What's new

Coronavirus (Covid-19) Discussion

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Can't trust the MSM though, they all say different things except for "wash your hands, be smart, use hand sanitizer blah, blah, blah" otherwise they overhype shit, lie and love to exaggerate stories so people watch. It's been their tactics since forever. I listen to what the doctors say and even they will disagree with one another at times. Not saying CV isn't a big deal btw, just saying I am skeptical of MSM. They tend to love scare tactics just so you watch.

@MKF30 We had Target here a few years ago, they started opening up everywhere, but then they all closed down. I think they weren't making the profits they hopped. K-mart was big here long ago (80's to 90's, I think), but they all closed down decades ago. We also have Costco's, though I never shop there myself.
Really? That's surprising but then different countries have different outcomes sometimes. Here Target does great, it's the Kmarts that are all closing down. Yeah they were also big here in the 80's and 90's, few years ago Seas tanked who are connected to Kmart so both my Sears then Kmarts closed down within the past 10 years. Yeah, I used to work at my local Costco. Not fun lol.

@MKF30 The problem with both mainstream media and, I find, social media, is that they all focus on fear and dread to get viewership, clicks, likes, etc. They keep going on about the sick numbers rising, the deaths rising, and encouraging fear and panic in general, yet they don't seem to be reporting or posting about all the people who've recovered and how well they're doing.

For my own part, I strongly recommend sticking to official sites (various levels of government, World Health Organization, etc.), instead of major news networks, major streamers, and random 3litePoster691111!!!!11111!!!!1! types.

And yes, different markets. Sears closed down here a few years ago as well, which was a shame. I used them regularly to get appliances for the office!

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Yes. As long as you take the proper precautions and do everything you’re supposed to do.
Yeah, just wash your hands xD
What are the proper precautions when traveling during a pandemic? Please, enlighten us since everyone with a fucking brain says YOU SHOULDN'T TRAVEL

Here, the Government of Canada is strongly advising against travelling outside of the country at the moment. For myself, I wouldn't travel outside of the province, or recommend travelling by plane at all.

Having said that, to each their own, and I hope anyone who does choose to travel, whether within their own country or abroad, will be safe!

MKF30

@MKF30 The problem with both mainstream media and, I find, social media, is that they all focus on fear and dread to get viewership, clicks, likes, etc. They keep going on about the sick numbers rising, the deaths rising, and encouraging fear and panic in general, yet they don't seem to be reporting or posting about all the people who've recovered and how well they're doing.

For my own part, I strongly recommend sticking to official sites (various levels of government, World Health Organization, etc.), instead of major news networks, major streamers, and random 3litePoster691111!!!!11111!!!!1! types.

And yes, different markets. Sears closed down here a few years ago as well, which was a shame. I used them regularly to get appliances for the office!
Exactly, and they use it to get people to watch which is wrong imo. So many times you see a report of "deadly poison in your rice? More at 11!" So people who eat all and any kind of rice will freak put naturally wait hours to watch the news, it'll often be the last segment only 1 minute long most of the time usually for just one brand being recalled 99% of the time for ecoli or something.

The news, msm and social media now loves to feed on people's fear like freaking pennywise the clown...

Yep they wont report the positives, which is 95% if not higher people survive from cv. But they dont like saying that because that would provoke hope the last thing msm wants.

Last edited:
@MKF30 Here in Canada, when last I checked, I believe we still only have a single fatality from COVID-19, and it was a senior in a long term care home on the west coast (Vancouver).

In the region I live, there's 7 confirmed cases, 2 of which are about to recover. 7 from a population of around 650,000, I believe. Toronto has over 100 cases now, but they have a population of well over 2 million, and also several have already recovered and no fatalities.

MKF30

@MKF30 Here in Canada, when last I checked, I believe we still only have a single fatality from COVID-19, and it was a senior in a long term care home on the west coast (Vancouver).

