What's new

Coronavirus (Covid-19) Discussion

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
We need gallows humour in times like this 8) stay safe bro
The extra time has actually allowed me to help out an open source project, which is helping develop new skills and unrust some others. Plus I'm a nerd with a damn full Steam library, so I think I'll manage.

I appreciate it though, thanks mate!

People aren’t hoarding supplies for themselves and their families well being.

They are hoarding supplies for profit because people are people.
I'm not defending it but I can understand why. The economy is getting fucked in the ass by this virus and if you're sick for weeks and have a job you can't do at home....

And governments won't stop billing you and carry on like it's business as usual when the world has stopped because of an outbreak.

Bingo lol. I heard amazon was banning the sale of hand sanitizer because of the price gouging going on. Can you imagine the kind of scum that would do that? There’s enough of them to shut down products apparently. Sad.
It's funny you bring that up, because Amazon is literally price gouging stuff themselves. A literal case of it's "okay" for them to do it but not you.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm not defending it but I can understand why. The economy is getting fucked in the ass by this virus and if you're sick for weeks and have a job you can't do at home....

And governments won't stop billing you and carry on like it's business as usual when the world has stopped because of an outbreak.
Everything is getting messed up by this, it's crazy economy, all kinds of jobs, sports, any event with tons of people. Currently in between jobs because the last place that would have worked out had to close due to going bankrupt, their brand were dying out for years but I'm taking this opportunity to look for something hopefully where I can work from home. This way all I have to go is to the bank.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
One of the things that really worries me about this situation is that if we do not get 100s and 1000s dead, then there will always be some group of fucking morons that say the entire thing was a beat up, fake, unwarranted panic and stuff like that. So if we do everything correct, by taking all the precautions and our very actions basically control this problem , then many people will just not believe we had a problem in the first place, simply as we did so well at responding to it.

The worrying thing is what happens next time, touch wood. I mean in comparison to some things, Covid19 isn't even that contagious and defiantly isn't as deadly.

My nightmare scenario is that through all the actions we take, the pandemic is controlled and then some time latter a faster or much deadlier pandemic happens and people will simply not believe. They will go, "well, we just had a depression from the markets crashes and lost billions in tourism and sport and it was all for nothing, so we are not going to do anything this time"

It is like if we do really well, it will be worse next time... and if we do only "ok" and there is enough tragedy to make people take it seriously we would be better protected next time.

To be clear I WANT nothing to happen, but I just know that some fucking lame twitter freak will say "this was rubbish over reaction" and get a billion people on that train and when the "reaction" itself is what will possibly save us.
This is 100% what is and will be happening.
I can't tell you how much I thought my town was screwed until they cancelled the St. Patrick's day parade. Now that USA is going very strict in cancelling public gatherings, the number curve of cases and death will begin to flatten. Which will make the stubborn anti-science people who think the world always works out for them "Oh see, that was all BS, there was no crisis, it was that darn media."

It's frustrating being a numbers guy and trying to explain basic science to people. There's huge swathes of people in our country who flat out disregard and discount science and numbers. They're like a cult of anti-science people.

Right now there are more than 500k deaths in China because of coronavirus, just saying.
Media says 3k deaths in China which is a huge lie because main stream media believes everything CCP and WHO are saying.
Go on the youtube channels Guo Miles, China in Focus ntd and koreana jones if you ppl wanna see what is rly happening in china right now.

Our authorities here in Mexico are a joke regarding on the COVID-19 virus situation. We have officially 15 infected people, but there's more people infected afaik. And if someone has clear COVID-19 symptoms, they're classifying it as Influenza instead of COVID-19...

DeftMonk

Noob
Just got msg from an agent in USA reassuring Las Vegas EDC will not be cancelled but will have strict regulations. What the shit!? U guys probably don’t know about dj stuff but do a google search of how many people attend this event....is usa not forcing this kind of stuff to be cancelled? There will be faaar more people at EDC Vegas than Evo

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
This is 100% what is and will be happening.
I can't tell you how much I thought my town was screwed until they cancelled the St. Patrick's day parade. Now that USA is going very strict in cancelling public gatherings, the number curve of cases and death will begin to flatten. Which will make the stubborn anti-science people who think the world always works out for them "Oh see, that was all BS, there was no crisis, it was that darn media."

It's frustrating being a numbers guy and trying to explain basic science to people. There's huge swathes of people in our country who flat out disregard and discount science and numbers. They're like a cult of anti-science people.
Cult of “anti-science people”?
Sounds like wizards to me. Wizards are cool.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
If you're worried about running out of toilet paper, Amazon sells a very highly-rated bidet attachment for only $37. It's supposed to be life-changing. https://amzn.to/2U2MzRX

If you want to keep a few weeks worth of food stocked up, canned pink salmon is one of the healthiest and most cost-effective options for protein. It's usually about $2.50-$3.50 per can, and a single can will last for 2-4 meals. Unlike tuna, which is chopped up, canned pink salmon is usually just a whole cooked part of the fish, so you can eat it just like you would if you bought expensive salmon and cooked it yourself. It lasts for years and is actually really good. Other than that, any canned and frozen products are usually good for an indefinite amount of time.

And finally, if you're stuck at home and going crazy, the Xbox Game Pass for PC is in beta and only $1 for the first month and $5 per month after that. It lets you download as many games as they offer, and that included plenty of AAA titles like the Master Chief Collection, Outer Worlds, Yakuza 0, etc. If you'd rather be more productive, check out Linked-In Learning to pick up a new skill. The first month is free and they offer high-quality up-to-date courses on just about any subject. Only $15 per month after the free trial.

Last edited:

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Trump is supposed to declare a national emergency today.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
If you're worried about running out of toilet paper, Amazon sells a very highly-rated bidet attachment for only $37. It's supposed to be life-changing. https://amzn.to/2U2MzRX

If you want to keep a few weeks worth of food stocked up, canned pink salmon is one of the healthiest and most cost-effective options for protein. It's usually about $2.50-$3.50 per can. Unlike tuna, which is chopped up, canned pink salmon is usually just a whole cooked part of the fish, so you can eat it just like you would if you bought expensive salmon and cooked it yourself. It lasts for years and is actually really good. Other than that, any canned and frozen products are usually good for an indefinite amount of time.

And finally, if you're stuck at home and going crazy, the Xbox Game Pass for PC is in beta and only $1 for the first month and $5 per month after that. It lets you download as many games as they offer, and that included plenty of AAA titles like the Master Chief Collection, Outer Worlds, Yakuza 0, etc. If you'd rather be more productive, check out Linked-In Learning to pick up a new skill. The first month is free and they offer high-quality up-to-date courses on just about any subject. Only $15 per month after the free trial.
Were you getting ready for a zombie apocalypse?

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
One of my hosts just dropped her son off at the airport to go on his spring break trip...

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
All my classes are online for the next 3 weeks or so. I'm probably a decent chance carrying it because one of my classmates in a small program of 15 works at the hospital and has interacted many times with a patient that tested positive for coronavirus. I'm not worried about me, I'm 20, rarely if ever get sick, and I'm in very good shape, and as has been said many many times, it is the elderly who are most vulnerable. But I am scared for some members of my family, I will have to stay away from my grandparents. My grandpa is 96 and just now got out of the hospital, my grandmothers are in their 80s and both have respiratory issues as is, so yeah :/