be used as a companion to proper hand washing, not a replacement.

Overall, at least here in Canada, fear and panic is a far greater pandemic right now than COVID-19.

MKF30

Silly video, but I absolutely HATED Animaniacs(I know I'm sure I'm in the minority there but I have always found them to be annoying lol)

Anyway, @Juxtapose yeah I hear ya. It's like that nearly everywhere, some worse than others granted. Here in the states you can't find any hand sanitizer, toilet paper is scarce and water is getting harder to find though thankfully I have tap water which in NYC is among the best in the country, so at least I have that lol. But yeah, my trader joes other day was packed...

Hand Sanitizer isn't magic of course but if you're on the go it's been proven that 60% mininum or higher 70%, 80& etc alcohol does kill germs you just have to use it properly and just not like hand lotion but really rub it. What stores need to do is limit a few per customer with certain products, in some places in USA they're doing this. Why this wasn't done before IDK

MKF30

Man I envy that gunshop pic. If only we had that where i live but the dopes elected where i live dont believe in protecting yourself in any case.

It's starkly obvious at the supermarket how empty sections for things like pasta, rice and beans are and yet there's still plenty of fresh greens for days because people only want what stays for a long time.

Don't let the hysteria keep ya'll from eating healthy.

@MKF30 Hand sanitizer is sold out here as well. Apparently small towns and country shops still have them.

Is Trader Joe a grocery store of sorts? We don't have those here. For us, we have Real Canadian Superstore, which is a grocery store that also has department store stuff, and then regular grocery stores like Metro, Sobey's, etc. We also have Walmart, of course, many of which have groceries now.

@C-Sword You know, I can't even think of where one could buy a gun here. Pellet guns you can get at specific places, but a real fire arm, no clue.

MKF30

It's starkly obvious at the supermarket how empty sections for things like pasta, rice and beans are and yet there's still plenty of fresh greens for days because people only want what stays for a long time.

Don't let the hysteria keep ya'll from eating healthy.
I eat my veggies and almonds unsalted and non salted it's lowered my cholesterol alot, so I stick to it. I still eat pizza, sandwiches and I love tuna. I dont eat red meat at all, rarely eat chicken. Im more of a pasta and peas, pizza, tuna, almonds kind of guy. My diet is weird but it works so what the hell lol. I only eat pizza few times a week, and I rarely drink soda anymore I drink sparkling ice and water mostly.

@MKF30 Hand sanitizer is sold out here as well. Apparently small towns and country shops still have them.

Is Trader Joe a grocery store of sorts? We don't have those here. For us, we have Real Canadian Superstore, which is a grocery store that also has department store stuff, and then regular grocery stores like Metro, Sobey's, etc. We also have Walmart, of course, many of which have groceries now.

@C-Sword You know, I can't even think of where one could buy a gun here. Pellet guns you can get at specific places, but a real fire arm, no clue.
I have homemade and a few commercial slingshots at least in case lol but it's notthat level yet at least thank God. A story near me well in my city of ny, brooklyn Costco these two idiots got into an fist fight over a bottle of wine one used it to bust over the others head got arrested while the other guy had to go to the hospital for a concussion...over wine? Lol

But to answer your question man, trader Joe's is a grocery market mostly sold organic foods. It's ok, if you ask me personally I think it's a bit overrated but some people love it. We also have stop & shop, lidl, shoprite, MET foods, bayers, target, CBS,Walgreens, duane read and rite-aid, as far as foods go. That's where I am in nyc. There's more throughout NYC and nys. Oh that's cool, you have like an official Canadian food store?

@MKF30 Cool, Trader Joes sounds something like a chain here called Farm Boy, which is relatively new.

We don't have one dedicated food store, but we do have several chains. The biggest grocery store chain in Canada is called Loblaws, and they own Real Canadian Superstore, as well as a few other chains. The second largest is called Sobeys, and the third is called Metro, which is a chain that originated in Quebec. Metro has been my family's primary grocery store since they came to Ontario, though I shop at the others at need for a few items Metro tends not to carry.

Walmart also carries groceries here, and Canadian Tire even dabbled in it, though I'm not sure if they still do. Canadian Tire is a store that sells autoparts and has a garage for car maintenance (I've often gone there for oil changes and seasonal tire change overs), and a gas station, and also sells sporting goods, household supplies (not appliances), gardening supplies, and such. They're sort of a cross between a auto/hardware/department store.

MKF30

@MKF30 Cool, Trader Joes sounds something like a chain here called Farm Boy, which is relatively new.

We don't have one dedicated food store, but we do have several chains. The biggest grocery store chain in Canada is called Loblaws, and they own Real Canadian Superstore, as well as a few other chains. The second largest is called Sobeys, and the third is called Metro, which is a chain that originated in Quebec. Metro has been my family's primary grocery store since they came to Ontario, though I shop at the others at need for a few items Metro tends not to carry.

Walmart also carries groceries here, and Canadian Tire even dabbled in it, though I'm not sure if they still do. Canadian Tire is a store that sells autoparts and has a garage for car maintenance (I've often gone there for oil changes and seasonal tire change overs), and a gas station, and also sells sporting goods, household supplies (not appliances), gardening supplies, and such. They're sort of a cross between a auto/hardware/department store.
Yeah cool same here. We have tons of chains, and smaller mom and pop places too. Too many to count. For bigger places we have targets, Walmart's, kmarts(though they've been closing), Costco, Sam's, BJ's etc etc Used to have waldbaums, king killen, pathmark, a&p, most of those closed down now but were big for decades now it's mostly stop & shop, shoprite and tons of others not in my state but no doubt around the rest of the country. Our lidl is newer being from europe.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Yeah people are still traveling. I personally think that’s okay. You don’t need to stop living your lives. As long as you take the proper precautions you will more than likely be okay. I for one am still going to the UMK3/classic MK tournament in Ohio on April 3rd. I’ll be flying in. The only bad thing is that when I got the ticket, it was $325. Now that same EXACT ticket is $70. And the ticket is non refundable. The only thing they’re doing is allowing a free rescheduling, which is pointless.

I always get punished for waiting to get plane tickets and always end up having to pay way more. I finally was proactive and got the ticket early, then this happens. I mean, obviously I had no way to predict this was going to happen, but it’s still frustrating. On the bright side, I think the airport will be virtually empty as well as the plane.
How is traveling okay during an outbreak? So long as you wash your hands right? xD

after ccp the chinese communist party landed in italy 2 days ago, italys number
went from 12k to 22k infected and 800 to 1500 deaths in just 2 days
cant trust ccp and WHO and dont ask for any help from CCP you dont know what they transport in their planes

Zviko

Noob
after ccp the chinese communist party landed in italy 2 days ago, italys number
went from 12k to 22k infected and 800 to 1500 deaths in just 2 days
cant trust ccp and WHO and dont ask for any help from CCP you dont know what they transport in their planes
Oh come on. The number of infected in Italy has increased 2-3k per day since more than 1 week ago. Also, do you believe that? I thought you said there are over 500k dead in China because of the virus.

People panic because of people like you. You are worse than the media.

@MKF30 We had Target here a few years ago, they started opening up everywhere, but then they all closed down. I think they weren't making the profits they hopped. K-mart was big here long ago (80's to 90's, I think), but they all closed down decades ago. We also have Costco's, though I never shop there myself.