What's new

Connecting to Online Issues

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
God I hope they fix this soon, I don't think I even got 10 games in total with @STB Hellbringer before it lagged me out of the session, connections usually fine as well so I don't get why it did it
yeah i tryed to invite u back but i tought u disconnected. But randomly disconnectiing happens sometimes but not too often for me. Maybe had it like 5 times since i got the game

Thought I'd update everyone and say that I randomly got kicked from online, saying my connection was down when in fact it wasn't. When I got back online in MKX it was back to normal speed getting into the menus. Not sure if this will last indefinitely but it has solved my issue for now. :/

Wish I could say that I did something to improve it, but it was completely random.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Thought I'd update everyone and say that I randomly got kicked from online, saying my connection was down when in fact it wasn't. When I got back online in MKX it was back to normal speed getting into the menus. Not sure if this will last indefinitely but it has solved my issue for now. :/

Wish I could say that I did something to improve it, but it was completely random.
At one point things went back to normal after I've done a premium tower. 1 game later, bam: no more online again

Mine still seems infinitely quicker even the day after the whole "D/c and fix your problem scenario". So much so that I would tentatively say that the problem has been sorted for me. Hope you guys get some luck over the next day or two. Of course there is always the chance that mine goes to shit again, but at least for now, things are looking okay.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
LOOOOL so for a while I was able to connect to online again despite the 120f delay in matches but after a while I went to lab in training mode to check Raiden's real frames on B2 and my game crashed.

When I boot it up again, BAM! 2 minute Updating Game Data screen and back to being unable to connect to online.

RIP Zombie Online. Your coming back to life was short-lived

Blade4693

VIVIVI
This happened to me once a few days ago, it was taking forever to get online, and then forever to find a ranked match, then eventually received a message saying my internet disconnected or something (It didn't) and got kicked, tried again and it was fine lol idk usually everything is ok but I have had a few times where it was completely unplayable and annoying lol

Audit

Falls down too much
At one point things went back to normal after I've done a premium tower. 1 game later, bam: no more online again

Yeah, it's not every time, just 80% of the time. Last night I played Three Ranked games in a row against the same guy and it put me back in a game with him almost instantly. It seemed like because it had someone it wanted to match me up with it went much quicker, but that could just be that one situation. It still happened to me most of the time last night.

@colt I know you have nothing to do with this, but can you point us in the right direction to get some XBone online help for this?

This happened to me once a few days ago, it was taking forever to get online, and then forever to find a ranked match, then eventually received a message saying my internet disconnected or something (It didn't) and got kicked, tried again and it was fine lol idk usually everything is ok but I have had a few times where it was completely unplayable and annoying lol
Same thing happened and the d/c fixed it for me too. But I've also noticed, if you quit back to the dashboard and exit the game whilst it is trying to connect, when you reload the game it is faster for a while. This works for me anyway, hope it helps some of you.

Sorry, to make it clearer, since I think this may actually be a temporary fix for xbone users.

Whilst on the connecting to online screen (if it is taking a long time) return to the dash board, press start and quit the game. Then reload the game, connecting to online should now work faster for a limited amount of time, if it does work faster, then you lose less time doing it this way.

With this in mind I'm guessing this issue is to do with user profile and possibly the kombat pack update, just a theory though.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Sorry, to make it clearer, since I think this may actually be a temporary fix for xbone users.

Whilst on the connecting to online screen (if it is taking a long time) return to the dash board, press start and quit the game. Then reload the game, connecting to online should now work faster for a limited amount of time, if it does work faster, then you lose less time doing it this way.

With this in mind I'm guessing this issue is to do with user profile and possibly the kombat pack update, just a theory though.
Nah. This was my very first troubleshoot go-to. Doesn't work

Same issue here on Xbox One. Been happening since last friday i think. Definitely after the last patch/tanya update. Have spoken to some others and they don't seem to have an issue, so seems to be something that's not widespread, possibly profile or local system related.

Tried clear cache - no help
Tried reinstall - worked fine on the first start... then went crap again after that.

If you only see the Connecting screen once when you first go online, you could deal with it till it gets fixed. But seeing as it displays on entering online, after quitting a player match and I think ranked matches, you end up waiting more than you do playing. Aggravating beyond belief.

I'll be sending WB a message as well, as should anyone with the same issues.

MK online has enough issues to deal with, it doesn't need crap like this.

Nah. This was my very first troubleshoot go-to. Doesn't work
Shame it's not working for you, works every time for me. As I said, it's only a temporary fix, but it certainly speeds up the process compared to just sitting and waiting. Looking forward to some comments from a dev on this matter, I don't believe this is something that can be swept aside for long.

guys ive made new profile same thing dont work i tried all day yesterday still stuck on screen wtf can be done its 4 days now is any 1 still having this issue

Audit

Falls down too much
Shame it's not working for you, works every time for me. As I said, it's only a temporary fix, but it certainly speeds up the process compared to just sitting and waiting. Looking forward to some comments from a dev on this matter, I don't believe this is something that can be swept aside for long.
I usually let it try and connect until the small MK symbol in the bottom right goes away, then I figure it's just stuck. Then I restart the game and try, because I haven't had too much luck with restarting the game either. I don't know if it's just a coincidence, but I've also had it finally connect when I've gone to the dashboard and back in.

At this point I literally read a book while playing this game. I've finished two books in four days.