What's new

Coronavirus (Covid-19) Discussion

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
I'm in the red zone in Italy and we can't leave home if not for very good reasons, so basically to fight the boredom literally every one's making corona virus memes.

Shit's hilarious! Every time I look at my group chats I lose it. I'm calling it now: if I don't die by virus, I die by laughter.
We need gallows humour in times like this 8) stay safe bro

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Soo trump was recently photographed with some foreign minister who has been confirmed positive, tomoro irelands leader is meeting trump . Trudau is self isolating . Shits gettin crazy

Vagrant

Noob
Classes at UIUC have moved to online post spring break. Being a music performance major, this kinda screws over some of the ensembles but I'm so overloaded with work that I'm honestly not complaining. I think Purdue is also switching to online.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Joe Rogan is a bit of a nut to be fair, sometimes he makes solid points but then will say something outlandish. These youtubers who like to talk about politics, world events etc and more importantly illnesses I never take seriously because they're not doctors. They're literally the MSM of youtube.

He isn’t laughing now. Because he’s dead. Dead, Jim.
He's not dead, he lives near me. He's not laughing because I was right, and now he has to eat his words. I didn't explain so much so I'll enlighten you, whenever we always hung out went out to eat, places etc as group he'd always tease me saying "dude chicks won't like that if you have hand sanitizer on me" I told him, I put it in my pocket, what do they care? Besides, I prefer not to get sick, sue me. lol Month back his kid and then him got the flu, so he can't really say much now lol. He had a very passive attitude with sicknesses like the "oh if I get it I get it" mentality, but now even those people have changed their tune.

Wigy

There it is...
Joe Rogan is a bit of a nut to be fair, sometimes he makes solid points but then will say something outlandish. These youtubers who like to talk about politics, world events etc and more importantly illnesses I never take seriously because they're not doctors. They're literally the MSM of youtube.

He's not dead, he lives near me. He's not laughing because I was right, and now he has to eat his words. I didn't explain so much so I'll enlighten you, whenever we always hung out went out to eat, places etc as group he'd always tease me saying "dude chicks won't like that if you have hand sanitizer on me" I told him, I put it in my pocket, what do they care? Besides, I prefer not to get sick, sue me. lol Month back his kid and then him got the flu, so he can't really say much now lol. He had a very passive attitude with sicknesses like the "oh if I get it I get it" mentality, but now even those people have changed their tune.
You realise he gets experts in right. That guy has hella credentials...

Joe Rogan podcasts are great and very informative, he knows he has no clue but his guests do

MKF30

you do realise 1000s of people are dead right?
This is true however keep in mind, majority of the thousands of deaths are also from China/in China compared to the rest of the world.

You realise he gets experts in right. That guy has hella credentials...

Joe Rogan podcasts are great and very informative, he knows he has no clue but his guests do
He does get good guests but like you said I'm referring more so to his own views trnd to be inconsistent sometimes. I've watched his show before mostly because of his guests hes also one of the bigger youtubers so that always helps lol.

Last edited:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
So the US just closed all sports... Baseball, NHL, ML

Also, in Australia they have canceled the Forma 1 race... which proves that I just can;t have nice thing : ( .. correct decision though... but super bummed.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I'm worried my pub trivia and Bingo business is going to come crashing down before too long. If people stop going out to bars and restaurants, I'm screwed. I've spent the last 3 years building my "automated Bingo robots" that can run live Bingo in place of a human host. Before I pulled the trigger on development, I told my wife, "I hope you're ready to be rich, because barring some sort of major economic collapse, I don't see any way this can fail". Pride certainly comes before the fall. I've spent almost $80,000, my life savings, since then on development and was finally gearing up for my widespread release this week. Got a few hundred brochures printed out, hand addressed, and ready to go. And then BAM. Not only are we dealing with a major economic collapse, but a fucking worldwide pandemic that directly incentivizes people not to attend my events. Now I've just got to ride this out and hope I keep enough business coming in to make it through.
Just hold your breath through it. People can't stay in forever. Recovery may be weird, but there will be a lot of people on the other side with cabin fever, looking to relax and have a good time. Have to wait and see what luxuries don't seem so important after, but recreation and entertainment are actually pretty important.

Unless the whole world gets deleted, in which case you will be too busy running from suburban cannibals to care about all of it.

In a more general sense, I do think pausing day to day life will wreck a lot lives, and do tons of damage to struggling businesses. I hope we are considerate and understanding in the wake of whatever this turns into, or better that the pause is short enough that everyone can make it though it without a mess of life drama.

MKF30

So the US just closed all sports... Baseball, NHL, ML

Also, in Australia they have canceled the Forma 1 race... which proves that I just can;t have nice thing : ( .. correct decision though... but super bummed.
Indeed, bummer but its smart. Anything with lots of people will get the boot until we can get this under control or find a vaccine asap. I am in the house alot anyway, which can drive one mad so now the whole world will have to cope. I mean it sucks sure but beats the alternative.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Apparently 22 (I think) of the 38 deaths in America happened at the same nursing home in Seattle.

This is really sad for me to think about if that is true. I'm in Occupational Therapy school and I did some of field work this semester at a skilled nursing facility and it really bums me out to think about how fragile some of those residents really are. I hope this gets figured out fast because even though the general population is freaking out a little too much, it's vulnerable people like that who are in danger. Someone could carry it and not even know for a while, theres employees, family members coming in and out to visit, theres people like me doing work for school, it is very sad picturing that happening.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
One of the things that really worries me about this situation is that if we do not get 100s and 1000s dead, then there will always be some group of fucking morons that say the entire thing was a beat up, fake, unwarranted panic and stuff like that. So if we do everything correct, by taking all the precautions and our very actions basically control this problem , then many people will just not believe we had a problem in the first place, simply as we did so well at responding to it.

The worrying thing is what happens next time, touch wood. I mean in comparison to some things, Covid19 isn't even that contagious and defiantly isn't as deadly.

My nightmare scenario is that through all the actions we take, the pandemic is controlled and then some time latter a faster or much deadlier pandemic happens and people will simply not believe. They will go, "well, we just had a depression from the markets crashes and lost billions in tourism and sport and it was all for nothing, so we are not going to do anything this time"

It is like if we do really well, it will be worse next time... and if we do only "ok" and there is enough tragedy to make people take it seriously we would be better protected next time.

To be clear I WANT nothing to happen, but I just know that some fucking lame twitter freak will say "this was rubbish over reaction" and get a billion people on that train and when the "reaction" itself is what will possibly save us.

MKF30

I mean, it's kind of on him for not speeding off when 1,200 monkeys showed up for a gang war.
They're moving around constantly what if hes the delivery man and got caught during planet of the apes 2020? Lol but yeah speeding on it in a frenzy of fighting monkeys probably not a good idea.