In the region I live, there's 7 confirmed cases, 2 of which are about to recover. 7 from a population of around 650,000, I believe. Toronto has over 100 cases now, but they have a population of well over 2 million, and also several have already recovered and no fatalities.
Yeah most ofnthebdestha if not all here in the states ate elderly or people with bad health as well. Nobody young has been reported to die from it as far as I know.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Yeah most ofnthebdestha if not all here in the states ate elderly or people with bad health as well. Nobody young has been reported to die from it as far as I know.
Only 13% of global cases are people under the age of 30, so it is highly unlikely.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah, just wash your hands xD
What are the proper precautions when traveling during a pandemic? Please, enlighten us since everyone with a fucking brain says YOU SHOULDN'T TRAVEL
Just check the OP. If that isn’t enough, stop being lazy and do your own research. You can self quarantine if you want, up to you.

portent

Noob
In case it hasn't been reported:

New York City has closed the entire NYC School District until at least April 20th, an absolutely unprecedented move. Likewise, all the school districts on neighboring Long Island have been closed for 2 weeks as well as soon to be announced that all New Jersey school districts will close for 2 weeks.

MKF30

Only 13% of global cases are people under the age of 30, so it is highly unlikely.
Yeah and damn autocorrect, I hate this phone lol. I swear inhale to proofread everything before posting or it'll post gibberish sometimes lol.

That's good to know for younger people. I'm over 30 but below 40 lol so I dont know that % I've heard of at least 3 cases so far in the USA of people in their 30a getting it but so far nobody has died from it within that age ratio.

MKF30

In case it hasn't been reported:

New York City has closed the entire NYC School District until at least April 20th, an absolutely unprecedented move. Likewise, all the school districts on neighboring Long Island have been closed for 2 weeks as well as soon to be announced that all New Jersey school districts will close for 2 weeks.
Yeah the teachers union supposedly were staging a sickout which put pressure on bill de blunder o to close the school. I figured a few weeks but a month? Lol. I live here in nyc so that's been alot of the news past few days.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So, some more COVID-19 info here. Also some myth debunking.

— The disease hasn’t been confirmed to be an “airborne” virus.

— The main way to spread the disease is person-to-person
  • Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
  • Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes
— It MAY be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads. So, make sure you’re washing your hands (thoroughly) and using hand sanitizer as often as possible.

— If you’re traveling via an airplane, because of how air circulates and is filtered on airplanes, most viruses and other germs do not spread easily. The risk of infection on an airplane is low. That said, try to avoid contact with sick passengers and wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.

— There’s no evidence to suggest that there’s tests you can do yourself that can determine whether or not you have COVID-19. If you want to get tested, go get tested at the designated testing facilities and/or your local Doctor. Other than that, the best thing you can do at your home is to properly wash your hands for at least 20 seconds. Especially before and after eating or having touched anything.

China has balls blaming us for their mess and incompetence. Not just commies but liars too apparently. They've they've lied to their own people and the world months ago about this. They're the last country on earth who should be pointing fingers.

Extremes from either point of view here is bad in general be it super passive and not taking care of yourself especially if you live with others or those omg it's the apocalypse morons, gotta buy everything asap to survive....

There has to be a happy, good medium. Be smart, follow the guidelines but know things will get better it just may not be overnight.
You know, "grow the fuck up" should not be something I have to say to an entire government.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I had to go on a decently important trip on the bus and half the people there were sneezing and coughing. :DOGE
Let's hope that I'm one of those young people that recover without any symptoms, I am 21.. which is safe, right??

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Take this with a grain of salt, this isn’t a confirmed thing. But a friend of a co-worker said that allegedly they will be declaring Martial Law either tomorrow or soon here in the USA. Again, not at all confirmed or anything. Just keep it in mind as a possibility.

Zviko

Noob
Take this with a grain of salt, this isn’t a confirmed thing. But a friend of a co-worker said that allegedly they will be declaring Marshal Law either tomorrow or soon here in the USA. Again, not at all confirmed or anything. Just keep it in mind as a possibility.
Had to google what that means and it gave me Tekken character lol. Do you perhaps mean Martial Law? :D

So this morning at the train station, there were only 16 cars. Normally around 200. I take a rushhour express train as well, and it's usually quite busy, but was crazy quiet. Lighter than weekend volume. The P.A.T.H., and underground business area I walk through, was also very quiet.

It's pretty weird.

@Juggs I've heard rumour that the City of Toronto will be locking down in about a week-ish. We'll see.

Maryland has shut down all restaurants, bars, gyms and movie theaters. This is only the beginning too. Shit is gonna get weird quick